“We will be coming back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omiros Hotel

Omiros Hotel
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Dallas, Texas
“We will be coming back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed at Omiros for the second time this summer. This is a wonderful place, with a great location, and some of the best views on the island. The best part, however, is Yiannis and his family. They make you feel like you are at home, and really treat you as part of their family. Yiannis knows everything about the island, and directs you to be best places to have a good time. We learn a lot everytime we go - last time we learned about sea urchins!! We cannot recommend this hotel, and this family, more highly.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed for our third time at Omiros - I reviewed it after out last stay in 2009, where I called it almosy perfect relaxation. I can only add to that review that this was perfect relaxation. Once again the set-up of the hotel allowed us to mingle with other guests in such a natural way. Omiros is not, and never will be, 5 star luxury. But what it offers you cannot really put a rating to it. Yannis, his wife and adorable kids and of course Mama, set the foundation of a formula I expect thousands of small hotels across the world try to achive but few manage it.

I have to admit that I love Mykonos - my first visit was 1992. Originally from N. Ireland, I love going back to Donegal. To me Mykonos and Donegal should be twinned - apart from the very obvious difference in temperature and rainfall. But carpet Mykonos with some of the heather and bog of the Donegal hills, and spiritually they are the same. A very simple aura of calmness - albeit Mykonos Town has a degree of sophistication and nightlife that Donegal has a way to go!!!,

For those who want to find fault with the hills, the short walk up to Omiros, the lack of spa, pool, restaurant etc - please just go elsewhere. For us - a bootle of rose, looking out at the ever changing sunset from the terrace at Omiros - that is and always will be heaven.

Yannis and family - thank-you for sharing this with us!!!

Room Tip: now that would be telling!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed here in September 2012 with my two cousins, aunt, and mom. Yiannis picked us up at the ferry and among the chaos with all the tourists, he was able to find us before we can find him. He also carried our luggage up and down the stairs. We stayed in the triple room and double room which were next door to each other. The rooms were spacious enough for all of us and comfortable. The hospitality at this hotel is just amazing! He provided a map for us and mapped out all the good restaurants in Mykonos town and they were definitely delicious! The hotel also serves breakfast in the morning. One morning my cousins and I woke up a little late and they still served us breakfast. :) The view is absolutely amazing! On our last day, we just lounged around in the patio area and enjoyed the view before Yiannis dropped us off at the ferry. This hotel is about a 10 min walk to Mykonos town, depending on your pace. My mom, who is 60, managed just fine. And the area seems pretty safe too. My cousins and I (late 20s) walked to & from Mykonos town and we felt completely safe at 1am. Just remember to have a flash light or your phone light so you can see where you're walking...

We really loved this place and the hospitality from Yiannis and his family made it even better. If I ever come back to Mykonos, I'm definitely staying here again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have visited Mykonos twice, and both times I have stayed at Omiros, and next time I go I will be back! It is great value and the owner Yiannis is a legend! I honestly cannot recommend Omiros highly enough, I promise you will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

The hotel's proprietor, Yiannis, picked us up at the ferry terminal: what a relief. It's chaos there when the ferry lands so getting a pick-up is a major plus. The place has a fabulous view and is away from the town centre by a short walk up a gentle hill. There is breakfast and a bar if you want. Yiannis directed us to appropriate bars, restaurants and beaches. He is friendly and helpful and will accommodate as much as possible. Staying here was the best choice in Mykonos for us.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

The Omiros is not just a hotel it becomes your home for the time you are there.The word Stress does not appear in the Omiros vocabulary.It is a place of rest and relaxation.The warm welcome and the friendliness of Yiannis and his beautiful family are what make the Omiros so very special.I stayed for 8 nights from Sept 1st and I wish I could have stayed longer.The location is great with wonderfull views over the town and bay.Just a short walk brings you into the centre of town and the bus to the beaches.My next stay will be for two weeks.I have fallen under the spell that is the Omiros

Room Tip: I stayed in room 11 which has views over the town and the bay.It has it's own private terrace.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank irishglobetrotter20
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at Omiros back in June when it was still fairly quiet - we even had a choice of rooms thanks to Yiannis. We absolutely loved the welcoming, homely feel of the place. And spent every evening in the deck chairs on the balcony with wine or beer watching the sun go down.
If you like a warm, friendly and utterly charming hotel - this is the one for you. They even know that the Virgin ferry across to Santorini is always guaranteed to be late!
The pick ups and drop offs from the airport and ferry terminal were also very much appreciated. And definitely take up any restaurant recommendations - Nikos Tavern and the fish restaurant especially.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple