“very great hotel”
Review of Milena Hotel

Milena Hotel
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed 15 October 2013

the owner and the staff are very very nice and it is a beautiful and quite hotel!! the room is clean and comfortable. The location is a little far from the centre but we dont have to worry about it because the hotel is next to the bus station and sometimes the owner drove us to the centre o to the port. He gave us a best experience in Mykonos

1  Thank Lola11111
There are newer reviews for Milena Hotel

Reviewed 15 October 2013

amazing place, welcoming people, clean room..! We were speechless...!
I'd like to thank you again Giannis and his mother, Milena, for their kindness and availability!
We hope to see them soon again..!
Have a nice winter too!

2  Thank VincenzoLeuzzi
Reviewed 2 October 2013

If you want a hotel that makes you feel welcome before you even arrive on the island then look no further!
I emailed this hotel to ask about getting from the airport, they emailed back within a day and told me they would pick us up and to send the flight details. We arrived at the hotel before check-in time, were offered refreshments and given lots of information. We were able to check into our room early as they prioritised cleaning it. The place was immaculate.
Breakfast was a little extra and was quite basic, but we went to the local supermarket and utilised the fridge in the room, they were more than happy to provide plates and cutlery.
I think people need to be realistic... for the price something has to give, a little and yes that is probably the location. But seriously the bus goes straight past the hotel doors, the owners offer lifts to airports and ferry ports (they also dropped us off at the ferry), anyone hiring a car or a bike wont have an issue, The hotel ten minutes by car to Paradise beach and about five to the centre, maybe a fifteen minute maximum walk.
Overall, accommodation is lovely, hospitality is amazing, location is good. I don't think (especially for the price) you could ask for any-more. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank JustSo13
Reviewed 28 September 2013

THE OWNERS/HOSTS: I would LOVE to be able to give this hotel 5 stars and an EXCELLENT review just for the hospitality but I cannot base this review only on hospitality. I cannot say ENOUGH great things about the owners. First off, Giannis is AMAZING...what an awesome guy! He would drive us into town on the nights we wanted to go there (since traffic and finding parking is so bad during peak season, we didn't want to take our cars). We also got a free pickup and drop-off at the port. I really do agree with other reviewers when they say that they would go back JUST for the owners.

THE LOCATION: The location for me was not so great. I know that technically you don't spend that much time in the hotel, but this hotel is on a SUPER BUSY trafficked road with cars coming up and down at high speeds. There is nothing close to this hotel walking distance except a supermarket and bakery. Once you open the front gates of the hotel, you are literally stepping on the side of this very busy road and you have to be VERY careful crossing the street to go to the parking lot where your car is parked. The walk to town is NOT 15 minutes as another reviewer mentioned - I disagree and would put it closer to 20-25 minutes and most importantly IT IS NOT SAFE to walk on this road from the hotel, especially if you have kids in the group. Truth is, when you are in Mykonos, you are going to go to a different beach every day so regardless of where you stay, you will need to drive. So why not stay in a better location?

THE ROOMS/HOTEL: It is a very very clean hotel, the rooms are quaint, each one with a different color scheme (ours was the pink room). The rooms though are fairly close to each other, and our room had one window that looked out to nothing but the communal passageway and all the doors of the other rooms. And of course, you can hear every conversation happening outside of your door.

People tend to say: It doesn't matter what the hotel looks like or where you stay since you don't spend THAT much time in the room. To be honest though, it does makes a difference. Being in such a beautiful place like Mykonos, isn't it nice to wake up, eat breakfast, sip your morning coffee on a balcony or terrace either facing the beach or a beautiful view?

This, of course is just my personal take on it. If you don't care about views or walking to town, or busy roads, then of course, this is a great place to stay. And again, I wish I could be happier with the location to give it 5 stars only because the hosts were absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, though, if I were to go back, I would stay in a different location - somewhere by a beach or at least somewhere walking distance to town. Somewhere that if I walked out of the hotel, I know I could find some "life" and do something. And I know that there are people out there who probably want the same.

I have to say, I feel terrible even writing this because I loved the hosts and wish I could say the best things about this place but it would be dishonest and a disservice to whomever reading this to give it 5 stars based on hospitality alone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank Chrysma
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The hotel is designed all white in Greek style. Traditional and tidy. I am sure you will like it.The owner is excellent as he pick up us in the airport punctually in the early morning. We felt so safe someone take us to the hotel. I am sure he is a responsible guy and you will enjoy the stay in his place. By the way, thanks for the little souvenir. Every time we see it, think of the unforgettable moments in lovely Mykonos!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie C
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Was truly a fantastic experience staying at the Milena Hotel! Was told upon our arrival that Gianni actually went down to the port and hotel in the morning to try to find us and pick us up! However he could not locate us as he did not have our flight details and we only flew into Mykonos in the late evening. By the way... for those flying into Mykonos airport, Milena Hotel is located only a short walking distance away. After checking in and freshening up, Gianni offered to drive us to the city centre for dinner and also gave us a detailed map of the island and adviced on where we can get good food/ place to take the bus back to the hotel/ what to do. Milena Hotel is within walkable distance to the city centre but for those who prefer to have a relaxing holiday, you can just rent a 4 wheel ATV at around 20euros (for 24hrs) and you can drive it anywhere around Mykonos island to do your exploration! Parking of the rented ATV is free just opposite Milena Hotel as advised by Gianni. Everything was just wonderful and I really love the hospitality which Hotel Milena provided... especially to Gianni as he arranged for his cousin to be pick us up from the city centre with our luggages in the car and then fetched us to the port to wait for our ferry to Santorini. We were also really surprised that Gianni appeared at the port soon after just to bid us farewell and hoped that we enjoyed our stay in Mykonos. I am honestly truly impressed with his sincerity and hospitality which he had rendered throughout my stay there!!! :) Thumbs up and would really recommend this hotel to my friends!

Room Tip: Rooms are cosy and very clean! =)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lingyu_teng
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at hotel Milena for a long weekend in Mykonos in September.
The hotel itself is very clean and quiet pretty. It is located about 15 minutes walk from the centre of Mykonos town or a 2 min drive. On arrival the owner pick us up at the port. He often went out of his way to help us and on several occasions drove us into Mykonos town.
Great place to stay with amazing owners.

• Stayed: September 2013
#15 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Corfos Hotel
Corfos Hotel
#8 of 22 in Ornos

Been to Milena Hotel? Share your experiences!