“not what we expected...”
Review of Marina View

and 1 more site!
Marina View
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel does have a lovely view, but this means that you have to walk up a hill to get to your room and climb several stairs, which I dreaded doing twice a day. Some rooms are cute, some not so much...The room I stayed in was much better than those of my friends who where not so happy with theirs. The beds are really comfy but they don't change the sheets that often. They do give you clean towels every day though. One thing that annoyed me was that I stayed there for seven days and the bins where emptied only once. Not enough clothespins on the washing line which was too small for so many guests to share. They shouldn't be advertising wi-fi access because the signal was so weak, no one could connect!!! We did complain about this but no one seemed to care. The owners get an award for zero hospitality. They didn't even introduced themselves to us and only came to talk to us the day before we checked out, to ask about who is going to pay the bill. I called the reception the day before I arrived on the island to ask about directions and if someone could pick me up from the port and the guy who aswered the phone replied that he wasn't responsible about reservations and hung up without saying goodbye!?! When I got there on Saturday at noon, the two receptions where closed and I had to wait for an old lady to come and check me in. She and the cleaning lady where the nicest people from the staff by the way. I'm sure one can find better accomodation on the island as the locals are generally very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Panayiota81

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This place is magnificent! Apartments have a fascinating view and intresting and creative detailed interior. When we came there we felt that all the bases were covered. The room have a lot of different art on the walls. And certainly it was very clean all over the place. In reality this place looks much better than in the pictures. Location is perfect, because road down to the city takes 5 minutes by foot and the same to the old port. There is a good parking here and it is very easy to remember how to get back. So for me and my wife it was the most comfortable location, because you have a view on the city, old port and sunsets on the sea. And at the same time it is easy to get to any beaches you want. And i would also like to draw you attention to the most important thing there - owner. Zoi was so pleasant, kind and helpfull, that i never seen before. She gave us VERY good advice's about everything we needed or interested. Zoi and Silky (her pretty white dog) is the first reason to stay at this wonderfull place. This place is what you need to stay in Mykonos!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Алексей М
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Zoi and her family that helps run the Marina View were very helpful and helped make our stay in Mykonos special. They picked us up from the ferry quickly. The room was very nice and was the perfect place to sit outside and watch the sunset. We were able to enjoy the beach and sights by day and then go out to the clubs at night. The apartments are about 10 minutes of a walk from the center of town but the walk is not bad and is worth it to gain the view of the sea and harbor.

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the bus stop that takes you to Paradise beach where you can go to Cavo Paradiso or Club Paradise for concerts.

Zoi even invited us to her father's birthday and made our visit that much extra special.

Room Tip: Make a reservation for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelin_thru12
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We were there me and my wife in july for about 10 days. We were in a very nice studio with a view on the old port. Looking at this view when you wake up in the morning is awesome, it will be engraved in my memories for years to come for sure. The hosts (a lady and her father) were very kind and very helpful. I recommend the Marina View Hotel with all my heart.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank afekhar
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I went there with my boyfriend ...and found exactly what i expected "thanks to TripAdvisor"
wonderful place,wonderful view,wonderful Zoi" The Owner of the place",wonderful parents
the place is outstanding,5 minutes away from town,
What we loved the most,is the quality of people who are staying at Marina View....all people are happy,cheerful...it's like a family town....
Zoi is always there....she's a friend...superb diva
The apartment is clean, spacious, all in white...
i enjoyed the kitchen the most...all equipped...used to wake up dreaming about cooking a small breakfast and have a coffee on the patio with the outstanding view, very calm and peaceful
Definatly will come back again
It felt like home...

Room Tip: All Rooms are equipped with A/C, Calm.... I don't think there are rooms with no view always th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stay there for two summers and definitely will go back. The rooms were with excellent architect and decoration the big balcony overlooking this outstanding breathtaking view.Always clean. Zoe the managing director was always there to help. Thanks Zoe I will definitely be back !!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed in the deluxe studio early July 2012. Zoi and the property were both outstanding. And the view, as others have echoed, is magical. Loved the kitchenette, where meals could be prepared, and the bed was super comfy. The apartments are an easy six minute walk downhill into the center of town.
The trip back up is uphill, sure, but just when your legs begin to wonder how much longer, you're already there! I would stay here again, no question, the nicest place I've stayed in Mykonos.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple