“Wallet wrecker”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Veranda Cafe

Veranda Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Greek, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Athens, Greece
“Wallet wrecker”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Great location, one of the best you can find. Service? Ok. Terrible wi-fi, alien prices. 6 euros for a cold coffee? You must be crazy!

6 ευρώ ο φραπέ. Αυτά.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Diamantis_0

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kingswinford
“Veranda Enigma?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I only read the reviews on the Veranda on returning home following a cruise that included a day in Mykonos.
I can understand fully the opinions expressed.
I can also only say it as we saw it.
After a few hours of site seeing in 30 degrees of warmth we needed a little shade, a drink, a bite to eat and the toilet.
We wanted 3 of the 4 looking at the sea.
The Veranda seemed to fit the bill.
Yes the tables and chairs are basic, the waitresses not the most chatty but we read the menu and decided it would do for us.
In brief we had 2 beers and 2 club sandwiches for around 30 euros, sat in the shade at or slightly below sea level looking at the famous windmills. The Med lapping against the sea wall creating a refreshing spray.
So there is the dilemma perhaps?
Although I would not rave about the place we have nothing but a happy memory of an hour or so spent in relative comfort enjoying one of the Greek islands most famous views.
You pays yer money........

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Stephen P
Cascais, Portugal
“Overpriced and terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The location is ideal. No doubt, one of the best views for the windmills but the service is terrible, waiters are simple rude and unpleasant. The first row of seats by the sea was empty but the waiters didn't allow us nor other couples there to sit, they said it was "reserved". Extremely overpriced, 14 euros for two 330mI mythos beer, don't recommend it to anyone. There are other places with nicer service

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Vera S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgrace”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Poor service for overpriced drinks. A unpleasant experience involving the bar not accepting perfectly genuine currency!!! Felt embarrassed and victimised! The staff didn't deal with the situation pleasantly and followed this up with rudeness! Never recommend as had much better experiences in other bars on the island for a much more respectable price.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Putters23
Mégara, Attiki, Greece
“A Ripp Off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went there with my 3 children I ordered a cappuccino and and a juice (not Fresh, canned) the waitress was rude, looking as she was doing us a favour. When she brought the drinks I asked for the WiFi password. She told me in rude way that they don't have WiFi.!!!
I asked the other other waiter after a minute and he gave me the password and it worked. When I asked the waitress the bill , it was 14 euros. 8 euros for cappuccino and 6 euro for canned juice.
I payed..and when I asked her why she told me that there was no WiFi she turned around and left without a answer...and mean expression in her face

• Visited July 2013