“A five star Boutique Hotel In Mykonos”
Review of Andronikos Hotel

Andronikos Hotel
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Athens, Greece
“A five star Boutique Hotel In Mykonos”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We spend five days during May this Year. The Hotel offers a unique relaxing atmosphere.
Cocoon rooms provide an amazing positive energy. Extremely elegant with sophisticated controllable lightning and an awesome bathroom.
Professional and friendly stuff , always been genuine polite. Enjoyed really nice music in the Pool Bar and exploding cocktails as well. The spa was another pleasant surprise!!
An amazing Breakfast with lots of traditional goodies.
The food is exceptional with different type of special dishes.
Strongly recommended !!!

Room Tip: Cocoon is a must!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just returned from Mykonos after a long weekend planning our wedding. This is our second stay at the Andronikos and can’t wait to return in September and also next year with all our family and friends!

The hotel is in a perfect location (ten min walk from town), clean, beautiful decor and facilities are at a very high standard. The Cocoon room is amazing so i would recommend staying here! I have also experienced the standard rooms and they also are lovely.
Breakfast is both hot and cold and is a menu service - it is fresh and cooked upon request which i loved! Pool food also incredible.

Yes the hotel etc is great but what really makes the Andronikos special is the Team they have here! They have made our stay so welcoming and we have made some great friends here for years to come! I would like to especially say a great big thank you to:

Maaike and Georgina who are on the reception - Lovely girls and so helpful! In fact Maaike's Mother will be conducting our ceremony!

Christos the manager, kindly upgraded my in laws to one of the best rooms in the hotel to celebrate the special occasion. I've never seen my father in law smile so much!
Christos has made our stay so welcoming and helped so much with our wedding plans next year. All our guests are very excited.

Loukas the Bartender - Possibly the best cocktails i have ever had! Forget the cocktail menu, Loukas always has something special up his sleeve!

All the bar/pool staff, everyone is so friendly and welcoming.

Please make sure you try the Lady Finger - The food is beautiful and the setting is very romantic over the pool.

I could go on forever about the andronikos, and we have travelled many places worldwide. This is honestly the only hotel i would return to year after year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisAshley982
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Because of my job,I travel a lot,and I have stayed in many hotels around the world.Not once in my life have I met such staff,always smiling and always trying to make my stay at Andronikos an unforgettable experience.I literally felt like home. One of my favorite things at the Andronikos was the breakfast buffet! (I'd set my alarm even though I was on vacation !!)
The poolside bar is where I spent most of my time,since the atmosphere was exactly what I wanted for my peace of mind during my stay at the wonderful island of Mykonos.Great music,great cuisine at the hotel's restaurant,great people.

CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK IN 2014 !
LOVE YOU ANDRONIKOS! XX

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Robert M
Yorkshire UK
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed for 10 nights September 2013. Service is excellent, the team are incredibly helpful. Location is good for Mykonos Town and beaches, it's 10/15 min to walk to town, a cab back from fabrica square inexpensive after an evening in one of the many fine restaurants. Hotel grounds, pool, bar all very good. Breakfast fresh and plentiful. We stayed in a superior room and we were kindly upgraded for our last two nights to sea view suite on the front of the hotel both were very good.

Definitely recommend

Room Tip: suites have a great view and terrace - they are on the roadside of the hotel however no road noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KJPG
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel in the late summer and it was the end of the high season, but still very busy. We were to be picked up at the port, pre-paid, but our boat was delayed due to windy weather (very common around these islands). The driver was nowhere to be seen. We searched around the port several times, but everyone seemed to be there but him. He arrived in the end. Our boat was two hours late, but they knew which boat we were on and they should be more updated on the arrival of the boats. We were a large group of guests all on the same boat.
Okay, but that's a minor thing, just a bad start!
We were taken to the hotel and straight down to the pool for a drink. The staff were trying to be friendly and it is the most engaging staff I've come across even though it felt a little fake and not whole-hearted. Also the staff obviously found favorites among the guests, which I think a bit was uncomfortable for the rest of the guests. I think we ended up somewhere in the middle, as we did joke around with a few of the employees, but did not work hard for them to like us.

