“Nice authentic Greek food”
Review of Bekios

Bekios
Ranked #141 of 226 Restaurants in Corfu Town
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Great authentic Greek cuisine. The souvlaki and chicken fillet were absolutely delicious and the portions were really good. The place is frequented by local people who know best where to find good Greek food. For a good Greek meal in Corfu at a good price, this is a definite choice. Thumbs up!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Beikos, English pronunciation or Mpeikos, the greek name. It is a small family run restaurant in the Mantouki area of Corfu town. It is right across from the docks where the cruise ships come in. We had a delightful meal there last night. As mentioned by another reviewer and I can confirm, it was filled with locals eating their with their families. Everyone seemed to know each other. After my meal I understand why the locals flock there. They do the traditional greek food preparation very well. Their food was better than any meal I had while in Athens. We had a full variety of their grilled meats which all had excellent flavor. The lamb chops and lamb kabobs were both excellent. The sausage, meat patties and steak each were well cooked and wonderfully flavored. Their side dishes were excellent. My favorites were the pimento cheese and their tzatziki sauce. Both of these stood out with special flavor different from any I had had before. The tzatziki had more garlic in it then others I have had and overall was more flavorful then this side is usually found to be. The pimento cheese had a bit of spicy flavor to it that set it apart. The bread was fresh with a wonderful crust. They had a full compliment of greek beers and wine. I didn't branch out with the drinks and stuck with just a Fix beer. After dinner we were just to full to try their deserts but I believe they would be excellent. The decor is very simple, nothing fancy but pleasant. The appearance might be a little simple for Americans expecting your average food chain in the US. But don't let that turn you away. We sat outdoors under their covered seating and at this time of year the weather was just right . The service was attentive and friendly. It is a father, mother and son team that run the restaurant and they simply do a great job and really take pride in the their food. I highly recommend you visit if your are in the area.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Bekios, is one of the oldest grill rooms around Corfu town. Situated in Mantouki, recently moved to a new location, just 200m from where it used to be for a long time. Actually, the area where it was, was called "Bekios" because everybody knew this place. Now, in this new place, just 100m past the port main entrance it is good for both winter and summer, good quality meat, souvlaki, chops and salads. Prices are very good, the service is extremely friendly- the same for the past 20 years I have been going there. Greek or tourist, it doesn't matter, you will get the welcome smile from the owners. !

Reviewed 2 February 2013

good grilled meats, the best chips, tasty salads, one of the best and non-pretentious restaurants in Corfu.
Giorgia the owner is a star!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

A grill room with a range of grilled meats such as lamb chops, pork chops etc. Their liver is amongst the best I've ever tasted and the first restaurant in Corfu many years ago (about 34 to be exact) that I tasted liver and actually enjoyed it. Succulent and tender it bears no resemblance to the boot leather some of us remember from childhood.