“If I visit MYKONOS again THARROE will be my hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tharroe of Mykonos Hotel

Tharroe of Mykonos Hotel
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
“If I visit MYKONOS again THARROE will be my hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in THARROE of MYKONOS on 21st till 27th of may. What can i say, I've to a lot of hotels this one has an amazing view from my room and no hotel staff could compares. They made me feel at home, a family member. My room, towels and bed sheets were cleaned/changed daily, even if I leave one hour and come back I find my room cleaned and wiped, honistly I was more than satisfied. Even the restaurant waiter was so elegant, classy and friendly. Moreover, they went over board and booked me an amazing trip to delos.

I was depressed the day I left the hotel because the staff felt like I'm leaving my family, this an amazing experience I will never forget.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Hamano88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I and my husband went there for our honeymoon. All the guys in the hotel were really nice to us. The view from the pool was great. I'd love to sit there all day! They picked us up in the port, they served us coffee and hot water every morning when we had our breakfast without asking and Elsa helped us shoot our wedding pictures. They were really sweet and thoughtful. And free mini bar! They even have a small pool with warm water and bubbles. I don't remember how to call it. Their great services were to many to enumerate.Anyway, we enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa L
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

There's so much choice in Mykonos, but we feel we chose well!
Waking up so see these views every morning is beautiful. Ok, so there's a short walk into town, but that's a fair deal to get the hilltop views.
The team make this place. They cannot do enough for you. Always asking and accommodating to your needs. (Elsa & Gianni).
The restaurant menu could be expanded to compete with the choices offered in town.
Highly recommended....we will return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MatthewandIan
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Overall we had a great time at Mykonos and the service provided by the hotel staff were absolutely excellent.

Special mention to Elsa who was extremely friendly & knowledgeable giving us recommendations of things to do (yachting, bowling, sights-seeing tours) and ensured that if things were not right, they immediately fixed them during our stay and accommodated us to their best of ability. The team did really go out of their way to ensure that we had the best of time. We got free welcome/farewell drinks & free update for our group to a suite with sea-view. Gianni at the restaurant was extremely attentive and did his best to cater for us during breakfast.

Secondly, the panoramic view from the hotel was absolutely incredible and breath-taking. We could't do it justice from the pictures.

Having reflected on previous accounts by other travelers, although some may say that the amenities are not quite up to other international hotel chains' standards, this family run hotel offers an authentic rustic Greek charm, rather than the normal glitzy modern deco, which is a refreshing change and I would much prefer staying in a boutique, charming hotel whilst on holiday.

There are certain things that I think could be improved on:
1) TV satellite and Wifi signal can be weak at certain spots in the hotel
2) Hotel breakfast could probably have benefited with rotating menus to give more choice, given that we stayed for a week
3) It may also be beneficial to have some tables by the pool at the deck area to put drinks/food on
4) Blinds to be provided to block sunlight from coming into the room too early in the morning

On balance, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Greece and we would like to thank all the staff at Tharroe for making our stay memorable and made us felt at home with their Greek hospitality.

We will definitely stay again when we visit next year!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jimmy K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We despised the first place we had booked and called this hotel in hopes of something better. We were nothing short of amazed from the beginning. They sent a car to pick us up, offered us a welcome drink while they finished tidying up the room, took our bags to the room, etc. Elsa was our first impression and by the time we left, she was a friend. Giannis at the bar is an amazing guy and will ensure you feel catered to at every meal. The beds were amazingly comfortable, the room was very clean and the breakfast was great. The view is absolutely stunning and I can't say enough about how well they took care of us. The walk to town is only 10 minutes and the cab back is only 4 Euro. You are doing yourself a disservice if you don't stay here while in Mykonos!

All our <3 to the Tharroe of Mykonos Staff/Family! <3 The Famous Heather ;)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank H M
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My family came back to Mykonos after years away, and we decided to stay here at the Tharroe again. It hasn't changed much, and we felt very welcome. There are improvements to the property that weren't there before, but the view from the pool, particularly at night, is everything it used to be. We know the Island, and the town, and even if one comes here to savour the night life, it's wonderful to have a place outside of the center to get away to. And here it is! Some days, we just stayed in from dawn to dusk and beyond. The food is very good, the bartender willing to create whatever you feel like drinking, and the rest of the staff smiling and offering any assistance you might want. You need a driver? Just ask, and they'll call you in your room when the car arrives. It's a pleasure to walk in and let yourself be taken care of.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank elaniii
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was a day late getting to Mykonos due to fog in London. I booked through Expedia so there would have been no refunds from the hotel itself but Adonis did provide me with a complimentary dinner. Very nice of him.
The hotel is about a 20 minute walk into town, and at the top of a hill. So if you have bad knees, you might want to consider a taxi. €5. There is also a small shop less than 2 minutes walk from the entrance. Very reasonable. Stocks water, beer, wine, breads etc.
I arrived in Mykonos a week before the island basically shut for 6 months, so it was quiet and there were hardly any other guests which was nice. However because of the time of year, the pool was too cold to swim in, but the view over the town and the ocean were magnificent.
I was welcomed by the friendly (and cute) Adonis and had a welcome drink before heading to my room.
Lets just say, the rooms were basic, but the view was incredible. The TV didn't work and it could do with a bit of updating. The shower stall and the shower itself were showing signs of age and really need to be replaced. The bed wasn't the most comfortable that i've slept in, but I had no issues getting to sleep. My room did have a long tiled balcony which looked over the island and to the ocean. However at the end of the balcony (and the rear of the hotel) if you look close by it's just an area of rubble with a few empty bottles strewn around. Not that appealing, you just have to remember to look up and see the ocean and the other islands. I was however turned off by the old smelly sock at the end of my balcony, and that wasn’t removed for the whole time I was there. I’m pretty sure it’s seen a few summers go by.
Adonis was lovely, but so were all the staff that I met. Sorry can’t remember their names. As I found out, they go home in Oct for 6 months and come back at Easter to work quite hard for another 6 months. They seem to come from all over. One was from Athens, and another from Thessaloniki which is at the top of Greece, so quite a distance away.
I had one meal at the hotel and I quite enjoyed it, however they don’t seem to change their menu on a regular basis. Same for Breakfast, it was the same every day, but you can ask for eggs anyway you want them. However, this is quite the norm for traveling in Europe, a basic buffet type breakfast including Greek yoghurt, deli meats, fruit and breads.
I really could imagine being in the hotel during the summer enjoying the pool and the views. Maybe someday.
I was picked up at the airport on time, and really it's only about a 5 minute drive. Nice and close.
So to sum it all up. A great little hotel, but not perfect. Needs a bit of updating and a few licks of paint. Don’t let that put you off as the view will make it all worth while.
Thanks again Adonis.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with an ocean view room.