“Best Hotel on Mykonos” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Best
“Best Hotel on Mykonos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

This Hotel, its staff and management made our stay a big pleasure.
We can safely say booking this hotel wont dissappoint you, and you'll have a wonderful time, in your room,restaurant in and around the pool.

1 Thank Rolwil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

We stayed here for 5 days and had a wonderful experience. The room, the terrace with a view of the sea, the gorgeous pool...all were wonderful...and the hotel's staff is exceptional! A very hip place!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MiamiDalmata
Erpe-Mere, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

We went to Andronikos for a week. We used the reviews on tripadvisor. First of all, we just loved the staff. They are very competent and made our stay so much more enjoyable. The bartender Kostas made the best cocktails. For every problem they had a quick and good solution, just ask for Gorgios at the main desk, he always had good advice. The rooms are very nice (we were in a superior room). Afther the first night we noticed that our jacuzzi didn't work. A day later we where upgraded without charge to a suite. This rooms where very good. People who complain about high charges should keep in mind that Mykonos is the most expensive island in Greece. So everything you do on Mykonos is expensive. Andronikos has the same money value as most hotels on Mykonos. Excellent service that you have to pay for. All of the staff that I spoke to, spoke good English.
If you have the change go to the restaurant. It is very good but has a limited menu. We will definitely go again!

1 Thank Johan_Sch85
Athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

Just got back from a beautiful weekend in Mykonos. The Hotel was wonderful and the staff did everything they could to help us have a great time. I have to be honest, if I hadn’t been to many other Hotels on the island, I would say that everything was perfect. But having stayed at Bill & Coo, Apsenti Boutique Hotel, St John’s Hotel, Royal Mykonian, Santa Marina to name a few I can definitely say that Andronikos Hotel needs to do much much more to rise to the standards of these hotels.
Don’t get me wrong, I found it to be wonderful for the price tag I paid 130 euros (approximately), and I was given a room over the pool. But I am writing here for all of you who are planning to go to Mykonos and probably would have to pay 255 or even 325!!! euro, which is the price I was given from the Hotel’s manager for the period after 15 of July. The most funny part is that this price does not include room service for the breakfast (12 euros each on top, per person!!!) and it is served with hot coffee!!! Ridiculous that we had to pay more to get a decent cold coffee (Freddo). They didn't even had a welcome drink!!! What kind of 4 star hotel in Mykonos does that? Apsenti and St John to give and example gave us a wine bottle to take with us.
In terms of the room it was ok but just ok nothing too extreme (all the others mentioned above have a higher standard of decoration e.g. Flat Tv, Dvd some even have theme rooms like Apsenti). Also the location is not perfect and it is not within walking distance (same distance from town as Megali Ammos but the road is uphill. Also the parking space is very small and very dangerous to enter as it is on the turning point of the main road!) We lost the entrance a couple of times cause it was so narrow.
To make a long story sort, if you find this nice hotel at a reasonable price (up to 150 euros) definitely go there and enjoy some wonderful cocktails by the pool (could be cheaper at 13 euros) and get a room above the pool to be able to relax to the wonderful soundtrack from the bar. I have to say that for this I could go back to this hotel.
Maybe I sounded a bit harsh but overall these reviews should be all about saying the bare truth and share experiences. Would be nice to hear some more critics comparing hotels from personal experiences and not say that this hotel is wonderful (any other hotels around the same price?). And in my opinion more Greeks should take some time to write a review and not expect everything from foreign travellers who do a great job and I personally thank them for making the Hotel owners feel threatened by reviews.
I could go on comparing what I could get for 325euros per day all around the globe but I think you are all aware of that. Have a wonderful summer time...do visit Solymar at Kalo Livadi for a drink and go to Agrari Beach for Jet Ski...Mykonos is just wonderful.

1 Thank Auragr
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

The Andronikos hotel exceeded the expectations I had after having consulted their website. They really rate excellent in every single way. The staff are openminded, charming en smiley people who understood the art of treating their guests on a professional and yet warm and personal way. Before your needs become concrete, they already answered it.
The kitchen is delicious, the rich breakfast buffet is a pleasure to start your day with, having the possibility to savour the various homemade delicacies of the Greek kitchen.
My standard room was stylish, very clean and well kept with a personal little terras, located in the garden.
I needed a few days off to relax and escape from the stress & every day routine and to get positive energy and I did.
If you are looking for more than the average go for it, you will not only get "a room with a view" they offer you a complete lifestyle. Sit back & relax, that's what Andronikos is really about. Enjoy, you definitely won't regret!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

Great hotel, with great service and the location is very convinient. The room was very nice, with a very clean and modern bathroom, the only bad was the door of our room which was very noisy. Moreover the restaurant of the hotel is very good and the food is excelent!

I would definitely recommend Andronikos

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
ATHENS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2009

It is one of the coolest and trendiest hotels I’ve ever been (check out the Belvedere and Cavo Tagoo also.)
We stayed in a large superior room over the pool area with a beautiful secluded balcony. The bed and the lounge sofa were very comfortable, We had a large LCD tv with many channels, cd player and Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom and that bathroom was very spacious and really modern. We slept quite many times on our sofa in the balcony while listening to soft jazzy music from the bar, that was amazing.!
We loved the pool area vibe with its lounge cool atmosphere and very chic surroundings, most people were hanging by the bar or relaxing on the sunbeds.
The music was a kind of dance electro in the morning till the evening and then turned out to be a little jazzy lounge, made us stay all day long.!
We met quite many clients of the hotel and we ended up going all together out to the clubs. There was a family atmosphere and good energy at the hotel, I spent long time there and I met two more couples from the States at the same age as me and my girlfriend.
The staff was very friendly and discreet, they already knew my favorite drink by the third day of my stay.!
Food was excellent, I tried it twice at lunch and was really delicious with mainly Mediterranean dishes.
What we really enjoyed was that relaxing feeling you get when you are allowed to eat and socialize anywhere, on the cool pool beds or even on your sunbed.
It’s not a formal hotel but rather progressive for younger people and couples, it’s not for sure a place for retired people or older couples.!
Akis always thrilled us with his cocktails, yes you can have the best mojito on the island (I noticed a couple more guys to mention it) while Anka came to me with always a big smile.! Alice at the reception is very sweet and helpful, We had to change our flights and she did it right away, I didn’t have to raise my finger.!
Lefteris is a great guy, he took us to Psarou beach twice when there was no taxi around and Christos always greeted us with a big smile whenever I was around.
These people made us feel at home, yes I guess they know how to treat customers in the best way.
Mykonos is the place to be, we had fun everywhere anytime (try Psarou beach, Paraga and Kalo Livadi beach) and that made it so special, Andronikos is definitely my hotel when I return to Mykonos.
Andronikos See you soon.!!!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,052 reviews
Hermes Mykonos Hotel
Hermes Mykonos Hotel
#12 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Andronikos Hotel? Share your experiences!