My last stay here this June showed several updates to this already great property. I didn't think this hotel could get better---but apparently I was wrong! Only Anna and her team could make paradise better!
The additions are:
1. There is new bedding and mattresses. I didn't mind the old mattresses but slept so much better this year!!
2. Upgraded soaps and shower gel in room.
3. Irons and iron boards already in the room.
4. Flat screen TVs with a great selection of satellite TV (including BBC and some English channels). Most people don't watch TV but great for listening to the news or for when you need the occasional "siesta".
5. More seating areas outside of rooms and around hotel to have quiet places to relax.
6. Beach towels already in the room for complimentary beach or pool use.
7. Hot water kettles great for making tea to unwind from the beach.
8. Plenty of new hangars including hangars for trousers. In the past some rooms didn't always have enough.
9. Electrical Converters in room.
All of these additions save you time and money. This allows you to enjoy the island more!
All of this on top of the usual spotless rooms, great pool area, pool bar (Mythos!! And try the Frappe and Fresh Orange Juice), ability to have Anna help arrange transportation (cars, scooters, etc) or simply give advice. As usual Jimmy is great at the pool bar and Yanni is always great to offer transfer to the airport. If you wake up before 1030 breakfast is a great way to start the day. In the evening the pool area is the best place to watch the sunset and kick back and make new friends. If Greek Night is offered go for the homemade spinach pies and the chance to learn a Greek Dance!
I have been to this hotel four times and am already planning a return for this fall and next year.
This hotel is like staying with family without all the headaches!! Anna and her entire family and team work hard to make sure you get the best value for your vacation and get the most from their island. All the accolades this hotel has won speaks volumes as to how hard everyone works here.
If you are looking for a chill home base in Mykonos with a family feel stay here. After staying once when returning you will be family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Tagoo is a small family run complex of 20 rooms, of which some are standard or superior, with 2 single beds or double and queen size beds, some with common sea view terrace area, or private balconies, built on different level, in the cycladic architecture style. We have lovely swimming pool with one of the best views of the island, where you can enjoy great light lunches or great cocktails at our pool snack bar area, while enjoying the most breathtaking sunsets. Facilities include free parking, hairdryers, minifridges, kettles, adapters, irons, ironing boards, satelite tv channels, beach towels, free wifi, public pc for guests use. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tagoo Hotel Mykonos
- Hotel Tagoo Mykonos, Greece