“Clean and well functional family hotel with friendly staff”
Review of Sunset Hotel

Sunset Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Corfu Town
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and my children were guests in this hotel from 4. of august to 15. of august 2013.
We found the hotell to be a very good place to do our sightseeings from. Close to Corfu City with its old town with cosy streets with lots of shops and tavernas. Plenty of resturants too.

The hotel staff greated us welcome with big smiles and friendly attidude. The room and the rest of the hotel was clean and nice. In this warm climate it was nice to see that the aircon was fully automatic and adjustable to our preferences. Well functional bathroom with a good functioning shower.

The room and the balcony was beeing kept nice and clean by the staff on daily basis.

My wife developed some pain in her back due to isjasj. When I mentioned this to the staff the manager set us up with a new and thicker mattress. The hotel manager showed up at our breakfast table every day after and politly asked how my wife was doing. This is a hotel with a staff that cares about its customers - they show it by taking good care of them. My wife needed painkillers of the kind that need prescription. That was not so easy for us to fix. But also this the hotel helped us with. With a lot more than just one phone call the receptionist had it all sorted out. My wife got the painkillers she needed

If you are looking for at clean and well functional hotel you need look no longer. I recommend this.

The children liked the swimmingpool a lot. My self I am a bit fuzzy when it comes to swimmingpools, but this pool had fully working cleaning systems with the proper chemicals added. I had no hesitation about letting the children swim and play in it. It was clean.

The staff and the service they gave was something that you do not find many other places.
Exeptionally good service with a friendly face.

I almost for got to mention,
- my daughters friend were alouded to come and sleep in our room for more than a week, Exept for the exstra for the breakfast they did not charge anything extra for this.

What more can I say, -
IT IS ALL GOOD AT THE SUNSET HOTEL

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Truls_Gudvar_Paulsen

Reviewed 12 August 2013

booked in for a week only managed one night, room was dirty, sheets were damp, staff were uninterested, also noisy, would advice against staying here, the only plus was the pool, my room looked onto main road, got a better view at home

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fiona W
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great hotel, everything clean, the nicest stuff.
excellent location, bus stop is across the road, cool stuff,
pool is quite big. Air conditioning is working.

One word, perfection :)

and gas station is near :D

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vesna v
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel is fine for a day or two as it's very near to the airport and has the bonus of having a pool.
The rooms are clean but basic and a little dated. The view from my particular room (402) was a bit depressing in that it overlooked the main road and the Shell petrol station - so not really condusive to the holiday mood! The bed was extremely hard as were the pillows - so not a great night's sleep.
The staff were really friendly and very pleasant. On the whole, the hotel is good value for money, but I'm not usre I'd choose it agian despite the pool.
Just a note of caution - I asked the receoption to call me a taxi to take me into the Old Town and when I asked her how much it would cost she said, approx 6 euros. When he dropped me off he tried to charge me 15 euros!! We compromised at 10.......taxi drivers!??

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the petrol station.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel common rooms and our hotel room were very clean and well kept. The pool area was also nice. The air conditioning was very welcome our first day but the day of our check out the air conditioner was either turned off at a central location or stopped working and we were pretty miserable until we checked out. Not sure if that was the intention or not. The breakfast was okay but pretty sparse. The beds were very, very, very hard and uncomfortable. We were actually sore in the morning. Overall, I'm not sure that we would stay at the Sunset Hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Sharon K
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I booked the hotel to enjoy my last holidays in Greece and to be honest was the best options. I am really glad about it.The hotel in only a 5 minutes bus to the old town. And the buses are there every 30 minutes. The bus stop is across the road (in front of the hotel).

The staff and family are really kind, they provide us many tips about good restaurants in Corfu (dont forget to ask them!) and the hotel is perfect! (Swimming pool, big rooms and good atmosphere)

Thanks family and staff for our nice and realx holidays in your hotel

Room Tip: The rooms are perfect after a lond day in the sun and incredibles beaches close to the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susanna m
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed for two nights at this hotel, three kids, two adults. The hotel and the rooms are ok enough and the kids enjoyed the pool, not crowded, this was the 1 and 2 July, and the pool area was fine for relaxing, few people and clean pool. Rooms and environments at the hotel and the service was good, but, it was very, too, close to the high way, good for a two nights stay, but not for spending a holiday, I would not at least, we could hear the traffic very well in the room, a bit less with the door closed, but still, and the nearest beach, we did not visit it, you had to walk by the highway, instead we took a taxi to the old town (10 EUR) and enjoyed it in the night when it was not so hot, our view from the room was a gas station and the highway to one side, and the sea to the other, quiet from neighbors, but they didnt make a lot of noise, you are close to the others balcony, good service, friendly staff, but it felt like the hotel was to close to the traffic, not when at the swimming pool though, there it was relaxing. breakfast was minimum, but what they had was ok and you could eat until 1030 with no problem, the bar at the pool served greek salad, hamburgers, one sort of pizza, toast and not much more, except drinks and nuts. Clean rooms with refrigerator and air con. nice place for a few days if you just want to chill and hang by the pool, and go by taxi or bus to nice restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 5 in Kanoni
Corfu Palace Hotel
Corfu Palace Hotel
#4 of 11 in Corfu Town
Mayor Mon Repos Palace 'Art Hotel"
Arion Hotel
Arion Hotel
#7 of 11 in Corfu Town
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios

Been to Sunset Hotel? Share your experiences!