“All rooms appear to be smoking rooms”
Review of Damianos Hotel

Damianos Hotel
Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Perth, Australia
“All rooms appear to be smoking rooms”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We were given a smoking room even though I had booked a non smoking room and confirmed the booking and the non smoking request by email a couple of days prior. I think the hotel is all smoking. The furniture was old fashioned but clean and neat. The bathroom had new fittings but the shower head did not hold in the right direction, the toilet seat was broken and moved about the pan and the cistern required 4 to 8 pushes of the button to get it to flush. There was no safe and no tea and coffee making in the room. Breakfast was adequate, not a large selection. The pool and deck was very nice with good views over Mykonos town and bay.

This hotel is situated near the top of a steep hill but a taxi from the town centre is only about 5 Euros.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you can not stay in a smoking room.
1 Thank Pamies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 November 2011

What a wonderful place. Family ran, friendly, warm, great pool, great place to lay out and sun yourself, romantic sunsets over amazing sea views and great rooms. If I ever come back to Mykonos I will stay here. The rest of Mykonos is really expensive, this place is really affordable. I really can not speak any higher of this place. Also people go on about the hill, but we timed it and it take 11 minutes walking slow up and 7 mins down ; )

1 Thank Trevor G
Port Coquitlam
Reviewed 20 October 2011

this is a family owned and operated hotel about 15 minutes from the busy part of the city. It is very quiet and has views to die for. Room was small but very clean. The pool is awesome and has very comfortable lunges to relax in after a busy day sightseeing. Owners are their 24/7 and will do anything for you. breakfast fresh and enjoyable. They will also pick you up from ferry and take you back.

toronto
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We were looking for a good price, clean rooms and breakfast included. Damianos provided that and more! Thanos the owner did anything and everything he could to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Location is great. Rooms are spotless. Bathrooms are big, clean and provide plenty of hot water. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. The pool lounge was clean and comfortable. Lunch, coffee, and snacks were provided anytime (at a cost). We are extremely happy with choosing Damianos and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I travel a lot for business and I have once per year vacation so I try to enjoy it as much as possible. It was the first time that I felt that I am getting 5 stars services. When I called and I asked to book me a taxi in order to take as to the airport to the hotel without thinking it they offer me a shuttle service. When I asked for information in car rental they just asked me what type of car do I want and they did all the rest. The best of all was when I asked help to organise a surprise dinner for the b-day of my girlfriend. They book for a table in a restaurant (on the beach!!!!!), they organise a transfer with a luxury car (BMW) from and to the hotel, flowers and cake and they reserve a table on a balcony of a bar in Little Venice in order to have our cocktails after dinner. It was the best b-day my girlfriend ever had. That hotel had to be a 5 star family hotel. Is a spotless hotel from all the aspects. Definitely i will book again next year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pipo-it01
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We arrived in Mykonos late at night by ferry, the owner waited for us in the port and gave us all the information we needed for our 3 nights stay. They gave us a room with a big double bed, as we had previously requested. The breakfast was great, with fresh fruit and vegetables, ham and cheese, yogurt, milk, etc. We really enjoyed the spectacular view over the port and the windmills from the hotel terrace. The owners made us feel very welcomed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The only thing that would make the hotel excellent, the breakfast is perhaps a little "poor"