The breakfast room is quite small and intimate. Nothing luxurious about it. The food was pretty good though. Lots of variety and lots of treats. They even have sparkling wine, but whether it was available or not was always unpredictable. Some guests would take half the bottle and when empty the bottle was never replaced.

The pool area is pleasant with a nice pool (I think it was sun-heated salt water and not chlorine). There were almost always sun chairs available, but the beds were always taken early in the morning. They had a music mix of pop and club hits, and the atmosphere was quite relaxing but still lively by the bar. Sometimes they would take order around the pool.
The food at the pool bar was usually quite good, even though it was a bit pricey. The drinks were really tasty! The strawberry mojito is divine.

My big issue with this hotel are the rooms. We were on a honeymoon and given a lousy room on the ground floor. They did offer us a bottle of chilled wine which was nice, but a bottle worth 10 euro is a small price to pay when the room cost 150 euro. We had even paid extra for a sea- or pool view, but the pool was only barely visible when standing on the outside porch. There were no windows in the room, only the glass doors leading out on the terrace. Being on the ground floor having them open at night was no option, so we had to sleep in total darkness with no chance of fresh air coming in. Claustrophobic! Also we had no privacy as it was a path leading to other building right outside our room, so we would have to have the terrace door shut at most times. The whole room smelled moldy and musty, and there were also signs of mold in the bathroom. The bed was quite uncomfortable too.
Positive comments on the room; a cool chair (Eames-inspired) and Korres bath essential. And at a glance the bathroom looked nice! As you may understand I was very disappointed with the room! I even cried. It was nothing like the photos at all! In the end we decided to complain. I rarely make a complaint, but it was our honeymoon after all! After a few days we were given a new room. This time it was so much better. We had two balconies, still limited view of the pool, but better. The room felt lighter and fresher, and much more pleasant than the grotto.
They did promise us a suite or cocoon, but in the end we realize we were given a regular room, but we decided to leave it at that.

We basically chose the hotel based on location. We wanted to be close to Mykonos town. The hotel is placed on top of a hill, 15-20 min walk to town. The road is busy and narrow. Not a problem but there are so many reckless drivers influenced by alcohol so it is quite dangerous. You have to be alert. We did rent a vehicle for a few days, but gave it up as locals would steal our gas when we were around in town.

The hotel might not be the most expensive on the island, but it is very pricey. I have stayed at far better hotels at a lower price. But this is Mykonos. Very expensive island!
Unfortunately we left at a partly bad note as one of the bartenders accused us of not paying for a lunch. Due to the room switch we had two tabs to pay, and the lunch was charged twice - once on each room. We refused to pay double naturally and the hotel manager called for the bartender in charge that day. We were basically arguing and we got the feeling he did not believe us. Which is uncomfortable. But shame on him.

To sum up; it is quite a nice hotel - IF you're lucky to get a decent room. Close to town. Nice pool. Good breakfast and lunch. Lively staff (if hanging out with the staff is your thing).
But be aware, you might end up in the grotto (or worse.. as we did on the very last day.. in a really old, small room with no functioning door!). I'm sorry it ended this way. The good does not outdo the poor I'm afraid.

Room Tip: You never know what room you're gonna get, but be aware there are HUGE differences.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank glamourprincess
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My partner and I have visited the Andronikos 3 times now and will definately go back this year ! It is rare to find such a welcoming fun hotel with such amazing staff. The service is amazing the staff so friendly and always willing to help what ever the request. The location is stunning and the hotel delivers on the boutique style, it is just a short walk into the town where the restaurants and bars serve the best food for miles. A must stay.

Room Tip: The suite rooms are lovely
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jarbie
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last summer and had a wonderful time.

The hotel service, facilities, bar, breakfast and staff are great. A walkable distance from the town centre up quite a steep hill.

A lovely island perfect to explore, even in a few days.

I would recommend and return, but one piece of advice... try and swerve the pervy owner creeping around the pool, if you're there with your girlfriend!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
#2 of 25 in Platys Gialos

Been to Andronikos Hotel? Share your experiences!