“Oven Greek Stew (Lamb Stifado)”
Review of Niko's Taverna

Niko's Taverna
Ranked #59 of 222 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Lexington, South Carolina
“Oven Greek Stew (Lamb Stifado)”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've often passed Nikos the last three years I've been visiting Mykonos, but never ate there. My travel companion this year said Nikos was one of her favorites so we went to find an inexpensive meal. Though Nikos was busy, we were seated right away, got excellent service and they accepted my Amex card. We decided on sharing their Oven Greek Stew and were totally delighted. It was served within minutes (I was actually surprised how fast it came) and was more than enough for both of us. Will definitely come back to Nikos.

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
New York
“Fun and Good Food”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Busy, bustling outdoor (and indoor) restaurant in the heart of Mykonos town. Food was really good (try the "lamb in the oven") and the waiters were scurrying about in a sort of delightful way making sure everyone was served. No problems with our service, despite how busy it was. Really an enjoyable experience.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Average food & price. Less than average service”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I went here with my sister and 2 children. After waiting more than 15 mins we got our own menus (should have left at this point) after a further 15 mins and the cries of a hungry child going unnoticed, I got up and asked to be served. At this point we were given some dry white bread - no butter, no oil. Still no order. After another request our order was taken. Food arrived about 20 mins later and was average at best. The service or should I say lack of service was totally unacceptable.

1 Thank RadianceLondon
York, PA
“Hustling waiters, delicious food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch - and found waiters who sprinted and hustled constantly in serving customers seated both inside and outside the restaurant.
The chicken stuffed with cheese, fried zucchini, tomato/cucumber salad ( served with plenty of onion so be aware), chicken souvlaki and cheese croquettes were all delicious.
Portions were medium size, filled us up, and were reasonably priced.
Will go there again.
Located off the main thoroughfare by the port, so could be easy to miss. It's just one short Mykonos block off the sandy beach.

• Visited June 2014
Mykonos Town, Greece
“A True Mykonos Tradition.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Niko's Taverna is probably the busiest and surely among the most favored tavernas in Mykonos town. Its regulars include Mykonians and longtime visitors alike. Part of the reason for its popularity (beyond its consistently fine food) is that it sits behind the town hall along a portal path between the harbor and Little Venice, providing a virtually endless parade of the sorts of passersby that make Mykonos famous. And I defy you to come at a time when Niko is not personally racing around taking orders or supervising the kitchen. Or that his daughter is not at the cash register. It's a real family operation...big time and fun.

Visited May 2014