“Lovely food just a little overpriced for us! ”

Catari Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #51 of 227 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Price range: US$28 - US$36
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We were out in town looking for some Italian food as there are so many Italian people you would except good food! The food was absolutely yummy! I would recommend the homemade ravioli and the bruschetta pizza as they tasted amazing! The ravioli was a small portion but did fill me up enough not to be hungry! Everything was fresh which I loved! It was a little overpricey in my opinion but all well worth it!

1  Thank Hospitality_critic89

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We found this restaurant on trip advisor and they were completely right about how amazing this place is. It's good to go before 9 because it is really crowded. The restaurant design and atmosphere is really cosy and trendy. The waiters are really nice and good looking too. I had a tuna tartare with tomato sand olive oil and it is a great starter. Pizza is also really good. It is a bit hard to find but don't give up.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Title says all, discrete cooking but .. Nastro Azzurro 33cl 7€ .. pizza Napoli 14€ .. not in line.
If you're looking for some good dish despite prices, that may be one of your place.

1  Thank Mxter
MykonosRestaurateur, Owner at Catari Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Mxter,

Thank you for your review on Catari. It is always a pleasure to read that our fellow Italians love our food. As to your comment about our prices, they are clearly indicated in our trilingual menu …… Nobody is obliged to sit or stay ……. Just let us stress that working with first quality ingredients and wines, most of them directly imported by us from Italy, and having an all Italian team in the kitchen has a corresponding cost (and a corresponding result in the flavours of our dishes as you recognize) ….. As you certainly have realized, Mykonos is a very expensive island, for those who live here, for those who work here and of course for tourists ……. If you hope to find here the same prices you get in the small restaurant in your home town ….. Unfortunately you got it all wrong from the beginning ……. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I was starving so we stopped at the first Italian place I could find. Let me tell you, that had to be the most attractive group of waiters I have see at any restaurant! We ordered the carpaccio and the pizza diavola. The carpaccio was delish but the pizza was beyond excellent! The pizza crust was cooked perfectly, just the right amount of mozeralla and a delightfully spicy salami. It did take awhile to get the check which seems to be the usual around here but the handsome service and excellent food was more than worth it!'

1  Thank AliMM4
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We ve been there a few times. The place is nice and staff very friendly. On the food now: the pizza is good but not all kinds (we liked a couple only, but must say that all were cooked well), that goes also for the pasta. Otherwise the meat was not something special nor the fish (I am against ordering fish in such restaurants but was worth trying just to get the whole feel of the place). Salads not nice, felt like something was missing and tried 3 out of the menu. I would have tried it once more as it was not a bad eating experience, however the prices make me very hesitant, just because it doesn't feel right to pay 40-50 per person for this kind of cuisine. Italian restaurant owners in mykonos in general have some wrong impression about the pasta and pizza, they serve it as if they have invented gold whereas its only dough and pasta and for such price id rather pay a bit more and go to something more elegant.