“A very special place”

Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Hereford, United Kingdom
“A very special place”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was my first visit to The Andronikos Hotel and I was firmly guided by the reviews that were written on trip advisor, and the reviews certainly lived up to all expectations. From the minute you arrive you are greeted by warm and affectionate staff whose first words are always "welcome".It's a lovely hotel and nothing is too much trouble for staff. Initially staying in a room over looking the garden we moved to an apartment over looking Mykonos Town and the sea.

The hotel is situated on a hill so there is a 15 minute walk into the town. While the reverse is the case in Mykonos, the roads are lovely but the pavements are full of pot holes. Its down hill all the way and up hill back. So you are warned and hope not to see any complaints from anyone regarding this matter. Its a short cheap taxi ride back.

It would be lovely to name every staff member for credit but they are all excellent and rating one against another does not help. I have to say a comment made about Christos was most unfair. He was such a kind, considerate gentleman.

Breakfast was good. A cooked breakfast is available on request. Remember you are in Greece. English breakfasts are not quite the same as you have in the UK. There was endless coffee or tea if you wanted it.

You need to be very aware that Mykonos is not a cheap destination. Its expensive. Drinks are expensive. Meals are expensive. Wine is expensive. The quality of food however was some of the best that I have eaten for a very long time. It wouldn't help recommending a restaurant as there are so many. Just drift around the town and get lost while quietly reviewing the menus on offer and then decide.

After all this you receive another warm welcome back at the hotel where you can spend the evening enjoying a drink by the pool quietly chatting to other guests or alone if you wish. Either way you will made comfortable by the staff team who mingle with you to make sure is all as it should be.

I would have no hesitation making The Andronikos the hotel of choice not if, when, I return to Mykonos again in the future

Room Tip: Splash out a little more an get an apartment at the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlanRiley54321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had the best time in this hotel!The staff is amassing and so helpful.Always trying to help and we got the best advises about restaurants beaches and Mykonian lifestyle in general.Thank you you are all great.The hotel is in a good location always clean and the atmosphere is fantastic.I am coming back next year for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed at Andronikos per my sister's suggestion and were not disappointed. The hotel is very trendy, we were greeted by friendly staff and served welcome drinks. It's a good location, very close to Mykonos town, with plenty of parking for quads/cars. The pool was really nice with plenty of comfortable lounge chairs. The front desk staff was very helpful - for a large hotel I was impressed with the personal level of service we received! We also ate at the hotel's restaurant Lady Finger one night which was a fun, unique dining experience, different from anything else we experienced on the Greek islands. Overall was very happy with our stay!

London
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Andronikos hotel is located some 15min from the port and probably 10min away from the airport and they kindly waited in the port for my delayed arrival from Naxos, being charged each time only 5 euros for transportation via their shuttle bus.

The hotel is located on the hills above Mykonos town and has a strategic position with views to the sea in the distance but I would not recommend to attempt walking all the way to Mykonos town as not only is too far for that but could be quite dangerous. A taxi though would cost you only 5-7 euros which the reception can organise for you and they do not seem to have the greedy attitude of taxi drivers in Santorini for example.

I booked the superior room, however as I arrived sick because the sea motion then the car motion they whisked me to the Oyster room which looked amazing offering to call a doctor at the same time. When feeling better I realised, I could not see the sea but could hear the noises of the guys near the swimming pool so straight away the reception upgraded me to the massive suite located on the top floor with it’s massive balcony, 2 well appointed bathrooms (one with Jacuzzi bath), a very large and swish living room, plus the enormous bedroom with huge TV screen and gorgeous bed with such good quality bed linen!!!! I was most definitely impressed and I briefly concluded I should have stayed longer in Mykonos. My back started to hurt after walking so much bare feet in different hotels in the Cyclades, so their sleepers were a divine welcome, plus the very thick bath gowns were simply gorgeous (although I managed to get one with no belt). Also their citrus toiletries have a designer quality as they last so long on your skin!!!!!!

