“Fresh coat of paint, and yet a little worn”

Kouros Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
New York City
“Fresh coat of paint, and yet a little worn”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

When I first walked in, I was so impressed with how white the walls are and how gorgeous the view is. Once I made it to our room, I became increasingly disappointed. We got a Junior Suite, but there was absolutely nothing special about it. There was a good bed, but in the second room, there was what looked like a well-used pull out couch. That is definitely not something I consider luxury. I did not think getting the suite was worth it. If, however, you are looking to party in Mykonos, then I guess the spare bed would work. The entire room had a worn feel to it. The bathroom needed updating and was certainly NOT luxury. The marble floors looked many years old, the corners were all dark and dusty. The flat-screen TV was too far from the bed. We had looked into other cheaper rooms, but the TVs were awful! I am not looking to spend my vacation watching television, but the Olympics were on and we did not want to watch on a TV that looked lik it was left over from the late '80s. This place needs to upgrade its technology and its bathrooms ASAP. A nice white coat of paint won't hide that!

As for location, it is great. I like to walk, so the 10 minutes or so down a hill into town didn't bother me. The pool area is also very nice, but more than once we found that the hotel is generally understaffed. The people who worked there always seemed to be rushing and whenever we needed someone, it took a while. That is not a "luxury" hallmark.

Finally, we had the buffet breakfast each morning we were there and it was terrible. I can't begin to say how bad the eggs were. The choices were minimal and again, everything felt rushed.

In the end, I won't go back there, and do not recommend this place. It has a great view, location, and pool, but other than that, it is too expensive and way too average and worn to be considered luxury.

Room Tip: Junior Suite not worth it.
2 Thank LT1175
KourosHotelMykonos, Guest Relations Manager at Kouros Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Thank you for the feedback and the review you made for our hotel. Both are very important to us and are much appreciated because we always want to go further and to provide nothing but excellence to our customers. Allow me at this point to inform you that the hotel has been renovated just a year ago (with the exception of a few bathrooms that will be renovated this year) and let me assure you that the well - used couch you are referring to was part of that major renovation, it is a Paola Navone couch and it is supposed to look wrinkly and comfy. We are sorry that our breakfast buffet didn’t meet your expectations, it is something we are proud of and is known in Mykonos as legendary. I would have really hoped to know about that during your stay so I personally could check about that incident and provide you something that would meet your needs.
I strongly hope to see you again to our hotel in order to change your perception and make it to the one that the vast majority of our new and returning guests have, and that is an overall great stay.
Once again thank you very much for your time and your overall feedback.
Best Regards
Alex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Both my partner and I had an amazing time staying at the Kouros Hotel. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with a very nice welcome from all staff. I have to emphasise how professional and calm the staff were in every respect. Nothing was ever an issue and no stress showed on them and always with a smile and personal greeting. Privacy was given at all times and made our stay in the hotel very pleasant and felt like home. The room was beautiful with a spectacular ocean view and lovely ocean breeze. The room decorated simple but nice and the sheets were very nice to sleep in. Housekeeping both morning and evening kept rooms beautiful clean with fresh towels and sheets. The setting of the hotel was breath taking set high on the edge cliffs, with the most amazing sunsets you will ever see!! The manger of the hotel made lots of effort to greet guest and make them feel welcomed and made sure that we were happy and enjoying the stay! We were not big on buffet breakfast but I have to point out that this was the best buffet breakfast we have ever experienced. The produce was fresh daily and of high quality. We did not want to miss breakfast in the 8 days we stayed there. The pool setting provided a very relaxed and cool place to hang out with other guest or just simply enjoying time on your own with fantastic bar service and food. A very big mention to the Guest relations Alex...was exceptional and provided outstanding service. Nothing was an issue and Alex made sure that every request could be managed and delivered every time. Alex spent at least 5 days planning a spectacular surprise for my partners birthday and our 2nd year anniversary. He went out of his way to make sure that our day was very special. Alex organised an amazing boat called the RockStar. For over 10hours we anchored in a beautiful location and had an incredible day on the boat, finishing with a sunset dinner for 2. One more mention to the beautiful handmade jewellery by the very modest owner of the hotel. It was so nice to take home a special piece of jewel to remind us of our first amazing holiday together. To all the staff at Kouros Hotel...a very big thank you! we hope to come back another time.

Room Tip: Ocean view room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
KourosHotelMykonos, Guest Relations Manager at Kouros Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
So let me begin by saying how happy I am that I got to meet all 3 of you!!!!

