“Unmatched hospitality”

Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Woodinville, Washington
“Unmatched hospitality”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here May 27 & 28 2014. Elsa and the staff were so welcoming and made me feel like this was home. They create an atmosphere where you really prefer to stay at the hotel instead of going into town. Peaceful, quiet, relaxing. When I go back to Mykonos, I'm staying here!! Recommended hands down, no questions asked. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bryan C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Greek first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a really lovely hotel ,because of it size the staff have the time to give you individual attention .our room was bright and spotless with incredible views over the town and the sea
.special thanks to elsa and gianni and in fact all the staff

Room Tip: Over looking the ocean
3 Thank Wales2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in THARROE of MYKONOS on 21st till 27th of may. What can i say, I've to a lot of hotels this one has an amazing view from my room and no hotel staff could compares. They made me feel at home, a family member. My room, towels and bed sheets were cleaned/changed daily, even if I leave one hour and come back I find my room cleaned and wiped, honistly I was more than satisfied. Even the restaurant waiter was so elegant, classy and friendly. Moreover, they went over board and booked me an amazing trip to delos.

I was depressed the day I left the hotel because the staff felt like I'm leaving my family, this an amazing experience I will never forget.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Hamano88
Beijing, China
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I and my husband went there for our honeymoon. All the guys in the hotel were really nice to us. The view from the pool was great. I'd love to sit there all day! They picked us up in the port, they served us coffee and hot water every morning when we had our breakfast without asking and Elsa helped us shoot our wedding pictures. They were really sweet and thoughtful. And free mini bar! They even have a small pool with warm water and bubbles. I don't remember how to call it. Their great services were to many to enumerate.Anyway, we enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

There's so much choice in Mykonos, but we feel we chose well!
Waking up so see these views every morning is beautiful. Ok, so there's a short walk into town, but that's a fair deal to get the hilltop views.
The team make this place. They cannot do enough for you. Always asking and accommodating to your needs. (Elsa & Gianni).
The restaurant menu could be expanded to compete with the choices offered in town.
Highly recommended....we will return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MatthewandIan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Overall we had a great time at Mykonos and the service provided by the hotel staff were absolutely excellent.

Special mention to Elsa who was extremely friendly & knowledgeable giving us recommendations of things to do (yachting, bowling, sights-seeing tours) and ensured that if things were not right, they immediately fixed them during our stay and accommodated us to their best of ability. The team did really go out of their way to ensure that we had the best of time. We got free welcome/farewell drinks & free update for our group to a suite with sea-view. Gianni at the restaurant was extremely attentive and did his best to cater for us during breakfast.

Secondly, the panoramic view from the hotel was absolutely incredible and breath-taking. We could't do it justice from the pictures.

Having reflected on previous accounts by other travelers, although some may say that the amenities are not quite up to other international hotel chains' standards, this family run hotel offers an authentic rustic Greek charm, rather than the normal glitzy modern deco, which is a refreshing change and I would much prefer staying in a boutique, charming hotel whilst on holiday.

There are certain things that I think could be improved on:
1) TV satellite and Wifi signal can be weak at certain spots in the hotel
2) Hotel breakfast could probably have benefited with rotating menus to give more choice, given that we stayed for a week
3) It may also be beneficial to have some tables by the pool at the deck area to put drinks/food on
4) Blinds to be provided to block sunlight from coming into the room too early in the morning

On balance, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Greece and we would like to thank all the staff at Tharroe for making our stay memorable and made us felt at home with their Greek hospitality.

We will definitely stay again when we visit next year!!!!!!!!!

3 Thank Jimmy K
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We despised the first place we had booked and called this hotel in hopes of something better. We were nothing short of amazed from the beginning. They sent a car to pick us up, offered us a welcome drink while they finished tidying up the room, took our bags to the room, etc. Elsa was our first impression and by the time we left, she was a friend. Giannis at the bar is an amazing guy and will ensure you feel catered to at every meal. The beds were amazingly comfortable, the room was very clean and the breakfast was great. The view is absolutely stunning and I can't say enough about how well they took care of us. The walk to town is only 10 minutes and the cab back is only 4 Euro. You are doing yourself a disservice if you don't stay here while in Mykonos!

All our <3 to the Tharroe of Mykonos Staff/Family! <3 The Famous Heather ;)

3 Thank H M