“2 Star Hotel with 5 Star Service. We can't wait to return!”
Review of Hotel Tagoo

Hotel Tagoo
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Wrexham
“2 Star Hotel with 5 Star Service. We can't wait to return!”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We recently stayed at Hotel Tagoo, Mykonos and had the most wonderful holiday. We read a lot of the reviews on TripAdvisor and also visited the Hotel's website. Although the Hotel had wonderful reviews we were a little apprehensive about booking a Two Star hotel; we needn't have been!
We were met at the airport by Yiannis, which is a complimentary service from the Hotel, and the moment we walked through the door we were blown away by the view and the setting. It was exactly as it appeared on the website and the many reviews. The service is friendly and helpful and Anna and all the hotel staff go the extra mile every day in order to make your stay enjoyable. We have travelled extensively and this is our number one hotel, you simply dont get this level of service in large impersonal hotels.
The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk above Mykonos town. The reviews mention this and also Anna explained it when I spoke to her prior to booking; however, we didn't find this a problem at all and only the first 200m of the journey is up hill.
The hotel is spotlessly clean, with the rooms cleaned and the towels changed daily.
This is a 2 Star Hotel with 5 Star service and we cannot wait to return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HobbsWxm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Having visited Mykonos 3 times before and staying in a variety of 5 star plus accommodation with our children , we decided to opt to stay with our friends for my husbands special birthday at the two star Hotel Tagoo. I have to say this hotel is a an absolute gem, this is simple greece at its very very best, the rooms simply furnished, (we stayed in room 11 which was spacious, queen size bed, great views and a terrace overlooking the sea and which we could also view the most amazing sunsets) but meticulously clean, comfortable beds, a fridge and a bathroom with either a shower or a bath, clean towels ,complimentary toiletries and daily maid service, in addition to homemade cakes, fresh bread, bacon, eggs etc at breakfast , what more do you need?? Well you also have the gorgeous Anna and Yianni who could not do enough for you, very helpful with restaurants, transport, boats, island information etc, they even took the seven of us to a restaurant on my husbands birthday as taxis are a problem on the island during peak season, and that was after Anna had thoughtfully arranged a birthday cake whilst we were having drinks on the terrace around the pool watching the most amazing sunset. This hotel is priceless and what makes it are the most amazing, helpful and friendly staff, all of which are a credit to the hotel,great location, great views, perfect swimming pool with reasonably priced drinks, unlike the town .There are definitely a few lessons even Anna could teach to these extortionately priced 5 star hotels. We are definitely going to return to Mykonos and why would you stay anywhere else other than the fabulous Hotel Tagoo, perfect!!!!!

Robert ,Julie &co Lincolnshire

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank juliebonner975
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My 23 year old twin daughters and I were on a mother/daughter trip and as the first visitors of the season we could not have started our trip to Greece any better. We loved the location (lots of exercise everyday walking to and from town), loved the accomodations and especially loved the host family. All of them went out of their way to make our stay memorable. My husband and I will re-visit this island again and will absolutley stay at Hotel Tagoo.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank bmn_mom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

After reading review after review singing great praises about the Hotel Tagoo, I was convinced this was the right choice for our stay in Mykonos. However, upon arrival, I was met with great disappointment regarding my hotel choice.

It started after my ferry to the island was slightly delayed. I called to inform the hotel clerk/proprieter (Anna) that we would be a late by perhaps an hour or so. This was met with an angry response that my arrival would be outside the standard desk hours (it was the middle of the day) and it made it sound like a major inconvenience to pick us up and allow us to check in at that time. Nonetheless, after some grumbling, she agreed to assist us.

This was a bad omen of things to come. While the room was clean, it offered extremely basic accomodation. This is a budget hotel, not a luxury accomodation - but offers a reasonable option for the younger crowd.

The pool area, which was heavily touted on tripadvisor, has a nice view but it is obstructed by hanging power lines. The hotel is up a steep hill from town. While accessible by foot, it is a climb.

Finally, after my initial introduction to the hotel, I can't claim to have enjoyed the hospitality of the proprietor Anna. We did attend her orientation session for new guests, in which she was a bit overbearing about what and what not to do in Mykonos. I did recall her calling hotel guests in their rooms that did not show up, which I thought overstepped the boundaries of hospitality a bit.

Overall, I wish that I had been offered a fairer picture of the hotel in advance of my stay. I went in with high expectations and was severely underwhelmed by this basic, 2 star budget hotel. It was the worst hotel of my stay in Greece. I would not return or recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
17 Thank amycwru
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

What a great location and what a great family! This was way above the standard of service and accommodation that would be expected from a 2* Hotel. The location is just far enough from town, about a 10 min walk. The pool and bar area overlook the sea and the sunsets (6 in total) were wonderful. But the most impressive part is the hospitality shown by each member of the family - that was exceptional. Nothing was too much for them to make a great stay. My thanks go to all of them and in particular Anna who works very hard to make your stay there the best ever. If you want to make new friends this is the place to go. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank janed51
Paris
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We were unsure whether to stay at Hotel Tagoo or a top rated 5 star, luxury resort. After speaking with Anna on the phone, we chose Hotel Tagoo and made the right decision! My boyfriend had stayed at a 4 star hotel in Mykonos a few weeks prior and he believed this charming two star hotel surpassed the 4 star hotel. The service, standard of rooms, views, hosts and general atmosphere were fabulous and we are hoping to return again in August. Anna & Yiannis were welcoming, efficient, fun and excellent hosts. They took their time to explain the island to us in detail and, as a result, we discovered parts of the island, restaurants etc, we would not have otherwise. They organised a hire car and entertained us at their "Greek night". It really was a fabulous hotel and I can understand the fond reviews. If they have availability, stay at this hotel and you will not regret it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah-Jane35
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My future husband and I stayed at Tagoo 3 years ago after seeing all the great Tripadvisor reviews. We immediately fell in love - with the hotel and even more with each other; really, how could you not at this place? So the logical choice, when we got married, was to come here for our honeymoon. Everything we loved about it was the same - the same impeccable and friendly service, the same amazing pool bar, the same warm, inviting atmosphere. And many things were even better - the rooms had been upgraded, the breakfast was plentiful and delicious, and everything was sparkling clean, even more so than we remembered from the last time.

Really, not kidding - EVERYTHING wonderful you read about Anna, the staff (which is mostly made up of one incredibly hospitable family), and this hotel is true. We have truly found a second home here. We still keep in touch with people we met at Tagoo 3 years ago and made many new and wonderful friends this year. Anna fosters a sense of community - get to know people, make friends, go to dinner with a couple from a country other than your own. Or chill, just the two of you on your private porch with a bottle of wine, staring at the most beautiful view you've ever seen. Or do both. I've never been so relaxed and content for so long...

On our last night, it felt like we weren't just leaving a beautiful place, but that we had to say goodbye to an old friend. But as Anna says, it's not goodbye. It's see you later. See you next year, Tagoo!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple