The hotel is absolutely beautiful with breathtaking views to Mykonos town and to the sunset. Lovely pool area but you must go there early if you wish to get a place in the sun (or under the umbrella). Service throughout the hotel is very friendly with one exception. There is an elderly Greek lady who speaks only Greek (must be some sort of owner, otherwise hard to believe why people let her go around insulting hotel guests) and I witnessed a scene between her and another hotel guest in the pool area regarding the curtains of one of the sunbeds. It was completely unnecessary and ended up with one very unhappy hotel guest who will quite surely not return to this hotel.
Food in this hotel is very good and you do have the best sunset view as it is a bit higher on a hill. A walk to the town is supposed to take only five-ten minutes but prepare for longer because it is so beautiful that you must stop every two minutes to take photos.
Transportation from/to the airport/port costs five euro extra. I think at a rate of 200€/night that could be included. Special coffee during breakfast also costs an extra 3.50€. Again, at that rate it could be included. Otherwise breakfast was fine. Not super great variety but enough something for every taste.
I love the decoration in the room and the rooms are also quite spacious. Bathroom is the worst part, very small and nothing really extra there but worked fine for me. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is located next to a busy street so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. At least in my room I could hear the traffic quite well.
All in all it was a nice stay and I would probably choose to stay again. Maybe outside the peak dates though to get a bit cheaper price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vencia boutique hotel is a four star (4****) hotel which has been fully renovated in 2007, situated 10 min walk from Mykonos town. An elegant combination of colours and furniture has created an environment of hotel relaxation, comfort and luxury. The outdoor swimming pool offers an outstanding view of the town and the port, giving you the feeling that the Aegean Sea is the continuation of the hotel's pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Bookgreece.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vencia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vencia Hotel Mykonos Town
- Vencia Hotel Mykonos, Greece