“Greeeat hotel experience!”

Ranked #32 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Arlington, Virginia, United States
“Greeeat hotel experience!”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed at Hotel Nazos towards the end of August 2011 and let me say to anyone who is visiting Mykonos you should definitely consider staying at here. It was my first time ever visiting the island and with any vacation/travel experience you try to do your best to research a good hotel. Once its booked you hope for the best especially when it’s somewhere you’ve never been before. I feel I’ve had my fair share of good experiences, average experiences and horrific ones when traveling but never have I experienced what I did at Hotel Nazos!! It was the SINGLE BEST EXPERIENCE I have ever had PERIOD!

Of course when I booked my stay at Nazos the majority of the reviews seemed very good but you just never know. Well I’m here to tell you it exceeded all my expectations. As many have stated from the time you arrive (by ferry for me) the man who gets this great experience started off perfectly is there ready to pick you up and take you to the hotel. And for all of you who have the opportunity to meet this gracious man his name is George. George is the type of host you wish you could have every time you travel. Some of the greatest things about the Greek culture are the genuine hospitality, family feel and in the case of the Nazos family AWESOME service you just don’t receive in many other places.

In addition to the service, the hotel has a fabulous location overlooking Mykonos town. For those of you that want to see one of the best sunsets you need to go no further than right outside the hotel. It is an unreal view from where the hotel is situated. The hotel is also very close to where the buses pick you up to take you to various beach locations on the island….this was priceless. The rooms had all the essentials and very cold AC! The hotel is also very walkable to all the nightlife, shops and restaurants of Mykonos Town.

Well there you have it, this place is a must stay in my opinion.

George you’re the best and I want to thank you and your family for such a great experience and fantastic stay! I hope to see you again soon George! γεια μας!!

Damon

3 Thank Damon P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Nazos hotel was perfect for us. We like simple, clean, comfortable, friendly & well located places. We can't fault Nazos. The bonus is the view, peaceful surroundings, balcony & super friendly owners. I reckon this is the best value in town.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank jmelep
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This place was perfect for us, it's a very short walk down-hill to the bus station and to the main town (under 10 minutes) but far enough away from the main town that it's quiet and cozy, and we had a great balcony. We had a room with an excellent view and George was kind enough to pick us up from the airport and drop us off at the port at the end of our stay. He was super helpful and recommended restaurants and activities for us. Again, this is a no-frills hotel, so if you're looking for a casual stay this is the place. Plus the grounds are charming and the main kitchen area is usually open for food and drinks! I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the water!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kugali
Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

The owners are wonderful – they picked us up right from port for free. We also got a room for such a reasonable price, 55 Euros per night and it had a balcony with a great view of Mykonos Town! Close enough to town to walk easily, but far enough away to be quiet. It is up a bit of a hill though, so be prepared for some walking. The room was clean and larger than the other rooms we stayed at in Greece. The bathroom was very small, but functional. Beautiful little place. It seems like any room with a balcony has a view, definitely request one!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony - you can get one for the same price as a non-balcony room if you ask.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LauraG83
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Nazos Hotel is a great place to stay. My freind and I stayed there for three nights in August 2011. The owners were very friendly and they picked us up at the port upon arrival and drove us to the aiport when we departed. George runs the hotel with his family and they were very helpful in providing directions and showing us what to do in Mykonos. The hotel is on a hill and a short walk to Mykonos town center where the shops and restaurants and nightlife are located. The bus tops are located in the town center (about a 10 minute walk) and you can take the bus to any of the the beaches. I will definitely stay here again!!!

2 Thank prestissimo1978
madrid
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stay there just for one night on the way back home. The main positive points of this hotel are that it is very quiet (even in August) and that the owners can take you from/to the ports and the airport. The rooms aren't really fancy and the shower is tiny, but otherwise nothing to complain about. We had a view on Mykonos and the bay from our balcony. Be prepared to walk about 15 minutes uphill from the sea front, though, in my opinion, this is much better than beeing located in the more hectic areas (at least during peak season). Free wifi Internet available in the rooms.

2 Thank Frédéric H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed at Hotel Nazos for one night. Maybe the whole of Mykonos is this expensive in August but 130 Euros a night was a huge amount considering how basic the accomodation was. Was clean enough but basic. Staff were pretty unenthusiastic and not massively friendly. Might have been because we were a gay couple. Glad we were staying only one night. Moved on to Paros.

1 Thank andrew_lawton2006