From our airport transfer, where the driver provided us with bottled water and cool face cloths, we could tell this was going to be a very high-service hotel.
Stella and her team run an excellent operation at Vencia, and can't do enough to help and guide.
The infinity pool is outstanding, looking over the old town and then the sea. The view takes your breath away when you first see it. There's a variety of sunbeds around the pool; sunbeds, chairs, with parasols, 4-poster beds, beanbags etc. Everything is of high quality. There could maybe be a few more beds with shade - we would sometimes get up early to bag beds with a parasol as these only make up maybe a third of the total.
The pool bar, run by Dimitar, is a delight. He makes great cocktails, brings food down to your sunbed from the kitchen (full cooked lunch menu available, anything from swordfish steak to pasta to salads to souvlaki to omelette and chips) and is generally very warm and friendly. Get on his good side, and we started receiving the occasional free milkshake or meze platter. Like Stella, Dimitar really knows how to look after his guests.
The breakfast buffet is lovely, offering pastries, fruits, cheese, meats, smoked salmon, cooked breakfasts, breads, and for some reason - but somehow works - little squares of cold pizza.
The rooms are of a high standard. Shampoo and shower gel is provided (not conditioner, if that matters to you). The air conditioning is great; only works when you're in the room but we kept ours at 16°C, which was a blessed relief from the 40°+ outside, and made it much easier to sleep. There's an electronic safe in each room, free of charge. There's also a fridge which we mainly used for bottled water, because we were advised not to drink from the taps. Housekeeping is daily and never failed to clean our room, even when we didn't surface one day until 2pm.
My only criticism of the rooms is the electrical setup. All electrics, except the fridge, require the magnetic room key to be in a slot by the door to run. This means we could only charge our phones/Kindle/toothbrush etc. when we were in the room. We took to unplugging the fridge so we could use that socket while we were out. This is such a small thing though, it is hugely outweighed by the many positives.
There were a few very young children here, but it's not really a family hotel - much better for couples, and maybe small groups of friends. Didn't see a single teenager all week, and I can't imagine it really suiting them, although there is no policy restricting any age of guest. It is a fairly intimate atmosphere though.
We've never been the sort to do the same holiday year after year - there is so much of the world to see! - but this is the first time we have said we would come back next year to stay in the same hotel. It was that perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vencia boutique hotel is a four star (4****) hotel which has been fully renovated in 2007, situated 10 min walk from Mykonos town. An elegant combination of colours and furniture has created an environment of hotel relaxation, comfort and luxury. The outdoor swimming pool offers an outstanding view of the town and the port, giving you the feeling that the Aegean Sea is the continuation of the hotel's pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Agoda, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vencia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vencia Hotel Mykonos Town
- Vencia Hotel Mykonos, Greece