“superb, outstanding this is not a 10 but 11”

Andronikos Hotel Mykonos
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
gent
“superb, outstanding this is not a 10 but 11”
Reviewed 21 June 2009

Hi marcos,
I want to thank you for the incredible service that you and your staff gave us, this holiday was one of the most relaxing i ever had . I also want to give your coocking team a hi five for the unusually and tremendis breakfast that they gave us every morning (excisite food).
I surtenly will recomend your hotel (allready informed some people whom unfortinatly allready booked a hotel in myconos) but i am sure that they will pay your hotel a visit during their stay on your wonderfull island.hope you will meet them with the same curtisy as you gave us. last but not least i want to thank your staff aspecially elena, christos jena and also lefteris who offered us his service whenever we needed him to ge downtown.

PS: about the watertreatingsystem I am allready looking into it and will give you notice as soon i have more information.

Thanks again and if god is willing hope to stay in your hotel next year.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
athens
Reviewed 20 June 2009

ti allo theloume stis diakopes mas....ta sunduazei ola !!!!!
sas agapw olous gia tin apsogi exipiretisi tin iremia ti diaskesi to filiko perivallon....kai ola auta pou sunduazei to xenodoxeio sas....!!!!

special thanks sto proswpiko sas elena, xristo !!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank parisaki
Greenwich, CT
Reviewed 15 June 2009

We had an amazing time at this hotel. The staff was happy and very helpful; the room was clean and delightful, the breakfast was very tasty, they have great drinks at the bar (classic mimosa was delicious) and the sea water pool was nothing less than paradise. Yes, there is a short walk to town but we never had a problem with it - it's very short and, cabs are inexpensive if you can't do the walk. You never really want to leave the hotel anyway - it's such great place to say.

Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lgilman_9
Best
Reviewed 15 June 2009

This Hotel, its staff and management made our stay a big pleasure.
We can safely say booking this hotel wont dissappoint you, and you'll have a wonderful time, in your room,restaurant in and around the pool.

1 Thank Rolwil
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2009

We stayed here for 5 days and had a wonderful experience. The room, the terrace with a view of the sea, the gorgeous pool...all were wonderful...and the hotel's staff is exceptional! A very hip place!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MiamiDalmata
Erpe-Mere, Belgium
Reviewed 11 June 2009

We went to Andronikos for a week. We used the reviews on tripadvisor. First of all, we just loved the staff. They are very competent and made our stay so much more enjoyable. The bartender Kostas made the best cocktails. For every problem they had a quick and good solution, just ask for Gorgios at the main desk, he always had good advice. The rooms are very nice (we were in a superior room). Afther the first night we noticed that our jacuzzi didn't work. A day later we where upgraded without charge to a suite. This rooms where very good. People who complain about high charges should keep in mind that Mykonos is the most expensive island in Greece. So everything you do on Mykonos is expensive. Andronikos has the same money value as most hotels on Mykonos. Excellent service that you have to pay for. All of the staff that I spoke to, spoke good English.
If you have the change go to the restaurant. It is very good but has a limited menu. We will definitely go again!

1 Thank Johan_Sch85
Athens
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Just got back from a beautiful weekend in Mykonos. The Hotel was wonderful and the staff did everything they could to help us have a great time. I have to be honest, if I hadn’t been to many other Hotels on the island, I would say that everything was perfect. But having stayed at Bill & Coo, Apsenti Boutique Hotel, St John’s Hotel, Royal Mykonian, Santa Marina to name a few I can definitely say that Andronikos Hotel needs to do much much more to rise to the standards of these hotels.
Don’t get me wrong, I found it to be wonderful for the price tag I paid 130 euros (approximately), and I was given a room over the pool. But I am writing here for all of you who are planning to go to Mykonos and probably would have to pay 255 or even 325!!! euro, which is the price I was given from the Hotel’s manager for the period after 15 of July. The most funny part is that this price does not include room service for the breakfast (12 euros each on top, per person!!!) and it is served with hot coffee!!! Ridiculous that we had to pay more to get a decent cold coffee (Freddo). They didn't even had a welcome drink!!! What kind of 4 star hotel in Mykonos does that? Apsenti and St John to give and example gave us a wine bottle to take with us.
In terms of the room it was ok but just ok nothing too extreme (all the others mentioned above have a higher standard of decoration e.g. Flat Tv, Dvd some even have theme rooms like Apsenti). Also the location is not perfect and it is not within walking distance (same distance from town as Megali Ammos but the road is uphill. Also the parking space is very small and very dangerous to enter as it is on the turning point of the main road!) We lost the entrance a couple of times cause it was so narrow.
To make a long story sort, if you find this nice hotel at a reasonable price (up to 150 euros) definitely go there and enjoy some wonderful cocktails by the pool (could be cheaper at 13 euros) and get a room above the pool to be able to relax to the wonderful soundtrack from the bar. I have to say that for this I could go back to this hotel.
Maybe I sounded a bit harsh but overall these reviews should be all about saying the bare truth and share experiences. Would be nice to hear some more critics comparing hotels from personal experiences and not say that this hotel is wonderful (any other hotels around the same price?). And in my opinion more Greeks should take some time to write a review and not expect everything from foreign travellers who do a great job and I personally thank them for making the Hotel owners feel threatened by reviews.
I could go on comparing what I could get for 325euros per day all around the globe but I think you are all aware of that. Have a wonderful summer time...do visit Solymar at Kalo Livadi for a drink and go to Agrari Beach for Jet Ski...Mykonos is just wonderful.

1 Thank Auragr
#12 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
#5 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Andronikos Hotel Mykonos? Share your experiences!