“Super duper..”
Review of Rania Apartments

Rania Apartments
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is a perfect place to stay, great location, room, staff and very clean..
Nicko's was super we even got a pick up and drop off from the airport!!
could not ask for more. it's a five min walk to the heart of Mykonos..
food,bars,shopping etc. minutes away but yet extremely quiet ..

Room Tip: #9 was nice..
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Mathieu L

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This place it a gem! It's really an efficiency apartment, not a hotel. The owner Nikolaos and his family were so nice and friendly and laid back...when I had a very late departure, they took my bags into their own home to hold them for me so I could spend more time having fun in Chora (Mykonos town). The room was spotless and the bathroom, although tiny by US standards was very functional and kind of cool. There was a second bed and sleeping area for my friend who visited me for 4 nights. I had a kitchen to make coffee and keep some beers and Tsiporo cold and my own outdoor sitting area and even an outdoor bed for siestas in the afternoon! Great place. Five stars for relaxed comfort, service and location, even without room service...after all, you want to be out, not in the room. I will return here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Out of all the places I've stayed at airbnb I prefer this one above all. The room was clean, spacious with a double bed and very reasonably priced. The internet always worked and the pad just a five minute walk from the Mykonos town centre (Chora). The kitchenette was well equipped and there was a tub in the toilet instead of a shower stall. The thing I will remember the most about my stay is Nikolas. He went above and beyond his way to make my stay enjoyable. First, he was willing to extend my late checkout till 18h at no extra charge so that I can spend a few more hours at the beach (that was back in May during the low season.) Secondly, when no taxi was available to collect me Nikolas volunteered to drive me to the airport and insisted that I don't pay him. I will always be grateful to him for what he did to me and I hope to return someday to stay at Rania's apartment again. Ambrose Lee

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 October 2012

The Rania Apartments are little gems up the stairs from Mykonos town. Close enough to have the flavor, far enough away for peaceful sleeping. Our studio (which we chose to stay in a second time in 3 years) was beautifully appointed including a shower/jacuzzi shaped like a Mykonos windmill. The owners are extremely helpful, offering to drive us to the ferry and even letting us check in quite early on arrival.

Beautiful memories of beautiful Mykonos.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Five of us spent three days here in two rooms and had no complaints. It's not the Hilton but they don't charge Hilton prices. The place has plenty of character with its little terraces and gardens and is well-located for the town, which is just 5 minutes walk away. Nikolas, the owner, could not have been more helpful, arranging transfers for us and giving us advice about where to go and what to see.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We were 2 people and asked by phone for a staying for 3 days. We asked for the total price , that according to hotel owner was 145 euro. He demanded to send him 2 nights in advance so we agreed to give him 100 euro by bank transfer.
The room was really average, like an old storage just for sleep without any balcony and view. the only positive was the nice bathroom.
Anyway this wasn’t the main problem….
When it was time for checkout..we had an unpleasant surpise…the hotel owned demanded from us to pay in total 435euro for 3 days. When we complained about this he said that on the phone he told to us..that the price was per DAY and not for the TOTAL STAYING. This was a really bad lie and an effort to have extra money from us. So in the end after some taking we didn’t pay the extra money he was asking…

In my opinion…just….STAY AWAY…or be really carefull about the arrangement. If you are interested for budget accommodation…there are MANY offers waiting for you just when you get out of the ship…(people offering accommodation holding advertisement leaflets).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank NikosLoutrak
NIKOLASMykonos, Owner at Rania Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Sirs,
We regret that our guests feel that way but it is obviously a misunderstanding that sometimes occur when reservations are made through telephone and not via e mail where everything is written and cannot be disputed. The above mentioned establishment is not a room but a studio (Double studio/One area/ground floor, web site description). Please check our website for relevant photos in order to realize that is NOT what are guests named it. The specific double studio was 145 euros per night * 3 nights = 435 euros in total. The client was clearly asked for two nights deposit , meaning 290 euros but instead 100 euros was deposited. Since tricks is not how we perceive Tourism services we are always at your disposal trying to make your holidays as pleasant as they can be.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

We stayed at this special place and loved it. The room had a patio that overlooked the garden and sea, wonderful sunsets. The owners could not have been more helpful and friendly. It is an easy walk down the hill to town. If you are considering Mykonos we suggest this location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple