We stayed here during the school holidays in a pre-erected tent with Canvas Holidays.
It was early in the season, so the tent & its interior were all in good condition with nothing missing.
The site was clean & staff were helpful.
My children enjoyed the swimming pool & horse rides.
The take-away service offered low grade food that we simply can't recommend - greasy chips & sausages :(
The children's clubs run by Canvas were very good with lively, caring staff.
The Domaine des Ormes staff put on a re-enactment of Robin Hood followed by fireworks and this was well worth keeping the kids up late for.
Locally food was far more expensive than we had bargained for. The on-site shop sold croissants at €1 each & my family of 5 would easily eat up to 14 of these for breakfast, making it very expensive! The local supermarkets are also more expensive than we had expected. If you are camping on a budget, take as much food from home as you can fit in!
We had a lovely weeks holiday, the fab weather helped & we will definitely be returning :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between Le Mont Saint-Michel and Saint-Malo, Domaine des Ormes, hotel residence and camping*****, is open all year in a unique 250-hectare nature. For your holidays, with family or friends, Domaine des Ormes offers several types of accommodation: tree houses, water houses, cottage hutte, hotel, apartment, mobile homes or campsite, there is something for all tastes and all budgets. The Domaine des Ormes also offers many activities on site: swimming pools and indoor water park, adventure park, paintball, pedal boats, bicycle rental, fishing and more. Also discover the 18-hole golf course or the equestrian center. There is also a large selection of restaurants (convivial atmosphere at the Club House, overlooking the golf course and the castle; refined cuisine based on local produce and market at L'Oie Gourmande, overlooking the pool; great salads and grilled meats in the restaurant - wine bar Le Cellier). At the heart of a region full of charm, Domaine des Ormes will be your starting point to visit Mont Saint-Michel, Saint-Malo, Dinan, Rennes, etc. The ideal place for successful holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Les Ormes, Domaine & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine Des Ormes Hotel Dol-De-Bretagne
- Les Ormes, Domaine & Resort Dol-De-Bretagne, France - Brittany