“Very Nice place, good food.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Uno Con Carne
Ranked #29 of 215 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Price range: US$27 - US$147
Cuisines: Sushi, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milan, Italy
“Very Nice place, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've been there last September and the place is well designed and staff is very attentive. Food is very good and dishes well executed. Atmosphere nice. No excess, no noise, just relax, music and people enjoying their dinner. Very good place in Mykonos to enjoy some good food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
Toronto
“Wow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was on our hotel's list of places to try as well as recommended to use by a well-known jeweller. We loved it. The location was convenient in the back of town, and the courtyard was so atmospheric with coloured cushions, white chairs and grand large chairs, and can accommodate large groups as well as intimate couples. The food was very good and had lots of selection in terms of meat, seafood, sushi, etc. The service was attentive. I thought Uno Con Carne was better than M-eating; my husband rates them both 4 stars.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great place in a cozy garden!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Great place to have a nice steak, food is always very nice. We've been coming with my husband here for last 4 years and every time we had a best impression! From romantic times to family dinners with our son now))

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before going to this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The reviews for Uno Con Carne on TripAdvisor are quite mixed, and if I had read them whilst planning a special meal in Mykonos, I may well have been put off. However, the recommendation for this restaurant was given to me by the owner of the hotel I was staying in, with the assurance that a number of her clients had also loved eating there.

Uno Con Carne is right at the back end of Mykonos town. The unassuming alleyway leading down to the restaurant is one of the scruffier in town, in fact it was the only place in Mykonos where I saw graffiti on the walls. However, when you reach the end of this walkway and turn the corner into the restaurant, the contrast is absolutely stunning.

Previous recommendations of restaurants from the hotel owners had been homely, Greek, rustic dishes, in fitting surroundings. This set a precedent for other recommendations. Uno Con Carne was anything but. The courtyard restaurant is pristinely presented. My partner and I immediately asked for a table for two, without even looking over the menu. We were quickly seated towards the back of the restaurant on a raised platform, which offered an amazing view across the the other tables. I would personally recommend requesting to be seated in this area if you plan to visit the restaurant.

The menu offered a wide variety of dishes. From staple favourites, to unusual combinations of Greek flavours. The price was reasonable, equal to what I would expect to pay for a top end steak in the UK, roughly Gaucho prices. Just one point regarding the steaks - the sauces are pre-assigned to the cut according to the menu, but the waiter was more than happy to let us make our own combinations. The wine list was substantial, as was the cocktails list - however as my partner wasn't drinking for the duration of our holiday I opted for a glass of house red which was certainly the best house wine I had in Mykonos.

Taking a glance at other tables, the sushi from the adjoined Japanese restaurant looked incredible, and will definitely be something that I try next time I'm in town.

Service is always of an incredibly high standard in Mykonos, however the staff at Uno Con Carne appeared to hit the balance perfectly. They were friendly, attentive and knowledgeable - however were not overbearing or too pushing with topping up the water every 5 minutes. They also had a system with waiting staff bringing dishes to the table staff, so your waiter for the evening was never too far away to fix any problems.

I will definitely be visiting Uno Con Carne again when I visit Mykonos. It was easily the best meal of the holiday.

• Visited August 2013
Athens, Greece
“A "Cosmopolitan" Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Always nice to visit this restaurant and its beautiful courtyard and also nice to remember the days when it was functioning as "Cleopatras' Pool" (although there was never anything related to Cleopatra and the pool does not exist anymore). The food is very good indeed (both meat and fish courses) although it is quite expensive even for Mykonos-standards. Staff is polite and always willing to explain and suggest courses of a more reasonable cost if somebody does not want to exaggerate in ordering.

• Visited August 2013