“Amazing...stop searching and book this hotel now!!!”
Review of Andronikos Hotel

Andronikos Hotel
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Dallas, TX
“Amazing...stop searching and book this hotel now!!!”
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Do yourself a favor and stay at this wonderful hotel. Markos and his team have created the ultimate vacation spot. My partner and I wanted and got the perfect hotel which met all of our criteria:

1) Good location (close to Mykonos town): You can walk to the center of town where all the bars and restaurants are in less than 15 minutes. The walk is nice because you can see the entire town, the harbor, etc. since you approach town from the top of a hill where the hotel sits. Also, a nice perk is that all of the buses heading to the best beaches (Paradise, Super Paradise, etc.) make their first stop (after leaving the center of town) right near the hotel. So, you can catch the bus near the hotel without having to walk all the way to town!

2) Great pool: The swimming pool and outdoor lounge/bar are amazing. So beautiful and so relaxed. What I loved most is the 4-poster beds that surround the pool (in addition to the comfortable lounge chairs). When was the last time you hung out in a bed around a pool? So cool...

3) Awesome music: Markos and his team have put together incredible, hours-long music mixes that make you happy, relaxed, and craving more. And, you can make requests which is really nice.

4) Incredible service: Cristos manages the bar/restaurant/pool experience. Very nice and very helpful! Petros, Deyan, and Galina are incredible servers. So fun, so nice, and so attentive. Always smiling and always friendly...they, alone, make the hotel worth the stay! The bartenders (Babis and Kostas) are fantastic. Try one of Babis’ mojitos…worth every cent! Luigi is the cook in the kitchen…the food is great. I highly recommend that you eat one of your dinners at night in the hotel. Such good food! Alice, Giorgos, and Miltos make the check-in experience smooth and fast…and, they provide the best suggestions on where to eat and what to do. They made our dinner reservations every night and got us the best tables in town. Be sure to listen to their advice…every restaurant they recommended was really worth it. Alice, thank you for the advice on where to watch the sunset in Little Venice. That balcony view was really amazing! Finally, the other staff rounded out our experience: Cristos and Sam in the day spa (what a great massage we got…I highly recommend the sports massage with Cristos if you like deep tissue or the aromatherapy message with Sam if you like it more gentle).

5) Spacious room: We got the superior room near the swimming pool. Beautiful artwork in the room and a spacious living area. I would suggest to Markos that the beds be upgraded so that they are softer. That would make the hotel even better. For the price of the hotel, I would expect more upscale bedding and linens (like a Four Seasons, etc.).

6) Good fitness center: We like to work out, and this fitness center was nice enough. It has several weight machines and a couple of stationary bike machines. I would suggest that Markos add a free weight section as well as more cardio machines.

All in all, this hotel is among my favorite in the world. It is filled with people from all over the world both straight and gay, married and single, friends and groups (e.g., wedding parties). If you want a relaxed scene with amazing music, food, drinks, pool/lounge, and the best service ever, book this hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KorbinKing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
Québec
Reviewed 13 September 2009

This hotel really cares for your well being. We arrived late, we had the 5 star service at the reception. The next day it just got better. Woke up too late for breakfast, and met a nice men, Markos, he made sure we had breakfast made for us, then the staff at the pool made sure we were well taken care of. Then discussed with Markos to discover he was the owner, told us were to go for dinner, what top beach to go, he really took the time( he even gave us a ride there !!! ) We did tried a couple of great restaurants ( Nammo`s, the fish tavern etc) but the best food we had in Mykonos was at the hotel !!! Great chef !
There is also the ambiance that makes you feel great, relax, all white, great music etc...
They say " it not the place that makes the people but the people that makes the place"
This place made our trip fantastic !!!
Sonia C. Québec

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
london UK
Reviewed 13 September 2009

they didn't pick me up at the airport, as promised
the hotel is a 20 minute walk from town
the "standard" over priced room overlooks a stair well and is without charm
the room rate on the room door was cheaper than the quoted rate
WORST OF ALL: they refused to buy me a ferry ticket, said for sure I could buy it the next morning, "don't worry" and the next morning ALL the tickets were sold out. So I had to stay in mykonos an extra day and miss a day of festivities at the wedding I was going to

