“Just Perfect...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Just Perfect...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

You cannot go wrong with a stay at Little Rochari. The Staff is friendly and attentive, my room was clean had everything I needed, the public spaces are nicely appointed, and the location is just on the outskirts of town but close enough to be part of it all. The view from my patio was beautiful and over-looked the entire town. The Little Rochari is a Must!

Room Tip: The first-floor rooms have wonderful patios, the second floor rooms have a small balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I review hotels for a living all over the world. I have long been a fan of the Rochari and Little Rochari having stayed on a number of occasions in the past. I thought I had struck gold when I was offered a room for 60 Euros at the little Rochari. As I was staying alone I wanted to save on the rate. The Room was described as having no patio and I know it was their worst room. It wasn't available on the first night (often the case at Rochari) but who cares it wasn't a big deal. When given the room on day 2 I was pleasantly surprised. Comfy bed, good size bathroom, flat screen tv etc although no safe and the light switch is no where near the bed. Mykonos is a late night place and I fell into bed at about 3 am. Late for some but not all in Mykonos. Above room 123 is the bar and breakfast room plus terrace. Users pull the chairs in and out over the ceramic floor like finger nails down a blackboard. This was added to by the clip clop of high heels, you just can't tolerate it! Then when they all go to bed at about 4am someone pushes the chairs and tables noisily scrapping across the floor back again to their original position. After 4am I managed to doze off but at 7 am the lovely lady who comes to make breakfast starts rearranging everything again. It's like torture being beneath all that and only 3 house sleep. I mentioned to Stavroula the owner that it was noisy and to reception. I even called the bar on my last night which was the worst by far but they told me people were using the terrace. I know they are! In the bathroom you can hear every word of every conversation. After 4 nights of perseverance ( I do love a bargain) I had to check out. I've never had to check out of a hotel due to noise before and believe me I stay in a lot of them for a living. They apologised but didn't offer an alternative room. They didnt even offer to call a taxi or ask where i was going. I guess they just tought I was cheap but my bar bill wasn't, so I was a worthwhile guest. Room 123 at Little Rocahri lets down this well run hotel beyond belief. It's not fit for purpose. It should be a store room or offered to the deaf society on a charitable basis. I moved to my old favourite down near the harbour with great views and a level of noise I have slept through blissfully for a few years now. The lure of the pool and inclusive breakfast at the little Rochari and room 123 will never temp me again. If I travel with a friend and pay the usual 120 euros for a real room would I be tempted? I don't know. I feel a bit let down by the fact that a hotel I have always held in such high esteem would think that selling a room you can't physically sleep in is acceptable. Is it commercial need, lead by the fiscal demands of Angela Merkel or do they really not know what this room is like to sleep in when the hotel is busy?

Room Tip: Anything but room 123. A good nights sleep is priceless.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RileyFay86
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My stay at the Little Rochari was one of the best hotel experiences i've had .The staff was excellent
,everything from the airport pickup to dropoff was done in a professional manner.The rooms and beds were comfortable and quiet.
I plan to book here on my August 2014 trip back to Mykonos.

Room Tip: A must stay , and check out big Rochari down the road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel is perfectly perched on hill just on outskirt of city. Only a minute walk to get inside city ring, yet far enough for solitude. The view is amazing as well as the rooms, breakfast and service. The staff are the friendliest, most genunine people in the town. The breakfast is delicious and is served until 1PM, amazing, considering you don't get up until noon after partying all night.

Rooms are fully remodeled with great bathrooms, beds, calm yet beautiful interiors and ours had a large balcony with amazing views of water and city.

Only complaint, wifi needs to be added to the guest rooms, not just lobby. However it does add for a more social atmosphere when guests are forced to congregate in lobby for shared wifi.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request room 19 for amazing views, large balcony and wifi seeping into the room from lobby below.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SFPeaches
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

The hard-working reception staff of the Little Rochari (Stavroula in the morning, Eva in the afternoon, and Vassilis overnight) make this hotel the gem that it is. Nice, nice people who couldn't do enough to make sure that we were comfortable.

Although affiliated with the Rochari down the hill, the Little Rochari couldn't have felt more different, at least from our experience. Whereas the Rochari seemed to be popular with the fabulous but stereotypical muscle Mary's (shaved heads, steroid-inflamed jaws, four rings on each hand, tramp stamps and tribal tattoos -- shall I go on, or have you lost your lunch, too?), the Little Rochari was for the rest of us, and for straight patrons too.

Besides the staff, the highlight was the pool: well maintained and comfortable enough that we didn't even go to the beach during the three nights that we were there. However, there are only eight sun loungers and three umbrellas: I wonder whether this is a problem at busier times of the year. For those who do want to sample the legendary Mykonian beaches, the south bus station -- which serves most of the beaches that do have bus service -- is not more than 5 minutes' walk, and in between the hotel and the bus station are a handful of moto-rental places.

We got a small room with a sea view, with two single (twin) beds. It was the right size for us and everything worked fine, although it did take some effort to find the light switches for the bedside lights. I will agree with another reviewer who thought that the rooms could stand a little extra cleaning ... our floor felt a little bit dirty for the whole time that we were there. The bathrooms were a little small but fine for us.

Breakfast was very good, served buffet style from 8am. Stavroula will cook you eggs as you like them, and the fruit salad was particularly delicious.

Room Tip: It is worth getting a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ValueValueValue
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Arrived by ferry from Piraeus 15 Sep and only stayed for 2 days. We were met upon arrival and driven to the hotel - a 5 minute drive. The hotel was small, charming and located above the town with fantastic views. Our room was cozy but contained all we needed. Room 19 had a large terrace about 10'x10' with the most amazing view of the port and old city. Our first sunset was from there and most memorable. There is a small grocery store just just 200' down the hill as well as the small bus station - which is a perfect landmark should you get lost in old town and you will. The pool was quiet and water was refreshingly cool. Scooters are rented on site for €12/day - just make sure you have a enough gas before leaving. Touring the island and its beaches is incredible. The staff at LR were terrific in answering questions and offering advise. breakfast was more than sufficient each morning. Already planning a trip next year and would like to try Rochari- the original and larger property just down the street. I'd say the views from little Rochari may be better though.

Mykonos here we come again. You left me breathless.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dcrich6615
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

A perfect small place to spend a lovely vacation, close to the center the bus station, with a breathtaking view over Mykonos Bay, Quiet and clean rooms, extremely friendly staff, never-ending breakfast buffet. Nice poolside and terraces overlooking the sea. 5 minutes' walk to the center of Mykonos. Nothing negative to report. Keep up the quality!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends