“We loved Rosy's Little Village -- Agistri” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosy's Little Village

Rosy's Little Village
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Angistri
Beaumont, Texas USA
“We loved Rosy's Little Village -- Agistri”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

My daughter and I spent four days at Rosy's in late May, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! We wanted a quiet spot to relax and unwind from our hectic lives, and this fit the bill perfectly.

Rosy's Little Village is not a luxury hotel by any means. If you are looking for the amenities of a Hilton, this place is probably not for you. But it was perfect for us! We had a very clean, attractive room with a mini fridge, air conditioning, and a private balcony with a beautiful view of the sea and across to Aegina. The room was small, but the beds were comfortable, and even the pillows were okay -- a rarity in Greece!

The hotel restaurant food was fresh and tasty (we ended up eating there every meal but one), and the service was prompt and friendly. Costs were very reasonable... a large dinner for two with a large salad, entrees and a carafe of wine was well under 20 euros.

Rosy even made arrangements to change our return time on the Flying Dolphin, and personally drove us to the port to make sure all was in order, and that we got off okay.

Agistri is a very pretty island, with really helpful and friendly people, wonderful food, and beautiful clear water (although rather chilly in late May!). There is an Internet cafe in Scala, a five-minute walk from Rosy's, and several small markets provided everything we needed.

We will definitely stay at Rosy's again!

1 Thank LonghornDeb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2009

Rosy's Little vilage is great. Rosy and her family are both welcoming without being intrusive. The rooms are basic but spotless and kind of all you need. The bathrooms are tiny and ours got rather waterlogged after a shower, but that is my only, small complaint. The view from the rooms is beautiful and the food is excellent, we rather wish we had eaten there more, but we wanted to sample the island too, but the food we had there was better to that in the neighbouring restaurants. Its a great spot, the island was practically deserted when we were there in May, so easy to get to from Athens and the most chilled place ever. Other slight niggle is the bikes are pretty useless, no gears or brakes, so I would hire from somewhere elsewhere! Its a sublime island.. really gorgeous, I have never seen water like it anywhere and I travel a lot to the carribean, the seychelles etc.
Gorgeous!
There is wifi internet access too which is free.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

Me n my wife stayed at Rosy's for three days at the tail end of our trip to Greece and regrated not going there first! Its a charming place with smallish rooms (compared to Dubai) but very clean. We had read a real bad review of the place on trip advisor and my wife was a bit apprehensive but once we were there we were absolutely delighted we didnt go by the unfair review! Rosy's husband picked us up from the Milos port and gave us tips on moving around the village. Also offered to help us get a motorbike which we wanted although Rosy's offers bicycles to move around. Once we reached, we were offered welcome drinks - in most 5 stars that we have visited its mostly a juice but Rosy offered us beer or wine!! The food was FABULOUS is all I can say. Portions are large and very fresh! after 10 days in Athens and Mykonos - this was the first place where I was impressed with Greek food. We had all our meals there as the price is fair too. The beach/cove has 8 sunbeds near the beach and many more on the rest of the seafacing property. We hung around the property a lot after visiting the rest of the island. Rosy's place is the best besides Dragonera beach for which Rosy provided us with a map. Rosy's husband took me on a round on his sailboat which was fun and we did a bit of canoeing. The other guests were friendly and there was lots of families. All in all a great experience and we are surely going to return.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FunDubai
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2009

Rosie's really feels like a miniature village. Once we walked into the courtyard and found our way down to the cafe and view of the water we knew this was the Greece we were looking for. The buildings and rooms were quintessential "greek island" and inside they were clean and cozy. My wife was really impressed with how soft and comfortable the sheets were, not a common Greek hotel trait.
Their food is amazing, so if you want to stay at the hotel the entire time their is enough variety on the menu to last several days. We did want to get out a bit so one night we had dinner the local pizza place which had wood-fired AMAZING pizza and pasta for really good prices. While they have bikes for use, the town is close enough just to walk which is exercise when all you're doing is sitting around everyday.
There are plenty of activities available if you so desire. The little beach is perfect and Rosie's husband Nondas helped us take the sailboat out one afternoon which was an idyllic experience. The also have kayaks and a motorboat. Rosie, Nondas and her son Christian were all helpful in helping us know what activities were available and how to make the most of them.
This is not a "chain hotel" experience. It's a cozy seaside family cottage that makes you feel like you're far far away in a magic place. The staff are helpful in a way that you'd expect from a family run establishment. No pretense here. Just authentic Greek. And "just what we needed". Oh and they now have WI-FI. I won't soon forget sitting at the cafe with my laptop, looking out on the turquoise blue water, sipping on a iced coffee.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CMPro
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2009

We have discovered a really fantastic place. Visited in low season and felt like we had the whole Island to ourselves. If you want somewhere close to Athens (1.5 hours) and yet feeling like you are miles from anywhere this is the place for you.
We hired a scooter to see the rest of the island and discovered beautiful scenery, secluded coves - everything you could want from a Greek Island.
We are convinced this is the best place to stay on the Island due to its location and setting and its natural peaceful charm. The hotel web site shows just how great this place is. Rosy is really lovely and made our stay perfect with good food and a beautiful room with a perfect view of the sea.

Phil (Leeds)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PB1000
France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2009

I think the most telling recommendation is when people go back and that's exactly what we're doing in 2009!
I was one of a team of three trainers offering a Nonviolent Communication retreat and Rosy's was such a supportive setting for us all.
Watching the sun rise each morning as we swam in the turquoise sea, then an enjoyable fuss-free breakfast, and morning workshops. A break before lunch for another swim, followed by relaxing in the sun or shade of the pine trees before another workshop until evening time. Then what became ritual 'drink & dance' sessions before the evening meals which we simply delicious!
Comments from our group:
"I have learned, laughed, cried and connected in lovely company and beautiful surroundings"
"A 5 day trip into myself, in paradise!"
"I liked absolutely everything: the place, the people"
"An ocean of empathy & warmth & fun!"
"I liked all of it : place, tuition, food, company, the feel good factor every day"
"It was unforgettable - the right people at the right place"

Now maybe you understand why we're already booked this year!

• Liked — friendliness
  • Disliked — not enough fresh fruit
  • Stayed September 2008
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LouiseRomain
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2008

I had the delight of staying at Rosy's for a week in the middle of October. I came for a week-long retreat as a single. There was a large group using Rosy's as their home base and the place was packed. However, even with a large group there you had a lot of space to yourself and everyone was very friendly. As a single, it was a very safe island to explore by yourself. I ate at other restaurants in town, but preferred the food, price and al-fresco ambiance back at Rosy's. The view across the sea to Aegina from Rosy's dining area at sunrise was spectactular, as was the view of the shoreline at sunset. Rosy, Nando, Christian and the entire staff were very kind, and Rosy gave me the best directions on how to find my way from the ferry to the airport bus stop once I returned to Pireus, making my trip back to Athens very easy. Although I usually don't like to return to the same place twice on vacation, I can't wait to return to the island for my next trip. I will definitely stay at Rosy's again.

• Liked — Quiet, clean rooms, rocky beach on site, sandy beach nearby, great views
  • Disliked — Lots of steps as Rosy's is built into the side of the island--you have strong legs by the end of your vacation.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Jisontheroadagain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angistri
Oasis Scala Beach Hotel
#1 of 16 in Aegina Town
Hotel Milos
Hotel Milos
#1 of 2 in Megalochori

Been to Rosy's Little Village? Share your experiences!