“Nice hotel but not 5*”

Kouros Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
“Nice hotel but not 5*”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

We had an enjoyable few nights at the Kouros.

The pros of the hotel for me were: walkable into town if you wanted to go out (taxis are non-existent to a brawl in high season); nice pool; and, helpful concierge.

The rooms are certainly more 3-4* and were outdated but clean. For example, we did not have a shower in our bathroom and had to do the old school hand shower over the head routine which sprays the whole of the bathroom. My guess is the rooms are 10-15 years since their last renovation.

The concierge (owner?) was certainly very helpful and went out of his way to be helpful and organise anything we wanted. Personally, I found Mykonos a bit of a nightmare on this front as we were not even in high season and taxis were difficult to get, restaurants and the hotel were reluctant to call them (on the basis it was pointless) so you could get stranded at a beach or in town at night.

The restaurant owner was lovely and very helpful. I actually found the breakfast buffet to be a bit disappointing. The food is prepared and just goes a bit stale (e.g. eggs) and there is no fresh hot food being prepared. During the day the menu is simple and has 5-6 items (too short), none of which were particularly memorable and if anything tried to over complicate things. The evening food is expensive but decent but again i would not rush back given the prices. The service was super friendly and helpful though.

Overall, I found the hotel to be nice but not good value for money. The location is good if you want to go to town in the evening but still have a nice pool and view for the days. My guess is the location is what the hotel lives off of.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank salukionholiday

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

There aren't enough words to describe how amazing this hotel really is. From the food, the amazing sunset views, the big rooms, the pool, the perfect location, the BREAKFAST!!! to the best and most unbelievable hospitality that I have ever come across at any hotel. The staff are the friendliest and most helpful staff on earth. Nothing to them is impossible, they all bend backwards for their guests. This amazing hospitality led by Alex can really be used as a model for all other hotels to follow. You haven't experienced Mykonos until you've experienced it with their famous greek hospitality. I can write a full book on how above and beyond their customer service really is. You really feel as if you're part of a greek family when staying at the Kourus. I have no doubt on where I'll be staying if I ever visit Mykonos again. This hotel has truly earned to be labelled "the BEST".

Much love from your biggest fans Majid & Rola

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing. They all face the sea and are all of a bigger size in comparison to other hot...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
KourosHotelMykonos, Guest Relations Manager at Kouros Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Majid and Rola,

I cannot say enough about your entire group and of course especially for both of you. It was a real pleasure having you both here and of course I had one of the best nights out with you adn your friends.

Thank you so so much for your nice words and I really hope to see you soon either here again or maybe even in Dubai.

Take good care of yourselves and always be as happy and as perfect as you are!!!!

SUKRAN IKTIR!!!!!!

Best Regards,

new rochelle, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I have nothing but nice things to say about this hotel. We stayed for 3 short nights at the end of June. As it was our anniversary, the staff had a lovely bottle of wine and snacks waiting for us in our room, which was a great way to welcome us to Mykonos after a long day of flying. From the moment you walk into the main lobby, you are just blown away by the breathtaking views. We arrived as the sun was beginning to set, which obviously made it just all that more lovely. The hotel is built into the side of a cliff, so the main entrance is at the top of the property and the rooms are located below. We were brought to a room at the mid-level, and incredible space with a terrace the size of my apartment in New York. Seriously. It overlooked the pool, and was incredibly large and beautiful (see attached pictures). They offer free transport from the airport if you arrange it in advance.

Kouros is located about 10 minutes outside of Mykonos town on foot. It's an easy walk there and back. We deliberately chose to stay at a hotel outside of the craziness of Mykonos Town... While the town is awesome, we were looking for a little peace and quiet at night. We got it. The hotel is not for those of you looking to get wasted and party until 4:00. They have a beautiful pool area, and a bar/restaurant that looked great, but it's pretty quiet at night. It's a great place to stay if you want to walk into town after a nice day at the beach, have a great meal, get drunk on ouzo, and stumble back to. The bed was very comfy, and the bathroom was great.

HERE'S WHAT MAKES THIS HOTEL SPECIAL: Alex and Breakfast. Alex, the concierge, was nothing short of spectacular. This dude spent as long as we needed talking to us... he advised us on what beaches to visit based on our somewhat nitpicky expectations. He told us how to get there. He helped us with car rental. He helped me get a sim card for my iPhone. He greeted us every time we saw him with a smile, and knew our names from before the time we arrived. He must live there, because I never didn't see him. The staff in general was top-notch. Stathis at the front desk was very helpful. The breakfast crew went out of their way to please. I'm not a breakfast-room type of guy, so every morning we'd bring plates up to our terrace, and the staff was always offering to help us carry them, etc. Breakfast itself was amazing. AMAZING. It changes daily, so you never know what you will see, but it was all a cut above any hotel breakfast I've ever had. Many reviewers have posted pictures, so check those out.