The boat arrangements that needed to be made for you were by far the most adventurous ones but also the more fun of all times!!!! Keeping that as a secret and a total surprise was hard but I think that at the end the result was rewarding for everyone.

Thank you for being such good guests, it was a real pleasure having you guys over here and a real treat for me the fact that I got to meet you a bit better.

Remain always as happy and full of life as I saw you during your stay here.

Have an amazing time and I do expect to see you here for your big birthday celebration (the 20th that is, correct?)
:-)

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the end of July 2012... what a great place. The staff were so accomodating and friendly, and went out of their way for us time after time. The pool area has an amazing vibe and charm, the breakfast were fantastic. Overall we had a great experience- although they do need to improve their pool/ lunch menu. But aside from that i cannot fault it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your nice words and also for the overall review. Regarding the menu of the swimming pool area snack bar I would like to address that we want to prepare all the orders on demand with absolutely fresh ingredients. As a result we cannot have an excessive menu simply because also our snack bar is pretty much a la carte. However we will review the menus for next year and this will be addressed to the F&B department. Once again thank you for the positive feedback.

London
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The setting is really world class, perched on the cliffs above the sea - and the views from our room were jaw-droppingly good. The lobby is very cool, the pool area is excellent (although the music playing was often a little on the cheesy side), the staff were welcoming, and the breakfast was top notch. Our room was simply decorated, but very stylish. The only downside was the bathroom - the paint was peeling and there was no proper shower, only a handheld shower attachment. We mentioned to reception that we would like to move to a room with a proper shower, but sadly this was either forgotten or ignored. Overall, it's a great hotel, but at 330 euros a night, I would have expected a little more...

1 Thank Doctordickieday
Thank you for the review and your comments, we really appreciated them because it is the way to become better and better constantly. Most of our rooms have bath tubs and jacuzzi tubs. As a result the shower options are limited and for the period of your stay there was absolutely no availability of another room with a shower. Take good care and once again thank you for the positive feedback.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We had an excellent stay in the hotel Kouros. The hotel is located close to the center of mykonos and has an amazing panoramic view of the seaside. Excellent Hospitality of friendly personnel, 24hrs room service ( cleanliness), modern decorated rooms, nice pool area, great Breakfast. I really recommend the hotel for your future stays!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Sukran Iktir!!!!!!

Your review and comments really mean a lot to all of us here at Kouros!!

It was for me personally a real pleasure getting to know you and I really hope to see you sometime soon again.

Take good care and always nothing but the best.

Best Regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The Kouros hotel completely exceeded my expectations.
Every aspect of the staff was beyond amazing. They are attentive, friendly and charming.
From the pool area you can watch the sunset, which is stunning. The rooms are nicely decorated, very modern and in my opinion the simplicity of the decor is what makes it beautiful.
The breakfast offered a big variety of different dishes and was totally pleasing.
To be quite honest there is not one negative thing that I could point out besides the fact that my holiday was way too short. I could have easily spent another week at this peaceful and relaxing hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
As you correctly mentioned, I hope that next time we will be able to change the one thing you did not like about your last stay at Kouros hotel, the duration of your stay!!!!

I hope to see you soon again at our hotel for at least a week full of nice and relaxing time!

Take good care!

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This is the perfect hotel whatever the occassion it is your travelling to Mykonos for. out of many options Kouros stands out on your search engines. From the moment you step foot into the hotel, the hospitality especially ALEX who really made our stay wonderful, the cleanliness, quality, the view, modernity all are ranked top at this hotel. Staff are very friendly, pool is great, rooms are spacious ( junior suites *****). the hotel's location is great and not in the central busy district, it takes you about 7 minutes to drive to the old town,port where all the events take place. we rented a buggy and the road is so simple back and forth.

This is my 4th hotel that i stay in at Mykonos, and will definitely come back to Kouros as it was the best experience of all.

Thank you Alex & Kouros for an amazing trip, we will be back and always recommend Kouros!

Diana
Doha Qatar

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Allow me to begin by a big thank you for your gift after your departure from our hotel.

It was greatly appreciated and enjoyed!!!!

As for your review and your comments I am glad to see that your stay at Louros was what you have expected and maybe even a bit more.

It was a real pleasure knowing you both....

Take good care!!!

#1 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Nissaki Boutique Hotel
Nissaki Boutique Hotel
#2 of 26 in Platys Gialos

Been to Kouros Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!