The owner really went to town with appointing original art work in the area around the swimming pool and in the breakfast area which served a variety of breakfast choices you would find in any top 5 Star hotel. The receptionists were all friendly and helpful and even the owner came upon my departure to wish me a nice flight: ‘wow, you do not get this nice attitude in London’ I quickly thought to myself.

Tips:
- just like most of the hotels in the Cyclades, they get to close this hotel for the 6 winter months, although it could be so romantic to wander the streets of Mykonos if they weren’t to close the shops too. I would certainly do it and play with the cats you find in every street as if they are mascot of a certain place. Mykonos airport has a young black cat!!!!!
- if Jason Bourne went to Mykonos to find his girlfriend, you can too: the Mills located near the sea are indeed very beautiful and the Little Venice nearby is most romantic. There aren’t many museums in Mykonos town but you should see the amazing Maritime Museum and next to it Lena’s house or simply wander the myriad of streets where you can easily get lost if you are not good with direction and eat at very cheap but cute restaurants, buy art work which you can find cheaper in some ‘hidden’ places, or discover amazing and very fattening cake shops were locals are very happy that you made the effort to speak their language.
- as the touristic Mykonos town is pedestrianised, you can only take a taxi back from the port or Fabric square where the Bus Station is, and the prices on display seem to be very cheap, if you need to be taken to a location further away.

My last night in the Cyclades had some amazing fireworks at a location not far from the hotel: I guess they did it to subjugate me completely and make me come back again. I guess I have to start looking for return trips!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book your room well in advance.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 8 October 2013

First time in Mykonos and Andrinoks Hotel and we would definitely return!!! From the start of our holiday we were greeted with a smile and very friendly service. Taken through for a tour and given a complimentary drink whilst we sat by the pool on very comfortable seats... The staff made us feel at home and catered to our every need. The bar is a lovely place to drink, relax and socialize.
I would definitely return!! 5 stars! :)

Room Tip: Executive room with sea view!! (cocoon room!)
cheshire1
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Let's just get one thing out of the way first of all. Mykonos isn't cheap and neither is the accommodation. If you are expecting a budget holiday then choose another island!

The staff here are fantastic- it made the difference when choosing the hotel. Last time we met loads of people at the hotel- this time we didn't but we chatted to the staff for hours!

Our friends had room 102 last time (a superior double) with a great terrace and view. They remembered at the hotel that we liked his room and although it wasn't available the first night we moved into it on the second. Great service. The UK could learn a lot!

If you don't like walking or exercise the hotel is a 10-15 minute walk into town but the hill is steep and there is no pavement. It didn't bother us and we never had a taxi - but it will be an issue for some. We wouldn't advise wearing black at night if you walk either- its isn't a VERY busy road but it leads to the bus station and is quite narrow. If you are sensible you should have no problems.....

We didn't use the bar much not that there was anything wrong with it- the staff were just too good! we could spend a fortune and would be too drunk to head into town!

we will be going again next year once, maybe twice as despite looking we haven't found anything quite so good

Room Tip: Some rooms near the pool bar are noisy if you want a quiet room ask!
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The staff was amazingly awesome and sweet. the girl in the reception (Beautiful Georgina) noticed that I have a birthday the next day so except congratulate me and giving me a hug :) THEY MADE ME A CAKE ! without my boyfriend asking or something... it was the sweetest surprise ever! other then that - they've been so helpful with everything from car/quad rental and places to eat and such... we LOVED Andronikos and definitely come back!!!
BTW - THE HOTEL IS SUPER GAY-FRIENDLY and most of the guest were gay when we were there...
know that its not and easy walk from the old town to the hotel (going up) so you need to come down with your car but that's cool, and everybody is doing that because most of the hotels are on the top of the hill

Room Tip: the rooms on the second floor are better (what we had) you have sea and pool view. we stayed in 305...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
#8 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel

Been to Andronikos Hotel Mykonos? Share your experiences!