All in all, I can highly recommend Kouros. They made us feel special from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. I'm only sad that I couldn't spend longer there. Or live there. Seriously, I'd clean toilets at that place if it meant I could spend an entire summer there.

Alex... THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Some terraces are more private than others. Call and request what you'd like.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adamwelsh
Thank you very much for your nice words for the hotel and of course for myself. Also I must admit that your review is the funniest of all reviews and really made me laugh..........

You are so right though, I live at the hotel and I am pretty much all the time around reception, so our customers get to see me lots!!!

Thank you once again and I really hope to see you soon.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

The location of the hotel was nice. It was within walking distance to town,but far enough away for privacy. Our room was a great size with a beautiful view of the bay area. The sunsets were so beautiful I hated to miss them any evening. What stood out to me was the staff and service. The entire staff was very friendly and eager to be of help. I lost my billfold while in town and the staff did all they could to be of assistance. We had dinner one night in their restaurant. The food was excellent. One of the best Caesar salads I have ever had. Breakfast was a buffet and was nicely presented with several choices. I would definitely go back there and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012
You are absolutely right on your comment regarding our restaurant. It is tailor maid for the needs of this hotel by a famous Greek chef from Athens. Its cuisine is Mediterrannean and the dishes are prepared to perfection providing excellent service all the time and I am glad to read that you had good times.

Thank you for your review and your nice comments!!

Take good care.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Came from the states to experience Greece and I must say, it was tough to leave the Kouros hotel. It is absolutely beautiful, its location is perfect and the staff are so helpful and wonderful. They were always available and more than willing to answer any questions, book local services and give us the best restaurant recommendations. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in Mykonos. The rooms are comfortable and amazing and the views are breathtaking. And I should also mention that Alex was so great and made our trip so much better. I cannot wait to come back and stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms facing out to the ocean have the most beautiful views in all of Greece!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
It was a real pleasure meeting you and getting to know you during your stay at Kouros Hotel & Suites.

Reading that your overall stay here was good and met your standards was great, knowing also that my effort made it a bit better that was a real treat for me.

Thank you also for the great surprise you left behind...... Your message put a big smile in my face, the bottle still has some left but most of it is already gone (most of it mixed with lemon juise, fresh limes inside and tons of ice).

Take good care of yourselves and I really hope to see you sometime soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I could not think of a better experience or better hotel to have stayed at on Mykonos! The hotel Kouros is beautiful and in a perfect location. Every evening we saw the most amazing sunsets from either our private stone balcony, the pool, or from the terrace of the lobby. All were equally amazing spots to view the colors as the sun sunk into the sea. The attendant who picked us up from the airport in the complimentary airport shuttle was friendly and efficient. When we arrived the Kouros was very clean with beautiful decor, and everyone there was friendly and helpful. We felt like we had our own private villa the staff was so attentive. The pool bar served the most delicious fresh fruit drinks to sip at the table in the pool and the restaurant served delicious food as well. The location of the hotel was also perfect for us. We could easily walk into Mykonos town, yet were far enough away that we could relax in the beautiful surroundings of the Kouros. Alex, our super concierge/manager gave perfect advice to us regarding restaurants, beaches, nightlife, cars, and arranged it all. He was so available to our group that we wondered if he ever slept. We can't say thank you enough to Alex and the staff at Kouros for making our trip to Mykonos very memorable. Definitely the best hotel that we stayed in on our tour of Greece!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Returning customer, travelled with friends and found it was amazing. The hotel location is perfect and has the best panoramic views I have ever seen - stunning!
The hotel has a great spa, pool and restaurant, the staff are very friendly and recommended great activities and beaches to visit. This was the perfect get away from rainy London, and I highly recommend it to all. I'll be back again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Being a returning customer you made my job a lot easier since you know a lot and you do not really need me.

However it is a real treat for all of us at Kouros Hotel to see the dedication that our customers show to us. Always a pleasure to have you over at our hotel and thank you for spreading the word of mouth for Kouros to your friends.

Take good care!

Semeli Hotel
Semeli Hotel
#11 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel

Been to Kouros Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!