“My 40th Birthday”

Hotel Tagoo
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
“My 40th Birthday”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This was my second time at Hotel Tagoo. My first time was in September 2012 for only 3 days, I knew from that trip, I wanted to go back and soon! So I decided to spend a week in Mykonos and this time I would be there for my 40th birthday. From the moment my friend and I arrived, we were treated like family. Yiannis picked us up from the airport, Baggelhs put our bags in the room and our priority was to relax and have fun. Anna was fantastic and she really cares about her clients. The motto at Hotel Tagoo is "come as strangers, leave as friends". That is so true! During the week we stayed there, we met a cavalcade of regulars who have been coming there for upwards of 25 years. Jimmy and Theo mix up some mean drinks! For my 40th, Anna really went out of her way to make my day special. She arranged a spa day for me and I got my hair done, mani/pedi and she was able to get reservations for 8 at one of the best restaurants in Mykonos on a days' notice!
I'm sure there are other fantastic places in Mykonos, but I'll never know because I'll always stay at Hotel Tagoo.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rene J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I can definitely recommend Tagoo hotel to any visitor to Mykonos (young/senior/couples/groups/families). We stayed here in August 2013 with a group of friends. What must be remembered is the extremely high prices for accommodation in Mykonos and in that context this hotel offered excellent value for money. The location is a 10 minute walk from the town centre, which was actually enjoyable after nights of eating a drinking. It is a 2-star hotel, so don't expect Four Seasons. It is a well-kept, small family hotel with a very nice pool area and beautiful views. The biggest asset of the hotel is the staff/owners who are more than willing to give excellent advice and help with bookings for trips and restaurants. That made a real difference to our Mykonos experience and you can trust what they recommend. The only thing that felt 2-star about the hotel was our room, which was very basic with little storage space and a tiny bathroom. But the hotel does not pretend to be something it is not and you are not really going to Mykonos to stay in your room. Airport transfer offered by the hotel. All in all we had a great holiday at Tagoo and would go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kristian_Youness
Manchester
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Visited Hotel Tagoo in September 2014, fourth year in a row. Can't say enough good things about it. The rooms are comfortable and clean, you have everything you need (including iron and ironing board and fridge). Beds are really comfortable with brilliant matresses. Anna, Yiannis, Theo, Ruili, Jimmy and the rest of the staff are the most helpful and friendly people I have ever met. Mykonos is a lovely, lovely Island (thanks to Chris T for doing the driving and letting us explore more of the Island). Can't wait for next year!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chriscManchester
Montrouge, France
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed with a friend late August summer 2013 and we had a wonderful stay. We were picked up from the port; the rooms are very clean and nice, the view from the bar/swimming pool is amazing, we enjoyed the sunset so much!!! It is a short walk from the city center (the only problem is the traffic). Anna gave us a great list of restaurants, I would recommend Opa, as the food was really amazing and cheap. She also recommended beach and how to get there.
The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that the water is salted in the bathroom. But that's really all, and the rest make up for it!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Matylde
Sydney
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Tagoo in September. It was a last minute booking and we were a little nervous about the 2 star rating however the reviews and the photo's were so good, we gave it a go; we were't disappointed. The pool area has ample space, a nice bar area and great views. Rooms are basic but clean; all you need really. It's a 10mins stroll in to Mykonos town centre.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ZJTSydney
Paris, France
Reviewed 27 October 2013

It was our second time and definitely not our last as we are booking again for 2014. We spent Canada Day here in 2013 after spending a great time here in 2012. It is truly a 5 star resort that is classified as a 2 star. I travel 150 days a year for work and need a relaxation heaven like Hotel Tagoo. I am very picky and typically stay at 4+ stars so this review should speak for itself.

Tagoo has added a nice little food menu that is a great addition from 2012. The staff is amazing overall.... We can't say enough about Jimmy, Anna, and the whole crew. Our Canadian connections... The nice breakfast has traditional greek items and some staples from a North American perspective that tides you over until lunch.

The location is amazing with views of Mykonos and amazing sunsets with a great pool to cool off in the hot Mykonos sun.

Don't wait and book right away as this place books fast!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steinman49
Chicago
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This place can do no wrong. It is booked literally a year in advance. That's how good it is. Everyone staying there is one big family...and the drinks are always flowing. If you stay somewhere else in Mykonos, you probably messed up.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends