When I first walked in, I was so impressed with how white the walls are and how gorgeous the view is. Once I made it to our room, I became increasingly disappointed. We got a Junior Suite, but there was absolutely nothing special about it. There was a good bed, but in the second room, there was what looked like a well-used pull out couch. That is definitely not something I consider luxury. I did not think getting the suite was worth it. If, however, you are looking to party in Mykonos, then I guess the spare bed would work. The entire room had a worn feel to it. The bathroom needed updating and was certainly NOT luxury. The marble floors looked many years old, the corners were all dark and dusty. The flat-screen TV was too far from the bed. We had looked into other cheaper rooms, but the TVs were awful! I am not looking to spend my vacation watching television, but the Olympics were on and we did not want to watch on a TV that looked lik it was left over from the late '80s. This place needs to upgrade its technology and its bathrooms ASAP. A nice white coat of paint won't hide that!
As for location, it is great. I like to walk, so the 10 minutes or so down a hill into town didn't bother me. The pool area is also very nice, but more than once we found that the hotel is generally understaffed. The people who worked there always seemed to be rushing and whenever we needed someone, it took a while. That is not a "luxury" hallmark.
Finally, we had the buffet breakfast each morning we were there and it was terrible. I can't begin to say how bad the eggs were. The choices were minimal and again, everything felt rushed.
In the end, I won't go back there, and do not recommend this place. It has a great view, location, and pool, but other than that, it is too expensive and way too average and worn to be considered luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the seafront of Mykonos town, the Kouros Hotel & Suites offers you sophisticated accommodation and a wonderfully relaxing location with spectacular views over the old and new harbours. All rooms have private terraces with sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Kouros Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kouros Hotel And Suites
- Kouros Hotel Mykonos Town
- Kouros Hotel & Suites Mykonos, Greece