This is our second visit to Rosy's, last year we came with our two sons and this year the whole family came , our daughter who had other plans last year insisted on coming this year after hearing how wonderful it was and she was not disappointed. A lot of the guests we recognised from last year, such is the charm and excellence of Rosy's its very difficult to imagine anywhere else to unwind and have a great holiday. (we have some catching up to do as a lot of the guests have been coming back year after year). Rosy’s is not some swanky 5* Hotel,the rooms are basic ,but they are comfortable, fully air-conditioned and your room is cleaned and fully serviced everyday. The service is however better than any 5* hotel I've stayed in, this is because it all comes from the heart and not from the staff being sent on a corporate customer care course. Rosy, Nondas and their son Christian are the best hosts always making sure that you are getting the best out of your visit. Eric is a brilliant chef (I think trained by Rosy) and manages a great team in the kitchen while Flori and Artemis work wonderfully front of house. Another TA reviewer summed up Rosy’s perfectly, its like coming back to visit the family, a wonderful family, staff and guests included. No need to be intimidated by this though if this is your first time as you will be made to feel very welcome by the ‘family’ and left to do as you please. I noticed a few single guests , I think this would be a place I would feel comfortable visiting on my own as you can do as you please.
On a more practical note getting to to Rosy’s is very easy. Flying into Athens airport then take a taxi or metro or bus to Piraeus around 60-90 mins followed by the Hydrofoil (Hellenic Ferries Flying Dolphin service) which takes 50 mins to Agistri where you will be met by Rosy or Nondas for a free transfer to Rosy’s (about 10 mins). Can easily be managed in a day if flying from the UK.
The Island is small and quiet, with a small population, the main town Skala (5 min walk from Rosy’s) has a couple of Banks and ATM’s , lots ofBars and Restaurants (we’ve never eaten in these since we find no reason to eat and drink anywhere else than Rosy’s) and a couple of supermarkets. Most of the Island is covered in trees offering some wonderful walks in the milder months of the year.
Nondas is a retired Sea Captain and offers many excursions on his very comfortable and fast boat. I would strongly recommend making time for one of the many on offer. They won’t try and hard sell these so look on their website and ask about them when you visit- I recommend the round the Island trip which for 5euro is great value.
Another gem is the Thursday night concert, just setup recently , Rosy's plays host to two wonderful musicians who play a mixture of music whilst you dine out on the terrace with its wonderful views across the sea to the Island of Aegina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small romantic seaside hotel built in a traditional style like a little village. All of the 16 rooms are individual designed, have fridge, a/c, balcony and sea view.Beach, bar and sea terrace are just in front. ,Kajak,And Canoes free for guests!Perfect spot for relaxation, but also for sightseeing, since Athens and the adjoining islands are very close. Workshops for painting,shiatsu,NIA,BIODANZA,NVC,in Spring and autum. Also you can Enjoy our Excursion boat for many trips,like Aegina island,Epidaurus festival, POROS and Hydra island,and barbeque on near by islet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rosy's Little Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosy`s Little Village Hotel Angistri
- Rosys Little Village Agistri
- Rosys Little Village Hotel Agistri
- Rosy's Little Village Greece/Angistri