“Better than expected”

Ranked #74 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Oxford
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great recent holiday. Very surprised at the standard and quality of this hotel as we paid such a good price. Room was very spacious and comfortable, exceptionally clean with cleaners in every single day with clean towels and sheets changed 3 times. Bathroom good size with a full shower and curtain which is rare in Greece! The staff could not do enough for you. We had bed and breakfast with an excellent choice of food. Pool and bar area was also exceptionally clean. It was quite a distance, 20-25 min walk from the town centre which we did most days and was OK once we got used to the road as no pavements here. The supermarket was just around the corner on the main road from the apartment if you did not want to eat lunch at the bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
1 Thank Julie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

My experience in this hotel has been nothing but amazing! The staff are very friendly the rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels and new products in the bathroom! The hotel is a family run business with the daughter in law on reception! Her English is very good and she was more than helpful in booking reservations at restaurants to showing us how to work the safe! Her husband runs the bar upstairs and we found him very helpful and a very pleasant man! The mother and father, who you get the impression are starting to take a step back from the hotel were delightful people! The food was excellent value and the staff were very attentive! I can't wait to stay here again and would highly recommend it! I'm actually sat by the amazing pool writing this review! Fabulous pool! I saw on an earlier review saying this hotel was anti gay! I honestly can say me and partner have not experienced this at all. In fact we went to Mykonos to celebrate our first year anniversary which the hotel knew about! They brought the most delious chocolate cake to our room to offer there congratulations! Nice touch!

3 Thank 191Adrian_W
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Went here from 4th May for our honeymoon, was a wonderful holiday! hotel is so clean all staff very helpful and cannot do enough! room was cleaned everyday and new towels. Hired a quad for the week which the hotel arranged for us. Would definatley go again! Beautiful Island!!!! Thanks! xx

1 Thank rebecca r
Ferseta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

In the month of March I was in the city and stayed at this accommodation for few days. It was a great experience. Everything is perfect here- the food, the large rooms, luxurious bathroom, the staff members. I really enjoyed on beautiful beaches of city and my stay at this place was very refreshing. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my other friends.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel and could not fault it,ideally situated 20 minutes walk each way to beach and town or bus at top of road with 30 minute service every day
Rooms clean and well kept and excellent restaurant
Family run with all of the staff very helpful
Nice little chapel at side which they allowed my wife to use
Very quiet while we were there but understand much busier earlier in year
Loved Mykonos town but found restaurants very expensive compared with other Greek islands
If you want the night life chose hotel in the town

Room Tip: All rooms have balconys but not all facing the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul H
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Hotel located 1.5km out of town with local supermarkets / restaurants and petrol station within 3 minutes walk, found the hotel extremely clean, food was excellent stayed on a half board basis, really good sized pool with deep end, think the hotel has around 56 rooms. Staff very polite and friendly our waiter Nicholas could not do enough for us. If your going to Mykonos this is a very chic cosmopolitan island you wont see any football shirts or chavs here, you should hire car rather than mess about on buses the best beach in my opinion is Elia Beach, please don't pay much attention to the poor reviews there old and the hotel has obviously sorted out any problems it previously had. If you're planning to go out in Mykonos Town to eat dinner you should pack lots of money I would budget on £200-£300 per night for dinner drinks and clubbing per couple, I would recommend this hotel as a good base to explore the island and a good nights sleep. Bakery at Ano Mera on main road to Elia beach on the right does wonderful fresh baguettes and cakes.

Room Tip: lower number rooms closer to reception, ask for first floor if your ok with stairs
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellerFox007
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have recently returned from this hotel, and must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. I was somewhat apprehensive at first after reading some of the mixed reviews on here, but the hotel more than exceeded my expectations in the end.
Location: This hotel is situated well out of the main town, probably a good twenty five minute walk into town down some very hectic roads (we never braved it as we had a car). Car or bike hire is a must if you stay here, this will really give you the opportunity to thoroughly explore the island and it's various beaches. Car hire is quite reasonably priced, and there are many throughout the island. Very quiet on an evening, I slept like a log every night!
Room: I think we may have been allocated one of the smaller rooms, but it was more than adequate. It had a bath with shower, hair drier, a small balcony (all rooms have various size balcony / terrace), a small tv (only received 1 English channel though; BBC News), as well as a fridge with an ice making section. My only slight complaint is that we were only provided with two small glasses in the bathroom (which we were already using for our toothbrushes). We therefore had to go to the bar and ask for some more glasses for drinks in the room. Also, I was surprised that there was no cutlery or plates in the room what so ever, so making our own snacks in the room was our of the question. Strange really as the room contained a fridge, lots of empty cupboards as well as a kitchen worktop and sink. So take your own camping plates and cutlery if you intend on making your own snacks. Beds were fairly comfy, with extra blankets in the cupboard. A digital safe also provided in the room, as well as air con. Room service is available if you wish. Beds were made and clean towels provided every day!
Food: Breakfast was the same every morning, so if you have your favorite cereals, take a pack with you from home. Breakfast consisted of cereals, ham and cheese, cold boiled egg, mini frankfurters, toast, tea, coffee and orange juice. From 7:30 am - 10 am.
Evening meal was outstanding. We went half board, and were the only customers on this basis, so we were treated very well. Every evening we had a huge 3 course dinner, with a massive salad (different every night) as well as hot breads. Food was traditional Greek cuisine; the portions were gargantuan! It was a shame really though that every night, the restaurant was very quiet, often we would be the only guests dining. Not sure why this was the case, maybe the restaurant needs to advertise some more.
During the daytime the restaurant served snacks and drinks (the milkshakes are outstanding), which were typical Mykonian prices.
Staff and Service: I am surprised at some of the earlier reviews who say that they had problems with the staff, as during our stay the service was exceptional. All of the staff always smiled and greeted us, and spoke very good English. We had many nice chats with the restaurant staff, as well as the owners who were all lovely and very welcoming.
Facilities: Despite being fully booked, the hotel always seemed very quiet. The pool is very large with a deep end. Also a non heated Jacuzzi. No struggle to get a sun bed; the pool area was always empty! There is a small gym, however you had to pay 5 euros per session to use this. I was somewhat disappointed by this being a gym addict and thought this was a bit skanky, so in the end I had a week off the gym.
There is wifi at the pool area, as well as a room with two computers, however both these luxuries are charged for. Again, I feel this is a bit money grabbing.
Not really anything for kids to do, however in my opinion Mykonos isn't really the place to bring young children or babies. It's mostly older gay men, couples and clubbers who holiday at Mykonos. If you want somewhere with a kids club, Mykonos is not the place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
#37 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Loukas Pensions
Loukas Pensions
#75 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Giannoulaki Hotel? Share your experiences!