“avoid at all cost”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were taken in , in the afternoon by the sweet talking guy but when we went back in the evening both waiters were on their mobiles smoking most of the evening didnt ask if everything was ok which it wasn't and got charged for bread we didn't ask for

2  Thank anne_hatcher

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I left this restaurant with a ball in my stomach. We were on our honeymoon and we got ripped off just like all the other comments on here. I could write more, but it has already been said. Poor service, poor food, VERY misleading menu, WAY overcharged and to top it off they said the credit card machine was broken when we attempted to pay. I wish something could be done more to warn people!!!

4  Thank MattVirginia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

It looked good outside and it´s at good location !!! Same story like others, I have got gyros which was mostly fat meat rubish only, didn´t order the bread and garlic butter we have got as starter but it has been charged automatically for €3 per person. I didn´t want to pay it but the arrogant staff was asking to give them my passport then :) I left the place and threw the plate with still nearly full plate of a gyros over table. Stay away from this place even you are dying hunger !

they have another account at Tripadvisor:
Mythos
Add to trip
Corfo Town, Corfu, NY

4  Thank kateXckc
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I guess we got lucky compare to other recent reviews and people being ripped off.

There was quite a lot to chose from on the menu, bread like most restaurants there is brought straight out without asking for it and there is a charge.

Didn't have to wait too long for our drinks and starter. Mains were the same, came out pretty quick, the steak my partner had was quite bland and nothing special. From what I remember the prices were reasonable for the location. The wait for the bill was quite awhile, it was like we'd almost been forgotten about! Had to ask for it after waiting for probably about 40 mins before we realised it'd been that long.

It's In a good location with central corfu town. From what I saw the restaurant was clean and tidy.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

With so many good restaurants dotted around Corfu Town it's sad that Mythos, an establishment with a Tripadvisor disapproval rating of 84% (largely 'poor' to 'terrible'), should prosper simply because of its attractive appearance and picturesque campiella location. It is particularly annoying that, despite a plethora of scathing reports, nothing ever seems to change, and the management continues to operate in a world quite detached from customer satisfaction. On a visit last week, for example (ie before I had read earlier customer reviews) I discovered a squashed wasp under a mushroom on my chicken fillet. A simple matter really, and one which might have passed lightly with an apology. Bot no. Sulkily our waiter reported it to the manager who, after disposing of the plate, chose the youngest member of his staff to come over and tell me that what I had said was not true. 'It couldn't happen', he claimed. Meanwhile the manager remained resolutely behind the till. The plot thickened when I saw another chicken fillet being served without mushrooms! By now I had approached the manager who immediately confirmed that my complaint was unjustified. The question now, however, was why had I been served mushrooms in the first place? 'Because you ordered a la creme', the first waiter chipped in. The second waiter nodded and the manager corroborated the explanation. 'Chicken fillet is never served with mushrooms unless you ask for a la creme' declared the first waiter, 'And I know what you ordered because I never make a mistake'. At this point, however, the situation began to untangle when another customer told me that my mushroom-enhanced dish had in fact been carted round three other tables before it had finally landed on mine. Beginning to lose ground, the manager seized the bill and angrily slashed his pencil through the offending item.It was all rather unpleasant, and quite needlessly so.

Moral: Unless you believe you may be lucky enough to be among the 16% of diners who have rated Mythos 'average' or 'above', enter at your peril. Better still, don't enter at all.

5  Thank scherzo09