“Close to the airport but that’s about all.”
Review of Hotel Bretagne

Hotel Bretagne
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Corfu Town
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hotel is very close to the airport, no more than a 10 minute walk even with wheeled-baggage. If you have to carry your bags you’ll probably consider it too far or hail a cab.

Our double-room was small but clean. The air-conditioning was efficient but noisy – you had to choose to be cool or to sleep. The free WiFi worked well.

Sound insulation is very poor. Corridor activity and noises in adjacent rooms made for a disturbed night. The bed was very hard – great if you need an orthopedic mattress but not great if you want a bit of comfort.

The breakfast was pretty terrible.

So, if you need a hotel close to the airport and don’t mind the shortcomings this may suit but if you want to sleep in comfort and enjoy a decent breakfast look elsewhere.

Room Tip: At the back….ideally in another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor T

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was a bit sceptical about the possibility of sleeping here due to the proximity of the airport but really I needn't have worried, though I was in a room on the back of the hotel. Spotlessly clean room, crisp white sheets on the bed and an adequate size bathroom with plenty of hot water in the shower too. I didn't stop for breakfast as I was off to the port for the fast ferry to Saranda (Albania) - but it did look to be a good buffet. Good value for money and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get one on the back if you are concerned about any potential aircraft noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Russell H
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The decor: OK, the decor of the hotel is not the most modern, but I thought it was reasonable for the price of the hotel.

Cleanliness: The room was clean, however, one of the towels was stained.

Facilities: The facilities are mostly good for the price than one pays except for two points. Firstly there is no lift, though our bugs were a bit over 20 kg, I was able to handle it, but then again I work out to the gym and don't mind the weight - if you are elderly or otherwise struggle carrying weights over narrow stairs, I would avoid it this hotel. This hotel doesn't appear appropriate for disabled people. Secondly, no matter how careful I seemed to be with the shower curtain, the shower over the bath tab kept flooding the bathroom. This is a bit a dangerous and also uncomfortable as you then walk in around your room with wet feet. I found the bed harder than usual, but to me that was a good thing - I like a hard mattresses, and this I feel is a personal thing.

Location: Very close to the airport and walked to and from the airport. The location is a bit further from the town centre than the airport, but we still walked to and from the town centre. Location is good.

Service: The lady at the front desk didn't appear friendly and her body language communicated that she would rather not talk to us. I find this is strange as it does contradict what some other reviewers said. She did answer all our queries, however, and gave us the correct information, but we had to ask about everything, she didn't volunteer any information when we checked in. In contrast, the gentleman we met at breakfast time was polite.

I would like to give this place three stars or perhaps even four when viewed in perspective to the low price, particularly when I see the other positive reviews, but in fairness to the level of service we received and some of the problems I mentioned above, I will give it two instead.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

For its location right next to the airport it was perfect, had an early flight for the uk and I couldnt go wrong with it, really nice friendly staff, nice clean rooms, free air conditioning, , (no hidden charge like a lot of greek hotels do,!!)
Maybe the only problem for a lot of people would be the hotel not having a lift but the staff there are quite willing to help you lug bags up the stairs,,
I never stayed long enough for breakfast, but I did see the dining area clean, clean, clean,
Also noticed that you could hear whats going on in the room next to you, quite thin walls, but thankfully my neighbours turned off the tv and went to sleep reasonably early,, yes I could quite easily recommend this hotel as an economical airport stopover

Room Tip: Not sure ,,mine was 205 and corner room, faced onto a nice courtyard
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank fraveler027
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The room was very old and old furnishings in need of updating.You have to walk about 30 min. to get to the city center.This is good hotel if you want to travel to the next city and rest of denied, because the airport was very close-5 min. to walk.

Room Tip: ask room with balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My friend and I spent our one-week holidays in Hotel Bretagne. It's very well situated if you want to visit the whole island, close to the capital and with easy parking (something very useful)
The rooms are renovated, comfortable and very clean; breaksfast buffet is good and has everything you may ask for: very good coffee, pastry, fruits, toasts, sausages... and even Greek yoghourt and honey.
The staff is really kind and proffesional at anytime, day or night, helpful and multilingual, and they provided us a free map of the island. Prices at the bar are much cheaper than in any cafeteria in town and drinks were served together with some free snacks -nuts or salted biscuits. What else you may need to enjoy your leisure time? Beautiful beaches all around!

Room Tip: Make your booking soon as it's fully booked in summer
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Old hotel with old furnishings in need of updating. Room was comfortable enough and very close to the airport, just a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the departures terminal. It was a very hot day and unfortunately the aircon was not working properly and kept switching off after about 40 minutes or so. We eventually requested an electric fan which was taken from the lounge area to help us out as there were no other rooms available.

Room Tip: Check that the aircon works!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corfu Town
Dalia Hotel
Dalia Hotel
#8 of 11 in Corfu Town
Arion Hotel
Arion Hotel
#7 of 11 in Corfu Town
Mayor Mon Repos Palace 'Art Hotel"
Sunset Hotel
#1 of 11 in Corfu Town
Arcadion Hotel
Arcadion Hotel
#34 of 402 in Corfu

Been to Hotel Bretagne? Share your experiences!