We stayed for 10 nights in July 2014 with Eurocamp. The park itself is great. Lots of activities on offer and nice to have several pools to choose from, with lots of water slides. The kids loved it! So many activities on offer we only left the park for one half day trip to the aquarium in St Malo and a couple of quick visits to the local supermarket.
We found the Eurocamp couriers very helpful and friendly. Check in was quick and easy. After several nights we decided to extend our stay by a couple of nights since we were all having such a lovely time. A nice girl at Eurocamp reception took care of everything for us.
The caravan we stayed in was fine and the location was excellent! 10 minute walk to the facilities but we hired a little pull along cart for the little ones to sit in so that helped speed things up. We were lucky enough to have a large grassy area outside the caravan for the kids to play.
The Eurocamp kids club and staff were really good. We weren't planning on using it as much as we did but the kids loved it and wanted to go in most mornings. The learn to ride classes were a bonus and our daughter learned to cycle without stabilisers for the first time! The kids couriers were very enthusiastic and full of fun. It was worth booking with Eurocamp for the kids club alone.
There were a few things that could be better, otherwise may have given 5 stars. The park could be doing with a coffee shop or takeaway coffees maybe from the ice cream kiosk (which had pretty limited opening hours much to our kids disappointment). You could get coffee in the bar but didn't open till 11. The main restaurant menu was very limited and wasn't overly impressed with the food but we tended to eat in most of the time. The evening entertainment was very late and therefore unsuitable for families with young children.
This was the best family holiday we've been on and plan to return in 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between Le Mont Saint-Michel and Saint-Malo, Domaine des Ormes, hotel residence and camping*****, is open all year in a unique 250-hectare nature. For your holidays, with family or friends, Domaine des Ormes offers several types of accommodation: tree houses, water houses, cottage hutte, hotel, apartment, mobile homes or campsite, there is something for all tastes and all budgets. The Domaine des Ormes also offers many activities on site: swimming pools and indoor water park, adventure park, paintball, pedal boats, bicycle rental, fishing and more. Also discover the 18-hole golf course or the equestrian center. There is also a large selection of restaurants (convivial atmosphere at the Club House, overlooking the golf course and the castle; refined cuisine based on local produce and market at L'Oie Gourmande, overlooking the pool; great salads and grilled meats in the restaurant - wine bar Le Cellier). At the heart of a region full of charm, Domaine des Ormes will be your starting point to visit Mont Saint-Michel, Saint-Malo, Dinan, Rennes, etc. The ideal place for successful holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, PitchUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Les Ormes, Domaine & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine Des Ormes Hotel Dol-De-Bretagne
- Les Ormes, Domaine & Resort Dol-De-Bretagne, France - Brittany