“A hidden gem!!”

Funky Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 227 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Greek-Mediterrean restaurant, giving emphasis to freshness, seasonality and sourcing of ingredients. In a picturesque back street off the Lakka square.A destination restaurant for foodies.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Read the reviews prior to visiting Mykonos town and we were determined to eat at this place. We knew it would be busy but managed to get a booking at 10.30pm on night and this was fine for us both as everyone in Mykonos eats so late. Andrea our host was absolutely amazing - she was friendly and attentive with recommendations for food and wine! I had the falafel starter - scrumptious, so light and fluffy and tasty! The main was a treat too - I ordered the lamb chops again delicious! The portions sizes were so generous I had to skip the dessert! The music box with the bill was a lovely touch to the end! Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

What a lovely surprise! Funky Kitchen is tucked away in an area that allows you to enjoy your dining experience in a more peaceful environment if you are looking for somewhere to eat away from the madness of the main town area. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a lovely warm smile and made to feel very welcome. The maitre d was so lovely and helpful and she made us feel very comfortable and excited us about the food. Well she did not disappoint! We enjoyed every mouthful and loved the attention and smiles continuously received by all the staff. The food was just delicious and cooked with lots of love. The chef came out and chatted with us and other patrons also. This is a special little place and I would highly recommend it. Hard to find, as all good things are……. but well worth it!!!!

1  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

fantastic food , exquisite tastes, really fair price. Kind Staff.
tried 3 salads all delicious especially the zucchini one . presentation was impeccable. meat was incredible . tagliata was juicy accompanied by an amaIng sauce, lambchops tasty with patates bravas, calves liver was excellent. worth it by all means

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We went to Funky Kitchen following all the positive trip advisor reviews. We liked the look of the restaurant... slightly tucked away in Mykonos town, and it has cute thoughtful decor. The waitress that served us was friendly too.

What we ate...
Homemade bread: the bread was delicious, although the bits that came with it on the plate not so. Particularly the crushed nuts with pepper tasted like ground pepper.
Cocktails: My bellini was nice, but my boyfriend's apple martini not so, and it just tasted like calpol.
Bruschetta with prosciutto: We really enjoyed this, although a bit bland in terms of seasoning.
Saffron risotto: I enjoyed this. It was flavoursome, even though this flavour was mainly stock.
Ravioli with chicken broth: Very very bland. The chicken broth did not serve as a good alternative to a sauce.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The food was average.
We had feta spring rolls (a bit over the top for my taste) and beef as a main course. I asked for medium-rear, but I got more like a medium plus.
Lamb chops on the other hand was tasty.

The service was good and we felt welcome from start to end.