“Charming and convenient!”
Review of Little Rochari

Little Rochari
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had a very nice stay in Little Rochari, a nice, well decorated and very convenient little hotel. Breakfast is very good and runs until noon - which is much appreciated during holidays. It is located at walking distance (5 min) from Mykonos city centres, its restaurants and clubs. But as soon as you close your windows you are away from the noise.
Eventually, the staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Little Rochari

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Not much to add to the already rave reviews of this property. Breakfast and airport transportation were both great. The restaurant and pool bar at the Main property are a good choice for lunch if you skip the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby if you need WiFi
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed for 10 nights in July 2014. Loved the little hotel. The staff are WONDERFUL and so friendly, and soon you think you are amongst family. This is the "little" sidekick to the larger Rochari hotel, about 1/2 km away. We liked the ability to have breakfast, use the pool and charge at either location without a problem...was a nice alternative sometimes.
The morning breakfasts are wholesome, filling, tasty and all-natural. It includes eggs, bacon, different breads, great yogurts, fresh fruits, good coffee and teas, and service with a smile.
Snacks and food, drinks, etc were very well priced (i.e. not expensive) for Mykonos in general. The location was perfect: a slightly challenging uphill trek from the main circular road, but only about 150 m from the main bus station and no more than a 10 min walk into town to the central harbour. Despite the busy the road, the Little Rochari's high perch meant there was NO NOISE and the entire hotel was always peaceful at night.
We were very pleased with the clean rooms and well-working air conditioning. The rooms have comfortable beds and nice crisp linens. Towels are thick and fresh every day. The showers do allow water to spill onto the floor but it all dries up quickly. I appreciated the in-room safe and the multi-channel cable with BBC news. We were in Rm. 108, on the bottom at the end, which proved to be larger that the rest of the rooms, with a nice sized terrace (not balcony). We really ended up liking the room quite a lot.
Wifi is great in the lobby and near the pool, but was very weak in the room, except when we had the door open!
The Rochari hotels offer as many bright yellow towels to take to the beach as you want, which is a nice touch.
Parking was plentiful at the Little Rochari and we had no problem with our motos, however the other Rochari hotel has limited parking space.

Room Tip: Rooms 18, 19, 20 seemed to be the best rooms with views and terraces. Room 08 was large with terra...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikeyg624
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Little Rochari (little to its flagship property, but only 5 mins away) is a beautiful property and highly recommended for anyone going to Mykonos. The hotel is very professional - we booked online and they wrote asking for details to send a pick up to the port. Doest seem that big a deal - trust me - that port is chaotic and to have someone holding a board waiting for you is very comforting. The hotel is under 7 mins drive from the port and located at a slight elevation which can be a trek after a night of beers, but then height also offers it the view from the room. Whats the view - white and blue and extremely calming and soothing. The room and bathroom are both very clean. There is an advantage to the Little Rochari that while you stay in the quite quarters, you can use facilities of the bigger hotel which is always packed with activity. Some of the dining recommendations from the hotel staff are extremely expensive, but otherwise the staff is very attentive and helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel to one and all!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NomadBaba
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in June with a friend and had a great experience.

The hotel is stylish and minimalist and the service from staff was excellent. Free shuttle bus arranged for us to take us to the airport that was about 10 minutes drive away.

The rooms were not huge but were simple and comfortable and from room 17 we had a fantastic view over the town, port and windmills. Great to watch sunset from (or the bar terrace). It's far enough away to escape the madding crowds of the town but close enough to be in the thick of it within five minutes.

The communal area was relaxing and spacious and is where breakfast is served. Breakfast was lovely with a great range of hot and cold foods.

The pool area was lovely albeit somewhat windy at times!

Only thing to note is that there is a steep hill up to the hotel that might not suit everyone.

Would definitely recommend and revisit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DanJamesMc
Reviewed 21 September 2013

You cannot go wrong with a stay at Little Rochari. The Staff is friendly and attentive, my room was clean had everything I needed, the public spaces are nicely appointed, and the location is just on the outskirts of town but close enough to be part of it all. The view from my patio was beautiful and over-looked the entire town. The Little Rochari is a Must!

Room Tip: The first-floor rooms have wonderful patios, the second floor rooms have a small balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I review hotels for a living all over the world. I have long been a fan of the Rochari and Little Rochari having stayed on a number of occasions in the past. I thought I had struck gold when I was offered a room for 60 Euros at the little Rochari. As I was staying alone I wanted to save on the rate. The Room was described as having no patio and I know it was their worst room. It wasn't available on the first night (often the case at Rochari) but who cares it wasn't a big deal. When given the room on day 2 I was pleasantly surprised. Comfy bed, good size bathroom, flat screen tv etc although no safe and the light switch is no where near the bed. Mykonos is a late night place and I fell into bed at about 3 am. Late for some but not all in Mykonos. Above room 123 is the bar and breakfast room plus terrace. Users pull the chairs in and out over the ceramic floor like finger nails down a blackboard. This was added to by the clip clop of high heels, you just can't tolerate it! Then when they all go to bed at about 4am someone pushes the chairs and tables noisily scrapping across the floor back again to their original position. After 4am I managed to doze off but at 7 am the lovely lady who comes to make breakfast starts rearranging everything again. It's like torture being beneath all that and only 3 house sleep. I mentioned to Stavroula the owner that it was noisy and to reception. I even called the bar on my last night which was the worst by far but they told me people were using the terrace. I know they are! In the bathroom you can hear every word of every conversation. After 4 nights of perseverance ( I do love a bargain) I had to check out. I've never had to check out of a hotel due to noise before and believe me I stay in a lot of them for a living. They apologised but didn't offer an alternative room. They didnt even offer to call a taxi or ask where i was going. I guess they just tought I was cheap but my bar bill wasn't, so I was a worthwhile guest. Room 123 at Little Rocahri lets down this well run hotel beyond belief. It's not fit for purpose. It should be a store room or offered to the deaf society on a charitable basis. I moved to my old favourite down near the harbour with great views and a level of noise I have slept through blissfully for a few years now. The lure of the pool and inclusive breakfast at the little Rochari and room 123 will never temp me again. If I travel with a friend and pay the usual 120 euros for a real room would I be tempted? I don't know. I feel a bit let down by the fact that a hotel I have always held in such high esteem would think that selling a room you can't physically sleep in is acceptable. Is it commercial need, lead by the fiscal demands of Angela Merkel or do they really not know what this room is like to sleep in when the hotel is busy?

Room Tip: Anything but room 123. A good nights sleep is priceless.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo