“Definitely good value for money but could do with a little improvement”

Eleni's Village Suites
Ranked #10 of 63 Mykonos Town B&B and Inns
London
“Definitely good value for money but could do with a little improvement”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My sister and I have been visiting Mykonos regularly for the past 4 years and we decided to stay here last week. Eleni's village is definitely better than alot of the 4-5* hotels in Mykonos which are extremely basic and lack good service. We were picked up from the port by the owner himself and occasionally when we didn't have a car he gave us lifts into the town which was very sweet. You can tell there has been a lot of effort put into this hotel to please its clientele. The only annoying thing was there is definitely a pest problem, we stayed in two different rooms and both had small ants everywhere and sometimes even flies and spiders which was a real buzzkill. Secondly, every morning extremely loud drilling and building works commenced around 9am lasting till about 2pm. I cannot tell you how annoying this is, when you're on a holiday that is the last thing you want to be woken up by. If they sort these two things out it will definitely be more pleasant.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ninja89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
Flushing, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This is not what I think of when I hear Bed and Breakfast...it's 100 times better! It felt like we stayed at a villa with a very personal touch to it. The owner picked us up from the port and right away made us feel comfortable. He gave us The American Room which helped give me the feeling of being close to home while being able to enjoy the view of the mountains and water from our doorway! He suggested some great beaches to see and restaurants to dine in...they came in very handy!
Breakfast was amazing...ohhh how I miss the eggs with feta! Having it brought directly to our door was a very special treat.
The Bed and breakfast is in the middle of the island so it's never a long distance to wherever you want to be. We rented an ATV(something i never expected to do in my lifetime) to see the Island and even though it was right up the road the owner drove us to the shop!
Everyone here was very friendly and geniunely looked as though they were having a good time...even the workers! Frank (I hope that was his name) was busy painting and working hard but always made the time to say hello or help you out if you need it! Mario is an extemely lovable dog that lives on the premises and he totally stole a spot in my heart as did Eleni's Village Suite's!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed at the Elenis Village Suites June 15th - 22nd. The Elenis Village is located right in the centre of the island so easy access to all the beaches and also Mykonos Town. As public transport is a little sporadic I would suggest hiring a scooter or car. However the owners of the Suites are more than willing to give you lifts anywhere you want to go. The owners are incredibly friendly and helpful and live on site.
The self catering suites are lovely. Big and well furnished with very comfortable furnishings ( one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept in!!). Also the kitchen are full kitchens..a rarity in self catering accomodation in Greece. A lovely touch by the owners is that they make you breakfast every morning from a selection of choices and bring it to your door! Also there are added touches such as free juice and water everyday in your fridge plus a coffee machine and free starbucks coffee! If you want somewhere quiet and relaxing with all the comforts of home, but easy access to the rest of the island I cant recommend this place more highly. This is not really a hotel...its much much more than that! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: different sized suites for your budget!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonk1966
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 5 October 2010

This bed and breakfast is run by a young couple who really keep the place in great shape, the condition of the room really matches the photos shown on the web. It is clean, spacious, comfortable, and most importantly, the AC is cold.

We stayed at the mini suite and the price includes bottle water (nice), juice (extra nice), and breakfast (super nice). Like most extended stay type American hotel, they have coffee machine (drip style) and coffee (both instant and grind), mini-bar / refrigerator, stove top, cookware, etc. It is a great place to stay for people who wants to be in Mykonos for an extended period of time.

The location is quiet, relatively easy to find, but realistically you do need a car / ATV whether you rent it on site or not. This could be a plus because many hotels in town are run down, poorly managed, and noisy at night, unlike Eleni Village Suite which is clean, spacious, quiet, and feel like HOME.

One area that might catch travelers by surprise is that the restroom / toilet in most hotels and bed and breakfasts on Greek islands are small. I've stayed in a few and the shower area's size is 50% smaller than the typical American bath tub, the bathroom counter is also much smaller (just a sink with a shelf, not a full size counter in most hotels). If you want the American sized bathroom, you probably have to stay in a much more expensive 5 star hotel or resort, so this is probably not a fair comparison with Eleni Village Suite. Also like many other Greek style hotel / bed & breakfast, the bathroom is vented via window rather than central duct / draft, so you should open the window (or at least open the glass window and close the wood window) for ventilation. If this isn't a huge problem for you, Eleni Village Suite will definitely be a good place for you.

I would definitely stay there again, because there aren't any better place to stay unless you spend a few hundred Euro per night.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Our experience at Eleni's Village Suites was nothing short of perfection. We had an incredibly early flight into Mykonos (6 am early) -- when we arrived, the manager of the hotel was waiting at the airport for us. He outlined many helpful tips on the drive to the hotel and, when we got to Eleni's Village, our room was ready and waiting. And now that I mention the rooms... some of the most comfortable and relaxing accommodations I have seen in Greece! The beds were so soft and comfortable and the rooms were beautifully decorated -- there was great attention to detail: we had a full kitchen, with a breakfast table and daybed. We stayed in the "French" room and there were little "accoutrements" everywhere that accentuated the theme of the room. We got a chance to see the American suites also, and the same care was taken with decoration there as well. Water and coffee were complimentary -- which was fantastic, I've rarely seen bottles of water included without some hidden fee! Also, the free internet was a great additional perk.

The bedroom was so relaxing -- we had a door out onto a terrace, where we could sit and soak in the view of the rolling hills and the sea. The whole aesthetic of the hotel is warm, inviting and pretty -- we really got a chance to relax here.

I have to also mention the management -- they were warm and welcoming and more than accommodating with anything we needed. We received breakfast to our room daily (and the time we requested)... and it was delicious -- our favorite was the french toast with strawberries! AND I have to add that the maid service was fantastic - the rooms were beautifully cleaned everyday -- you got the sense that real care was taken to make sure everything was in sparkling condition -- it felt great coming back to the room!

The location was peaceful and serene -- you aren't in the center of town but we preferred this and found it easy to go into town whenever we wanted.

Overall, we had a terrific stay at Eleni's Village Suites -- it is definitely a great "bang for your buck" and we found ourselves spending a LOT of extra time in our room because it was so comfortable and enjoyable!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Genk
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Great people, clean spacious rooms, minibar available at reasonable prices, good central location on the island.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I found out about this bed and breakfast through a friend. A few friends of mine and myself were looking to meet up in Mykonos and this place seemed ideal. I hate reading long reviews so here's my list to make it easier:

1. Prompt pickup from the airport.
2. A young awesome couple runs the place and even invited me out with them.
3. Breakfast was superb.
4. Rooms were very neat, clean and I felt like I was at home.
5. Internet provided.
6. Only a few short minutes to town.
7. My bed was super comfy.
8. The other guests were either young people from Europe or small families. Many sat out in front of their rooms and we socialized.

I was extremely happy with my stay and highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
#3 of 6 in Tourlos
Poseidon Hotel - Suites
Poseidon Hotel - Suites
#13 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Eleni's Village Suites? Share your experiences!