We actually stayed in this hotel back in 2006, so things may have changed, but we're considering going back this year and it made me want to write a review.
Quick summary of the island for those who have not been: there is a town center with the majority of restaurants and bars where you would most likely spend the evenings. Hotels in this area do not tend to have great ocean views and there are no beaches within walking distance. The benefit of staying here is you can walk to dinner without having to drive home after a few ouzos! During the day, we rented a scooter and could go to any of the beaches. We preferred driving around during the day to different beaches instead of staying in a hotel on the beach and having to drive at night for dinner.
When we arrived, my bags had been lost by the airline on the first leg of our trip. The hotel sent someone to meet us at the airport and he handled all the paperwork for the missing luggage. It was like having a friend or parent pick you up! Then, when we got to the hotel, we gave them our baggage claim numbers and they took care of calling the airlines to check on our bags. They appeared in our room the next day, without us having to deal with anything. THe hotel really didnt have to do this for us, but they were so helpful (it also saved us all those long-distance phone calls to Air France in Paris, where we had had our layover). Their personal attention got us off on the right foot and set the atmosphere for the rest of the trip. They were SO helpful with everything. One night we asked for a corkscrew and wine glasses so we could have some wine in our room, and when we went to return them the next morning, they said to keep it all as a souvenir.
The breakfast was great, with a beautiful setting- it really does look like the pictures on the website. The pool was beautiful (small and a limited vew, but perfect for an afternoon nap or refreshing dip). The room was fairly large and the bathroom had an enormous tub and plenty of space. The room wasn't over the top fancy, but cute and a decent size. There is a bit of traffic noise, but scooters are everywhere, that's just the way the island is.
We will definitely go back, I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The only downside with the location was the walk into town was a bit steep and rocky (forget high heels), but that's typical and probably the same for any hotel in the area. Definitely not a long walk, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hermes Mykonos Hotel is situated in a quiet, unspoiled and picturesque area, 5 minutes from Mykonos Town [Chora]. The breathtaking scenery of the white-colored houses with the sensational view of the sea and the surrounding islands blends in the most harmonious way with the arched emerald pool, easing your senses under the cloudless Greek sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hermes Mykonos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermes Hotel Mykonos Town
- Hermes Mykonos Hotel Greece