“Thanasis”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Angistri
Athens
“Thanasis”
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I wanted to write my experience of my stay in this hotel in order to prevent others from being victims.
Vasilaras hotel is really beautiful - as the most of the hotels-apartments in Agistri. (The competition is really hard). Unfortunatelly we have to deal with a chain of problems, some of them big and others smaller.

First of all, although the owner (Maria) of the hotel had ensured us (via e-mail) that the room will have sea view, the view was not like that. The room was on the back of the building and its view was another house.

The second one was that the bed was full of ants. When we informed the owner, she just sent a man to change the sheets and spray. (They didn't even tell us an apology or ask if we would like to change room!!!).

Unnecessary to mention that we stayed there for three days and nobody changed the towels!!!Hotel's restaurant (tavern) is very expensive relatively to the other restaurants.The pool is small but good enough if you have children.

The motions are contradictory. Although the stuff tried to serve us, the way was wrong on the majority of the cases. My opinion is that the problem is the management. The lady that manages the hotel is alone and the rooms are so many. She has many responsibilities and she can't go through.
A good proof of the above is that after receiving her mail where she confirmed the availability I wrote back in order to proceed with the reservation. I never got an answer so, after some days I wrote again and then she called giving me a back account. On the telephone I asked her to let me know whether she received the money. I payed the first night and wrote her again, but still I got no answer. One day before the trip I had to call her again and she said yes, sure, it's no problem, don't worry about the money. I understand she is a very cool and relaxed person but one wants to be sure everything is in order before they go on holiday.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mandrakoulos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Campton, New Hamshire
Reviewed 9 September 2007

My wife and I decided to get away from Perdika for a few days and head to Angistri. We had no hotel in mind, just figured we would find one as we walked. What a find this little gem was. Patrick, Byron and Maria were all very, very nice. The rooms were impeccable and the food was incredible. They made us feel welcome the minute we walked through the front. The poolside atmosphere was relaxing and the pool was clean and refreshing. I would definately stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone. Enjoy!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Limerick
Reviewed 27 July 2007

As Greek island hotels go this is a good one, the rooms were cleaned daily and there was an ample supply of clean towls and fresh bed linnen. It's real qualities are the service, Partick and Byron were so helpful and went beyond the 'call of duty' to make our stay enjoyable, and the food...
We stayed for two weeks and sampled most of the restraunts in in the village. Most serve good tourist food (and my daughter rated a few as rubbish), and two stood out as quality restraunts. Despite the fact that we really wanted to go out to eat, nothing really compared to the food in our hotel and we dined there more than anywhere else. It was excellent.
When we go back we will certainly stay here again.

• Liked — The service and the food
  • Disliked — That the showers were just adequate
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Bristol
Reviewed 14 July 2007

My brother lives in Athens and visits Agistri regularly. It was him who found the Vasilaras Hotel and said it was perfect for us with two small children....a couple of minutes from the beach with a lovely sea water swimming pool and fantastic staff - he was spot on. The rooms were clean and the showers far better than the average Greek shower, not only was there lots of hot water but it was powerful too! Patrick, Byron, Maria and Co could not have been more friendly and helpful, in fact they went out of their way to make our holiday perfect - even finding us babysitters for a couple of child free nights. We are just about to book for next year!

• Liked — The location and the staff
  • Disliked — the slightly steep hill up to it ( just at mid say with a pram)
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family