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank myralondonUK
andronikos, Owner / Manager at Andronikos Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2009
Dear guest: Thank you for posting your review at tripadvisor. Please allow us to make some remarks:
- Our driver immediately provided transfer to you upon your arrival after your call at our hotel. Indeed there was a confusion on your specific arrival time of your flight from London as there were two flights on that same day and we had not been informed on your arrival time. Although we called you to verify your arrival your phone was not available.
- The standard room's rate during your stay was 220 euros per night but we gladly offered it with a discount at 190 euros per night. When you arrived alone (although you had booked for a double room), we offered you a furher discount to 150 euros. You can easily check our rates on our website or in any other travel agency to confirm that the rate you paid at Andronikos was actually a much lower price than our official one which is also presented in our hotel's rooms.
- On that evening of your request for a ticket to Paros we informed you that the travel agency advised that it was not a good idea to book a ticket yet due to bad weather conditions and a high probability of cancelation of the boat's departure. Instead they suggested to book your ticket the next day after confirming with the agency the final departure of the boat. When we checked for your ticket on the following day, we discovered to our astonishment that all the seats were booked out. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience caused but please note that we followed the advice of the agent who wanted to protect you from a possible cancelation of the boat's schedule.
We always try to offer the best possible level of service to our clients and surely we feel sad about this sudden change of your travel plans which however was not caused by our professional team of employees.
Beirut
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I loved the personal touch and felt like I am staying at Markos Androniko's country house and not in a hotel. Felt very welcome. Music selection at the pool during the day and night was great. Along with great drinks that Kostas makes. The staff is super friendly and polite (Most of them lived outside Greece and are exposed to many cultures). Food was delicious. Art selection in the rooms was a fine touch of class

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Andronikos Hotel offers the best customer service ever!
All the staff is extremely helpful, smiling all the time, and always making sure that clients are happy.
Great suggestions about the islands are also given without even asking.
The hotel itself is fantastic, mixing the traditional and modern Greek taste!
Each room looks like a little indipendent house, making the hotel very cozy! The pool area, the restaurant, and the bar are really fantastic!
Well done to the Andronikos team!!!! Fantastic hotel and Service!!!! Alessia & Max

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Athens
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I;ve traveled abroad to many cities and places, Mykonos however has its own charm that is unique to all the places I've seen so far.!!
Andronikos is the place to be in Mykonos, the hotel and its staff made my stay unforgettable in every way, I was pampered like a little child and I was treated like a king.!!
The service is fine in all areas, great breakfast with large variety and choice, restaurant with superb quality (don't look any further unless you want to visit the beach restaurants around Mykonos which are fun), large and beautifully decorated rooms with all sorts of facilities and finally warm and friendly personnel.!!
Kostas had twice offered me his peach mojito cocktail (superb!), Elena has booked for me the best table at Nammos, Solymar beach restaurant (my favorite) even at Remezzo club , Chris went twice to change my boat tickets to the town and Petros would always engage in a little friendly conversation around the pool area.!!
Last night I had the pleasure to meet Markos the manager and have dinner with him at the restaurant, we had an amazing dinner and lots of fun, I loved the grilled fish which was fresh and juicy like no other fish i had on the island, this guy was very generous and friendly, made me feel at home.!!

All the people were very nice to me and the hotel itself is a hidden gem in the heart of mykonos.!!
P.s I forgot to mention about the staff at the reception desk who were particularly polite and attentive to my requests, many thanks to Alice and Miltos for their great service.!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Zagreb
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Friend and myself spent an unforgettable week in Andronikos hotel, mosty thanks to extremely friendly, professional and helpful staff. We would definitely like to go back :)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
Palladium Boutique Hotel
#2 of 25 in Platys Gialos

Been to Andronikos Hotel? Share your experiences!