“Lacking in all aspects!”

Apollonia Hotel & Resort
Ranked #54 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Lacking in SERVICE (other than the sweet lady, Maria, who works at the bar counter and sometimes during breakfast at the restaurant). Contrary to the description on its website, It's also lacking in many other hotel necessities such as complimentary water and bedroom slippers in the very basic room.

When asked for the restaurant menu, a gentlemen replied, "what do you want? We don't have a menu, but we have all types of pasta, chicken, steak, seafood..." It makes it inconvenient for guests to come up with their own food list.

Overall, we thought the only positive point to this hotel is its great sea view (which is a given in most hotels in the area) and Maria who's mentioned above.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heysoek

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We got a room with a shared terrace and room door to another room, they simply separated a 2-bedroom suite into two rooms, meaning you could hear almost anything through the wall. After complaining we were promised to change the room the next day, which was a very roomy suite, but was a smoking room, which they denied ("the smoke its from the outside..."). Day 3: we pleased to change the smoky curtains, which they did, there was a aunts invasion in the evening in the bathroom. We called the house keeper, who sprayed toxic without removing the dead animals in the poisened bathroom. Is that what you expect from a 4-star hotel? As we could not use the bathroom we had to check in at another hotel for the night. On the last day we had ordered a transfer to the airport which was 40 min late ("please be more patient, the flights are on delay anyway..." - which was not true, the flight was on time, which we found out later). Tough the location is great in mykonos, this hotel cannot be recommended. Apart from our experience there we heard several guest complaining about cold water, construction noise at 8.30 am...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Karolina132
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It was great 3 nights.. first of all I have booked a room with jacuuzi.. but when I said that it is my honeymoon.. they upgraded it to a suite with sauna.. the location is great.. quiet and calm atmosphere.. food is great.. the only thing is the bugs and ants.. they are everywhere here.. the hotel is so clean and the staff are great.. recommend this resort for vacation and honeymoon too..

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mohammed A
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed in Apollonia Hotel in Mykonos with the group of 6 friends as my guests for 2-3 days beginning of August and it was generally pleasant experience. Expensive but decent rooms, food and friendly staff, which I was familiar with due to my previous stay at the hotel. At the check-out my AMEX card could not be charged for an unknown reason so I was informed that I will be charged from another property of the same owner, which sounded OK to me. After a month I have received the bank statement with the same amount charged twice - actually from both properties! Since early September I am trying to refund the amount of close to 2.500 EUR on my credit card with no success. I left my contacts to the reception staff numerous times with no answer. I spoke once to the Manager/Owner, certain Mr. Michalis who blamed it on the staff and promised quick solution, but after that stopped taking my calls. Early October I have received an email from the accountant, Mr. Stavros Papargyriou, who asked for my credit card details in order to execute the refund, which he never did. Now, nobody is answering emails or telephone, due to the end of the season, so I guess I will have to find legal ways to get my money back. I started to believe that this is actually a scheme which a lot of people do not really recognize or is too complicated to pursue.

Room Tip: Rooms that you pay only with cash, no credit cards!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Dejan R
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My best friend and I stayed at Apollonia Hotel&Resort in Mykonos from July the 3rd until the 8th, 2013. Being myself a student from a hospitality school in Switzerland, I have to say that this hotel is simply magical. The view is breath taking, the pool is very clean, fresh and beautiful, the food of the restaurant is delicious and trust me, there is nothing greater than eating, swimming and enjoying the sun from on of the hotel's hammac, while looking at a paradisiac and peaceful view. The only negative point is that there is no WIFI in the rooms, but being on holidays, means no need of phone and emails! Otherwise, Amazing staff and service, great location and we surely will come again very soon! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cíndy F
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Pick up from the airport was excellent and first impressions of the hotel were good, reception and lounge areas especially. Once we'd checked in we were shown to our room and to be honest we were a little disappointed, it was quite basic and certainly not up to the standard we expected after seeing the fabulous reception and lounge areas. The supposed double bed was two singles pushed together, the bathroom was very tired but I must stress everywhere was spotless, the cleaning staff did a great job.
We had a huge balcony with nice views and a jacuzzi but we were above the kitchen and we were woken almost every morning at 6.30 by staff downstairs preparing for the day.
The pool area is excellent although quite small. The hotel was never more than half full when we were there so there was never a problem with sunbeds but I think that could change if it was full occupancy bearing in mind there's only 20 or so loungers.
Breakfast was ok with a decent selection but I can't say what dinner was like because we ate out every night either at the Belissimo just up the road where the food, prices and service were excellent or in Mykonos town. We did try the Hippy Fish on the beach front but we were treated like an inconvenience. Even though the place wasn't busy the attitude of the staff was horrendous and we couldn't finish our meal fast enough and leave we were made to feel so uncomfortable. I could go on more about that but I won't except to say I have my own very successful business and if that was my place I'd be making major changes as soon as possible. Disgraceful.
This was our third visit to Greece in 4 months and we usually have a car but this time we thought we'd try the local bus service and it was very good picking up and dropping off just 2 minutes from the hotel. The journey to Mykonos takes about 15 minutes and costs 1.60 euro's one way, all very easy.
My wife and I like quiet but the location and the time of year meant it was too quiet for us but overall we had a great time.

Room Tip: Be wary if you have problems with steps, the hotel is on a steep hillside which means quite a hike i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EvoSpringer
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Our transfer was on time and we gazed in wonder at this beautiful boutique resort
First impressions are so important and informative and the receptionist welcomed us sincerely and we immediately felt at home
The room featured French doors which opened on to a patio overlooking the bay
Everything was clean light and airy
The dining room was wonderful as was the food and the attentive wait staff could not have been more personable going out of their way to offer 5 star service
The pool was amazing!
Car hire was organised through the front desk and was delivered to us and collected the next day
Nothing was too much trouble for anyone and the attention to detail excellent
This is an experience not to be missed when in Mykonos
Loved it and a return trip is being planned!

• Stayed: September 2013
#45 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Kirini - My Mykonos Retreat
Kirini - My Mykonos Retreat
#49 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Apollonia Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!