We stayed here in June 2014 on a Shearings coach holiday. When we arrived it looked beautiful and just like the photos in the brochure - this wasn't to last for long. At approx. 6.30 am on the Monday after we arrived late on Sunday we heard noise outside and assumed it was the refuse collection! The builders had arrived! They were going to dig up the large car park to make way for an underground car park ready for the ski season and also dug about an acre of beautiful green grass adjacent to the hotel which is going to be a new hotel.
We had to put up with the noise and dust and large lorries and diggers coming & going all week. It totally spoilt our holiday as they were working from 8am till gone 7pm every day. If you like peace & quiet and beautiful surroundings on your holiday then I would stay well away from thos hotel.
The food was terrible at breakfast - we had stale cereals and bread and rolls, jam, cheese , meats and fruit) a bruised apple or if you were lucky a small banana) every day - no variety the only hot food was mushy scrambled egg. The dinner was a little better but we went all inclusive which in our opinion means a choice of food and plenty of it but we were offered one choice of starter , 2 choices of main and one choice of dessert. cheap table wine to accompany our meal = they served to your table and there was no buffet. This was NOT all inclusive.
As we were all inclusive the drinks fridge was locked at 10pm so there was nobody in the small bar and absolutely no atmosphere. The hotel did not provide any kind of entertainment and hotel manager was quite rude on occasions.
We would not stay here again even if you paid us - Austria itself is a beautiful country but sadly this hotel lets it down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Sportresort HOHE SALVE relies on the power of movement - in both summer and winter, 365 days a year. This movement is more than just a service, but integral to our daily activities and thinking for us. For all ages and all fitness levels. Located in Hopfgarten right next to the cable car station Hohe Salve in the Kitzbuhel Alps and is only 150 meters away from the center. With 104 rooms, five rooms for seminars and events, two restaurants, Apres ski bar and a 1,400 sqm "Move & Relax" area with yoga room, power room, 630 sqm pool area with 25 m sports outdoor pool, massage and treatment rooms Resort every sporting heartbeat. The sportresort is located in Hopfgarten, right next to the valley station of the Hohe Salve mountain railways, which offers an ideal entry into one of the largest and most modern ski resorts worldwide, the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental, with 90 lifts and lifts, 284 km of fun fun Lighted toboggan runs and over 70 huts guarantee pure winter pass. Welcome! But also for the rest of the year, the region around the Hohe Salve sports resort also offers numerous outdoor sports facilities: - brand new trail running routes in Westendorf - mountain bike tours throughout the region - running and walking trails in the village - hiking and mountain biking for all levels of difficulty - cycling and e-biking trails through the entire Brixental - and much more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Sportresort Hohe Salve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporthotel Fuchs Hotel Hopfgarten Im Brixental
- Sporthotel Fuchs Hopfgarten