Giannoulaki Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aether Boutique Stay(Mykonos Town)
Skios Hotel(Mykonos Town)
View Hotel
Tharroe of Mykonos Hotel(Mykonos Town)
Hotel Jason(Mykonos Town)
Vouniotis Rooms(Mykonos Town)
Charissi Hotel(Mykonos Town)
View Hotel
Myconian Kyma Design Hotel(Mykonos Town)
View Hotel
Hotel Sourmeli Garden(Mykonos Town)
View Hotel
All reviewsuncomfortable bedthe busroom was a decent sizeroom was cleaned everydaypool areasmall supermarkethotel is situatedlovely hotelcar hirequiet locationper dayfresh towelsnight liferooms are cleanlovely poolyogurtsun loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel has very mixed reviews, which actually makes sense, but I'm trying to put my finger on why. I stayed here in August 2013, with two other friends, immediately after having spent 6 days camping at a festival in the UK. This was our relaxing, recovery from the debauchery of the previous week. We were really pleased when we booked; we got a great rate, perfect flight times, and the photos of the hotel (especially the pool) looked amazing for the price. This was my first time in Greece.
For me, this hotel, in fact the holiday, was one of constant ups and downs:
- The room was spacious, private, functional, and clean. The air con worked well, and I could get BBC World Service on the TV. But then the niggles began. Broken shower head; ants; unpleasant shower curtain; distinctly hard bed; overlooking the car park; very badly smelling fleece bed spread.
- We got free breakfast in with the package deal! A buffet breakfast would be served each morning. Eat as much as you like. Great. Until we tried it. Eggs boiled hard to within an inch of their lives; processed cheese and ham slices; mini hot dogs (Mykonian sausage); stale bread etc.
- The hotel was really quiet. Perfect! We had the place to ourselves. We could pick any sunbed; no noisy children; we were always attended too. But then it became a little too much. It was almost like a ghost hotel. Apparently it was fully booked but where was everyone? Eating in the restaurant was a lonely experience. Sounds picky but we ended up feeling a little too well attended to; i.e. watched. Relentlessly.
- The staff were so nice. Really pleasant and keen to provide a good service. The moment you walked to the pool, bar and restaurant area there would be a friendly greeting and a menu in your hand. But then the cracks would show. I asked to order from the a la carte breakfast menu. I was told that the kitchen was closed. When I started to motion towards the sign indicating that breakfast could still be ordered for another hour or so I was cut off - "the kitchen is closed" I was told again, firmly, but with a very broad smile. Such a peculiar feeling to be treated that way. Towards the end of the week, having spent a lot of money at the bar/restaurant, I went out to meet one of my friends by the pool before heading out to town. I sat next to my friend on the sunbed and took a sip from my water bottle (disallowed as only drinks/food purchased from the bar can be consumed around the pool). On cue, the waitress, who had seen me drink from my water bottle came to ask me what drink I would like to order from the bar. I explained that I didn't want any and that I was leaving any minute. She was reasonable; didn't read me the rules, but took one look at me, one look at the water bottle (which I had placed on the floor) and walked away looking disgusted. On another occasion my friend struggled to eat most of her pasta dish and ended up apologising to the waitress repeatedly just to try to stop her from looking at her and her plate of leftovers with so much disappointment written all over her face.
- The pool was amazing. So beautiful. The photographs are no lie. Even more stunning in real life, with a perfect view of the sunset every night. I have never been in a more beautiful pool, for less time in my life. I think I went in twice over the whole week. It was freezing, despite temperatures in the thirties. It wasn't in the shade. I can only assume that the constant Mykonos winds kept the pool from ever heating up. I sat in the Jacuzzi once and began shaking pretty violently. It wasn't heated and they only switched the bubbles on for a couple of hours a day. I love being in the water so this was a first for me. Fantastic pool - not really pleasant be in.

I could go on with these constant ups and downs but I won't. There wasn't any one single major problem, but at the same time, there were enough contrasting problems that the hotel fails to reach its potential. This should be a great hotel. It's actually beautiful and, if you have your own transport, it's actually very nice to be out of the centre of town. But no, there's too many juxtapositions here and it all makes for a rather inconsistent and odd experience. Try it if you can get a great deal, but expect a few bumps along the way.

Room Tip: Ask to be around the pool.
9  Thank JoeClay16
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Very relaxing hotel...quiet and far from Mykonos town and its noise. The staff are very friendly and always smiling. the breakfast is average but it had all that u need. very convenient cause you have a supermarket and pharmacy right next door and the bus stop is right in the corner. Must rent an ATV cause its an amazing experience and that's all you need for going all over the island in minutes.loved the experience and will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: ask for a swimming pool view room...
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have just returned from a weeks holiday in this hotel absolutely fabulous the manager and his wife could not do enough for us changed our room because I had knee problems I have stayed in top hotels all over the world but none as well kept and as clean as this one the waitress Helen was a joy the manager even dashed to the airport after we left to bring some pictures we had left in reception would not get that service anywhere thank you all loved it xx we will be back xx

Reviewed 14 August 2013

When we arrived the woman behind the reception told us it was a 15 minute walk to the centre of Mykonos. We set off to head to town for a meal, dodging dead squashed cats, speeding cars and mopeds the entire journey to the main road. No pavements, wouldn't feel safe walking back in the dark after a few drinks.
The hotel was ok, basic breakfast, nice pool, decent room, tiny shower that is in need of an update for the price they charge.
Don't stay here unless you hire a car or moped. There are NO taxis in Mykonos so don't rely on that either!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The hotel is located 5 minutes from the chora of Mykonos and a bus passes outside the hotel every 30minutes. The airport is 5 minutes from the hotel and the manager was kind enough to drive us there on our departure day since there are only 32 taxis in Mykonos and it was difficult to find one at 7.30a.m. The room was spacious but the bathroom was too small. What I liked was that the room was very clean. What I got upset about was the breakfast... Horrible! Bread, butter, boiled eggs and honey. No imagination, no variety...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple