“Nice, Simple Room in Great Location”
Review of Hotel Carbonaki

Hotel Carbonaki
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Carbonaki for one night before we left Mykonos. The location is excellent--a short walk with your bags down from the main road, and another short walk to reach any location in Mykonos town (the harbor, bus stop, Little Venice and tons of bars and restaurants).

Our room (#127) was small and simple, but clean. The bath had nice design elements--attractive tile and a rain shower. The common outdoor space and whirlpool added to our enjoyment of the hotel. If you reserve online, be sure to specify if you want two twin beds or to have the beds made up as a double.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I booked this hotel as our second stop on our honeymoon and we adored this boutique hotel with a great location in Mykonos. The staff are incredibly friendly and offered to pick us up from the port when we arrived. Our room was clean, and had a lovely private balcony that looked into Mykonos town. No water views, but the location really can't be beat. Like everything in Mykonos town, its a little challenging to find without proper guidance but this hotel is really well situated in close walking distance to the old port and close enough to walk to the night life, but far enough away that we weren't kept awake by music at all hours of the night. We would absolutely stay here again if given the opportunity!

Room Tip: 131 - Has an amazing private balcony with a table..perfect for breakfast in the room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The last time I stayed at this hotel I was a teenager fresh out of high school. This was 1983. I have fond memories of my 2 nights at the Carbonaki staying with a family from Athens. Fast forward to 2014 and my third trip to Mykonos I decided to stay there again. It was a good decision. Aside from the nice memories staying there this time evoked. It still is as charming and delightful as it was then and it is still owned by the same family who set it up nearly 50 years ago. The location is great; being in town, but off the main street. Both the owners and their staff were very helpful and welcoming. I would stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights last week. We loved our rooms (great beds!) and the pool and outdoor space. Family was very accomodating and helpful. Hotel does get noisy at night due to the pool area being open at all hours, and the part of town can get a bit loud, but Mykonos is known for it's crazy nights!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the pool and street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank robynw10
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Enjoyed my stay at Carbonaki, very hard to leave! Great service (almost felt like family) and incredibly friendly staff, best location one can find in Mykonos. Rooms was great and clean at all times. I definite recommendation, I will be staying there again :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our second stay at the Carbonaki. This is a really nice hotel in the Center of Mykonos. There is a big spa which we used a lot. There are lots of outdoor spots to sit and talk with friends. The great thing is that it is quiet even though it is located close to all the activites.

We will return to this hotel on our next trip to Mykonos. We always enjoy our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Nice location, clean rooms. Rooms are very small and shower has no pressure. Spa in the photo is also always occupied by pigeons. Overall if you are just looking for a clean hotel in the city centre to sleep in this is a good choice. Staff are quite helpful.

Stayed: June 2014