LOVED this hotel!!! If you’re on the fence about booking a room here, just do it! My husband and I stayed here for two nights in late September. It was our favorite of all the hotels we stayed at in Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Santorini). This got great reviews on Booking and TripAdvisor, but I was at first hesitant to book here as I’d considered staying on the beach vs. Mykonos City. The hotel got such great reviews that I had to take a chance, and I know now that I made the right choice! Why is it so great?
- AMAZING location up on the hill overlooking Mykonos City, the famous windmills, the Mediterranean Sea. The perfect spot to watch the sunset or just look out onto the sea and the city below you. Something from a postcard! The hotel is just a 5-minute walk down some stairs into the cute streets of Mykonos City (Chora). From what I’d heard about Mykonos, I was worried we’d be hearing the clubs until early morning, but the hotel is set back and we didn’t hear a thing (and my husband and I are both very light sleepers). There are at least two beaches in walking distance (Megali Ammos and Ornos Bay) about a 15-minute walk to Ammos and a 20-30-minute walk to Ornos, or you can just walk to the bus station which is maybe five min. from the hotel. The walk to the beaches is on the main road (no sidewalks) but we went running on those same roads in the mornings and didn’t find it to be a problem. We took the ferry from Athens and it was just about a 10 euros cab ride to the hotel (about 4 miles from the new port). Back to the views though…In Santorini we would’ve paid for an expensive dinner at a fancy restaurant to have the sunset views we had from the hotel balcony here. The hotel has a lovely patio with tables and chairs and we sat there every night with wine, watching the beautiful sunset. It was literally the perfect location for sunsets, if that’s your thing. The patio is also where we ate breakfast every morning, and again, the view is just stunning. Which brings me to my next point…
- Amazing breakfast as well. The best we had in Greece, as all of our hotels offered breakfast with our room rate. Every morning we had fresh local cheese, olives, a variety of fresh fruit, greek yogurt, honey, cereals, breads, Greek specialties like Spanikopita and other small items. It was better than what you’d get in any restaurant, if you like fresh, local foods.
- The best service we encountered. Anna, the other Anna and everyone at the front desk was so helpful with our tourist questions. They even arranged a rental car for us and had the car dropped off at the hotel. They loaned us beach towels, and were just so pleasant and patient with us.
- The room was beautiful. Very simple, very clean, and one of the most comfortable beds we slept on during our Greek vacation. We had a room with a small patio as well. The hotel itself is beautiful as well – all white and very clean and simple. We just loved the local charm!
This is a boutique hotel, so if you want a large hotel with all the services and facilities like a gym, spa, restaurant, etc., this isn’t the place for you. But if you want something quaint, local, with stunning views, I recommend this hotel to anyone! Thank you to the staff for an amazing trip to Mykonos! Everything about the hotel exceeded our expectations, from the location to the excellent service to the stunning views. We hope to be back some day, and recommend the PortoBello Hotel to anyone visiting Mykonos!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on Mykonos sunset point, only 3 minute walking distance from the Old Port and 10-20 minute drive from all the beautiful beaches on the island, stands the Portobello Boutique Hotel facing breathtaking, romantic sunsets over the Aegean Sea. A particularly intimate hotel with a unique atmosphere, offering you every pampering opportunity, the Portobello will turn your vacation into a special event that will be remembered for years to come.The hotel offers free WiFi in all the public areas and in the rooms and also free parking(limited space). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your PortoBello Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- PortoBello Boutique Hotel Mykonos, Greece