“An interesting unexpected stopover”
Review of Sunset Hotel

Sunset Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Corfu Town
Reviewed 16 May 2014

As my ferry from the mainland didn't arrive until 10 pm my original hotel booking at The Atlantis had been 'given away' presumably because I was so late. I was very disappointed as I had booked my room the week before for my return journey through Corfu. I have stayed at the Atlantis many times over the last 20 years. However,. I was directed to the Sunset Hotel which is just outside Corfu town on the main road north. I arrived by taxi (Euros 10) in the dark and was warmly welcomed. My room was very clean and comfortable. In the morning I had a pleasant view and if I had been staying longer I would have enjoyed the balcony. The breakfast was perfectly adequate. It was all self service but friendly staff were there to help if necessary. I was able to catch a bus into town the next day for my onward journey home. It was very reasonably priced and I would certainly recommend this as a pleasant stop over. I am glad to have discovered it.

Room Tip: I was given a room at the side. I would imagine the rooms facing the main road would be very noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank mitters100

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great value hotel with a decent pool along with outdoor bar and not too far out of Corfu Town, nice friendly staff, good service and breakfast was good to. Ideal for unwinding after a visit to Corfu Town. We stayed here for a couple of nights prior to our flight home and couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank keefie_7
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for almost a week! I have to say that it was perfect and the staff was really kind and very polite. The breakfast was really good and the quality of the food and vegetables was marvellous! The outdoor bar was one of the places that i spent the most of my time and all the products were in low prices! The fruit salad was one of the most common meals of my day! Highly recommended for couples and families with kids! I'll definitely go back one day to spend more time with friends and family! Gerry was the best guy, Vasilis (the boss) is a great person (do not hesitate to ask him for everything you need to learn about Corfu). Thank you all for everything!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank 110Konstantinos110
Reviewed 8 September 2013

For the price payed in September, it was totally worth it. Very good service, helpful and gentle. Alsothe rooms were fully equiped with everything needed. The pool was a great advantage to make up for not being so close to the city centre. The furnishing of the rooms was very nice, making you feel like in one of those hotels in the 20s. But the main theme of our stay there was RELAX.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Viktoria R
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and my children were guests in this hotel from 4. of august to 15. of august 2013.
We found the hotell to be a very good place to do our sightseeings from. Close to Corfu City with its old town with cosy streets with lots of shops and tavernas. Plenty of resturants too.

The hotel staff greated us welcome with big smiles and friendly attidude. The room and the rest of the hotel was clean and nice. In this warm climate it was nice to see that the aircon was fully automatic and adjustable to our preferences. Well functional bathroom with a good functioning shower.

The room and the balcony was beeing kept nice and clean by the staff on daily basis.

My wife developed some pain in her back due to isjasj. When I mentioned this to the staff the manager set us up with a new and thicker mattress. The hotel manager showed up at our breakfast table every day after and politly asked how my wife was doing. This is a hotel with a staff that cares about its customers - they show it by taking good care of them. My wife needed painkillers of the kind that need prescription. That was not so easy for us to fix. But also this the hotel helped us with. With a lot more than just one phone call the receptionist had it all sorted out. My wife got the painkillers she needed

If you are looking for at clean and well functional hotel you need look no longer. I recommend this.

The children liked the swimmingpool a lot. My self I am a bit fuzzy when it comes to swimmingpools, but this pool had fully working cleaning systems with the proper chemicals added. I had no hesitation about letting the children swim and play in it. It was clean.

The staff and the service they gave was something that you do not find many other places.
Exeptionally good service with a friendly face.

I almost for got to mention,
- my daughters friend were alouded to come and sleep in our room for more than a week, Exept for the exstra for the breakfast they did not charge anything extra for this.

What more can I say, -
IT IS ALL GOOD AT THE SUNSET HOTEL

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Truls_Gudvar_Paulsen
Reviewed 12 August 2013

booked in for a week only managed one night, room was dirty, sheets were damp, staff were uninterested, also noisy, would advice against staying here, the only plus was the pool, my room looked onto main road, got a better view at home

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fiona W
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great hotel, everything clean, the nicest stuff.
excellent location, bus stop is across the road, cool stuff,
pool is quite big. Air conditioning is working.

One word, perfection :)

and gas station is near :D

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
#3 of 5 in Kanoni
Corfu Palace Hotel
Corfu Palace Hotel
#4 of 11 in Corfu Town
Mayor Mon Repos Palace 'Art Hotel"
Arion Hotel
Arion Hotel
#7 of 11 in Corfu Town
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios

Been to Sunset Hotel? Share your experiences!