“Average, very nice and polite receptionist”
Review of Sunset Hotel

Sunset Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Corfu Town
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights at this hotel. It was average, rooms were clean and the staff was very helpfull with suggesting places to visit and see in the island, especialy the receptionist.

Rooms were a little small and over-furnitured and also the highway is right nearby, so there was noise in the middle of the night. The pool was nice, even though I used it once or twice. It was pretty small.

The breakfast serviced in the hotel was plenty and great, even though i would have preferred for them to change the menu once in a while. But the staff that worked in the restaurant was amazing, they were so fast in putting food out, and changing the table by removing the dirty plates and everything else.

Overall, if you stayed at this hotel for the breakfast and sleep and for the party and beach time to move around Corfu (Corfu is a great island that offers everything), this hotel would be good for you.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Skerdi88

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Nobody else mentioned the hotel is practically on a busy motorway, with incessant traffic all through the night. The staff try their best but the noise is unbearable at times.

Aside from that it's a downmarket 3 star.

Avoid unless you came with a good pair of earplugs.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank AllyGBrussels
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights after a fantastic 10 nights in Paxos. The hotel is getting fairly dated but was very clean and tidy. The pool area is very nice with plenty of sunbeds. The location of the hotel is just off a busy main road, about 15 minutes walk from the centre of Corfu town. There is a bus stop within 100m of the hotel which take you right into town. Breakfast was fairly basic but more than met our requirements.

We had cause to ask for some advice from reception a couple of times and the staff were very helpful.

In short, hotel was perfect for a stopover but I wouldn't particularly want to spend a two week holiday here.

Room Tip: Ask to have a view of the pool, not the road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Good Location, nice outdoor area but poor breakfast. The cooked breakfast was left standing on a tray and horribly cold. I cannot understand why they do not invest in a heated plate as cold egg and bacon is really not very appetizing. Rooms adequate and clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We used this hotel as a stopover on our last day of our holiday. We just needed somewhere to relax before our late flight out.
This hotel certainly fitted the bill! The pool is great, staff are very helpful and friendly. We had a pool-facing room, which I highly recommend. The road-facing side can be noisy.
The spare bed was rather hard (like a plank), but the main bed was ok.

Room Tip: Pool Facing room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RobRyb
Reviewed 16 May 2014

As my ferry from the mainland didn't arrive until 10 pm my original hotel booking at The Atlantis had been 'given away' presumably because I was so late. I was very disappointed as I had booked my room the week before for my return journey through Corfu. I have stayed at the Atlantis many times over the last 20 years. However,. I was directed to the Sunset Hotel which is just outside Corfu town on the main road north. I arrived by taxi (Euros 10) in the dark and was warmly welcomed. My room was very clean and comfortable. In the morning I had a pleasant view and if I had been staying longer I would have enjoyed the balcony. The breakfast was perfectly adequate. It was all self service but friendly staff were there to help if necessary. I was able to catch a bus into town the next day for my onward journey home. It was very reasonably priced and I would certainly recommend this as a pleasant stop over. I am glad to have discovered it.

Room Tip: I was given a room at the side. I would imagine the rooms facing the main road would be very noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank mitters100
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great value hotel with a decent pool along with outdoor bar and not too far out of Corfu Town, nice friendly staff, good service and breakfast was good to. Ideal for unwinding after a visit to Corfu Town. We stayed here for a couple of nights prior to our flight home and couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Kanoni
Corfu Palace Hotel
Corfu Palace Hotel
#4 of 11 in Corfu Town
Mayor Mon Repos Palace 'Art Hotel"
Arion Hotel
Arion Hotel
#7 of 11 in Corfu Town
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios

Been to Sunset Hotel? Share your experiences!