“Good price for what we got”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Dionysos Hotel

Dionysos Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Angistri
ATHENS
“Good price for what we got”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My review is based on my experience during low season and without any neighbours next door. The room was spacious with new furniture and clean with great sea view. It was very quiet at night (with the exception of noisy AC). There was only one person at the reception desk who seemed to be bored out of his mind, however he helped us with everything. I didn't really mind that there was no one there later in the day as it is a self catering room and I dindn't really need much. We paid 40 EURO per night that we thought was very reasonable (we even got a receipt without having to ask for it!!). I can understand though how it can become a bit difficult later in season. I wouldn't have been very impressed if I had to pay more money for it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ANGELINA G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
Athens
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I will have to agree with other reviews: the absence of an owner or someone who really cares about the hotel is evident. Even if it is just a uneasy feeling, with no actual impact on your stay. There was only a receptionist who stayed there all day untill 10pm (after that the reception and the lounge closed) and a cleaner, an economic migrant who did not speak greek -or english evidently- and did not persuade me of her flawless cleaning. The room seemed clean but you can make a room seem clean without actually cleaning it properly, if you know what I mean. At the kitchenette there was nothing provided, not even some detergent to do the dishes. The cleaning lady did them, and I am not sure how...
I was very disappointed with the pillows (they needed replacing) and I think there was no liner under the sheets to protect the matress from every guest's sweat -or worse.
The outer part of the aircondition made a terrible noise! No adjacent room could sleep with window open, I believe! (I was in room 4) I wish there was a fan instead.
There are three levels. Our room was at the lowest. You could still see the sea but the magnificent view was massively blocked by another hotel ("Kekryfalia", maybe you would rather choose this one!)
Another thing that bothered me was that there was an open hole high on the bathroom wall giving into ...the hotel's corridor. I must say I was very surprised to see this. There was an opening, constructed on purpose, completely open, no grid, no nothing, and anybody passing by could hear everything from your bathroom!
Finally, I found the room overpriced. Sixty euros, even high season, I would not give again for this hotel. Up to 30-40 would be ok for me.
I had a coffee at the lounge and they did not charge me.
There were a lot of baby guests and families. Not at all easy to carry the pushchair in the room, lots of stairs, so I left it at the reception -no problem.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Argen
North East - UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

My first choice of hotel was fully booked so they arranged for me to stay here. The room was very comfortable with a large double bed and loads of storage space. It was advertised with a kitchenette (read fridge and limited crockery and cutlery) I asked for something to make coffee and was given a 2 ring hob and coffee pan - adequate for my needs. I had a balcony but unfortunately only had a view of trees and the back of another hotel. On the whole the room was clean (the shower curtain and fridge could have been cleaner)
The island of Agistri was beautiful and would definately holiday here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank RoobyC
Verona, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

We had wonderful holidays. It is a verry nice hotel with very friendly service. Our apartment had beautiful sea view. We liked to have a glass of wine at our balcony.Agistri is a wonderful little island, with beautiful beaches,calmness and friendly people. And it is very near to Athens, and you can reach it fast and simply by ferry or flying dolphin from Pireas . We will come back soon.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

I really liked the hotel itself: Most rooms seemed to have sea view (like mine did) and were well equipped. Everything is clean and room service tidies up every three days.

I loved the island; it was very calm and apart from the easter days we were nearly the only guests there. The hotel is near to the village Skala (less than 5 walking minutes) with several super markets and restaurants. We did nice walking tours through the pretty island and one tour to the nearby island Aegina (which is not as pretty as Agistri). We also got help with the routes and the ferry boat timetables that are quite confusing by the employees...

All in all I really enjoyed the trip and would visit the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Somerset, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

I preferred that hotel because it is located in a quiet area, only a few minutes away from the centre of the village. Usually there is no one at the reception and one has to call the owner to send someone to fetch the key... The rooms have a sea view (except one that looks on the road) but they can be quite noisy since the hotel is on the road that comes from the village centre. The facilities are OK (TV, air-con, a small kitchen) and the room service is good - so I would recommend this hotel to someone who looks for relaxation. Price from June 2009 for a single room: 35 euro/night.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

We were staying in this hotel for 5 nights. There were just few couples and nobody else.
The girl Zina, who run 2 hotels was not always there however she was always available on the phone and all our requests were fullfilled immediately. The price was $35 eauro for the room with a sea view. Very clean and nice.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angistri
Hotel Aktaion
#4 of 5 in Peraia
Cabo Verde
Cabo Verde
#1 of 3 in Agia Triada

Been to Dionysos Hotel? Share your experiences!