“Things may have changed”
Review of To Fanari

To Fanari
Ranked #34 of 233 Restaurants in Corfu Town
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I don't want to be a spoil sport after all the excellent reviews but we found it decidedly average tonight. The starters were good and the mains seemed to be freshly made but the portions were small and quite pricy. It was a Friday night and the place was empty apart from us and another table. No music no atmosphere and quite average. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad but doesn't deserve the fantastic reviews over the past. Maybe it has changed hands I don't know.

9  Thank Ian E

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We went there last week of April, it was a bit chilly and generally quiet in Corfu town as Easter celebrations were over and lots of people had left. Had a little wander round the streets before we found the restaurant.

Went in to find a pretty and nicely decorated restaurant. The menus were brought over and we chatted with the proprietor as to what was available. I had the Pasitsada which was lovely, the meat was lean and tender. My wife had Sofrito ( I think ) and she loved it.

The service was very attentive but not pushy.

The price of the meal was very reasonable, would go there again without hesitation.

5  Thank andybodiam
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Dinner at Fanari was a high point of my trip to Corfu, delightful surrounds, marvellous staff and a menu of fresh authentic Greek food.

5  Thank Phil C
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Have been to "To Fanari" several times and always had a great meal.

On our last visit, we had the Spicy pork (Bekri Meze), saganaki cheese, aubergines in the oven and home made chips, everything was very fresh and tasty!

Well done to Stelios and his staff, a very nice place to go for lunch or dinner.

2  Thank maritania
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

'It was a really great night, very traditional Greek experience good food and a wonderful atmosphere, highly recommended'

4  Thank Jeetens