We had an enjoyable few nights at the Kouros.
The pros of the hotel for me were: walkable into town if you wanted to go out (taxis are non-existent to a brawl in high season); nice pool; and, helpful concierge.
The rooms are certainly more 3-4* and were outdated but clean. For example, we did not have a shower in our bathroom and had to do the old school hand shower over the head routine which sprays the whole of the bathroom. My guess is the rooms are 10-15 years since their last renovation.
The concierge (owner?) was certainly very helpful and went out of his way to be helpful and organise anything we wanted. Personally, I found Mykonos a bit of a nightmare on this front as we were not even in high season and taxis were difficult to get, restaurants and the hotel were reluctant to call them (on the basis it was pointless) so you could get stranded at a beach or in town at night.
The restaurant owner was lovely and very helpful. I actually found the breakfast buffet to be a bit disappointing. The food is prepared and just goes a bit stale (e.g. eggs) and there is no fresh hot food being prepared. During the day the menu is simple and has 5-6 items (too short), none of which were particularly memorable and if anything tried to over complicate things. The evening food is expensive but decent but again i would not rush back given the prices. The service was super friendly and helpful though.
Overall, I found the hotel to be nice but not good value for money. The location is good if you want to go to town in the evening but still have a nice pool and view for the days. My guess is the location is what the hotel lives off of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the seafront of Mykonos town, the Kouros Hotel & Suites offers you sophisticated accommodation and a wonderfully relaxing location with spectacular views over the old and new harbours. All rooms have private terraces with sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Bookgreece.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kouros Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kouros Hotel And Suites
- Kouros Hotel Mykonos Town
- Kouros Hotel & Suites Mykonos, Greece