“Best Risotto EVER! Went twice in a week it was so good!”
Review of Roca Cookery

Roca Cookery
Ranked #50 of 222 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Best Risotto EVER! Went twice in a week it was so good!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having arrived the previous day and feeling a little jet lagged by the time our second evening came around my friend and I decided to go somewhere near to our hotel (Mykonos View). Having looked at TA for somewhere we found Roca Cookery just down the bank from us and couldn't believe how good it was!

Warm welcome from the staff who were very accommodating of my requests about gluten free options, checking with both the chef and the manager before returning with a detailed reply which was much appreciated given I have Crohn's disease and was trying to be good in a foreign country.

Having enjoyed the views of the port with a drink while our food was prepared we were hungry when they arrived but were not disappointed. The chicken & vegetable risotto is easily the best I've ever tasted in a restaurant anywhere! Subtle flavours, well seasoned, delicious chunks of quality meat and the overall consistency and taste of the rice as a whole was out of this world.

My friend got the shrimp spaghetti and thought it was one of the best pasta dishes he's had. The amount of shrimp that came on top of the bed of spaghetti was a pleasant surprise given you can sometimes get smaller portions but there were at least 5-6 good sized shrimp in the dish, each well cooked with a nice meaty texture which complimented the pasta and lobster bisque very well.

Can't recommend Roca Cookery highly enough and if you make the trip slightly out of the main town centre to visit you will not be disappointed. We thought it was so good we went back 4-5 nights later. I got the risotto again but my friend tried the grilled calamari and a salad which were both excellent too. A must try in Mykonos!

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
San Diego
“Amazing food, views, and ambience”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This restaurant was amazing. It overlooks the bay and was perfect when we sat for sunset. We ordered the stuffed chicken, which was incredible, and the penne with chicken, which was very good as well. They had nice music playing that matched the overall atmosphere. This was the best meal we had in Mykonos, for about 60 euros for wine, two entrees, and coffee. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank gen2817
“A must go to in Mykonos”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went to Roca for my Dad's 60th. We found this place by chance. Everything was fantastic. The food was amazing!!! The staff has the most amazing attitude, the view and ambience was spectacular. This place is a must when visiting Mykonos. Thank you Roca for a spectacular evening

• Visited June 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Warm and hospitable”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went to this restaurant on my birthday and the party begun without any planning..magnificent view ,outstanding food and amazing staff. What a place. Don't miss this in Mykonos

• Visited June 2014
Athens, Greece
“Super Combination”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This contemporary traditional cookery combines exellently the breathtaking view of the Mykonian sunset, the Museum's beautiful garden and the delicious food. I higly recomend you the rocket salad with the Greek sour cheese for its freshness, the pork fillets in feta cheese sauche for caper lovers and the linguini with shrimp spaghetti even for the most demaning paletes. For dessert comes the traditional Greek donut called Loukoumas on top of ice cream, hot and cold in ballance. I would definitely visit again!

• Visited May 2014