“Mykonos Holiday”

Ranked #48 of 63 Mykonos Town B&B and Inns
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Mykonos Holiday”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed for 4 days on Mykonos. The town itself maybe a wee bit over rated but the Pension Matina is a very well run, clean and friendly run complex. If you are staying a while you must visit the beach of Kalo Livadi. It has a soft sandy shoreline and the sand goes out in the sea as far as you can stand up. Very quiet and a real relaxing time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I booked a studio room which was supposed to have a private balcony with views of the pool or sea. When I arrived the owners tried to put me in a tiny little room around the back of the hotel and when I came back to explain that I booked a studio room with a private balcony they reluctantly moved me into another room which was a little larger but didn't have a private balcony and was again at the back of the hotel with no views. I wasn't going to complain again since I could see that they were getting annoyed. The room itself was clean and what you'd expect from a 2/3 star hotel although the bed was a little uncomfortable. The pool was great but I didn't use it much because it was rather windy when I was there. The hotel's location is a fair distance from Mykonos town and you'd need to hire a scooter if you're planning on heading out there frequently.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank John P

Travellers are raving about these Mykonos Town hotels

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed here with 3 friends in August 2013 and would not hesitate to stay here again! Staff were extremely knowledgable on where to go, helped with restaurant reservations and directions. The pool area was beautiful and kept immaculately clean! You can get a delicious breakfast and eat it by the pool for 5 euro, which we did a few days. Very happy for the free pick up from the port (TIP: ring to organise, not email). Located a 10 minute walk from town which we didn't find inconvenient at all (helped walk off some of the baklava). Oregano restaurant on the next door block is amazing to eat at too.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Things I liked:
- The hotel offers transfer to and from port. That was a huge plus for me! The transfer from port was free - best to email them in advance about your arrival date - but to port cost 10 Euros. It's a short 10-minute downhill walk to the city centre and another 15 minute walk to Little Venice and the windmills.
- The staff were generally very friendly and helpful. They were great at helping me figure out how to get to places and made recommendations on what to see/do.
- My room had a private balcony so I loved having my own space to sun bake during the day.
- Make use of their pool area! It's a nice place to relax and chill.

Two issues I had with the hotel:
- The wi-fi connection wasn't the best. I could never get any connection in my room. I found out from another guest that he had the same issue so he would stay around the pool are just to get reception. I often had to sit in the lobby area to get reception, and to use their laptop.
- In terms of cleaniness, I would only rate this as average as there were a few small stains on my bed sheet and towels.

Despite the above, I would recommend this hotel, as my stay was pleasant enough for the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HappyPengu
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We booked a studio for one night only and did not expect much. I am used to this class category hotel in mykonos having used them for the last 30 years. The good thing is the room size and the pool area. However I think that room smelling of mould in the summer months should not be rented!

There was an issue with port transfer, I have emailed owner and did not get a reply so I called twice and was promised a pick up, this never happened however we were told a lie that the driver was there and left because of ferry delay, the delay was 10 minutes and every other hotel waited their guest. In Greece they know in the harbour when the arrival time is. So what they told us is unacceptable, they also accused us of having not informed them of the delay from the boat, by calling them !!!

The Lady owner, we were later told she has a very bad reputation in the island, To us she was simply rude and not welcoming. We moved the following day to a much better hotel in the area

Room Tip: high floor room with sea view are not worth the extra money. The rent bike places in the area are ov...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank mytropicalheaven
Canberra
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Nice people, nice place and although its away from the partying, its close enough to the food and culture on offer. The staff are excellent. The rooms are fantastic. The view is splendid! The best hotel I have stayed in while at Mykonos!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Friendly owners, free transfer, spacious rooms, not too clean but hey it's a cheap little pension :) really nice pool and not too far from the town. With a scooter it was a 5 minutes drive. Overall it was a very nice stay and the owners were friendly and available when we needed.

• Stayed July 2012
Maria-Katerina-Mykonos Apartments
AC Village Christoulis
AC Village Christoulis
#14 of 90 in Mykonos Town

Been to Villa Matina? Share your experiences!